The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here

Over the years we've been introduced to various classes of trainer such as Hikers, Lasses and Bug Catchers. These trainers share appearance and, in some cases, types of pokémon used. For example, as I'm sure most players are aware, Hikers tend to use Rock/Ground types especially Geodude.

So which are your favourite and least favourite classes and which do you believe to be the most powerful?

My favourite class is the Striker class due to its obvious links to football. Unfortunately, this class probably will not appear in any future games and can only be encountered on certain days. Each of them actually have unspectacular teams, but just due to their football basis I like them. My favourite of the more common classes would be Dragon Tamer because their costume is pretty cool and I love pretty much all Dragon pokémon.

Excluding Leaders, E4 and Executives, I think Ace Trainers are the most powerful regular class for obvious reasons. They tend to appear in later stages (such as Victory Road) with strong teams.

As for dislikes, most classes do not bother me, but the Fisherman and Swimmer classes annoy me greatly. Most of them carry pointlessly weak water pokémon that faint after one attack. (Especially the fishermen who carry six Magikarps)

Finally, as a potential secondary point of discussion, do you believe Trainer Classes have a place in X/Y or future games now that there's more potential to develop individual characteristics for each enemy trainer? (The 'Lass' class is already confirmed to appear in X/Y so classes will return regardless)

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Therizinosaurus

i would have to say i like the hikers, because i tend to appear as hikers in the GTS, like, in every game. though the male gamer in me appreciates the female swimmers, and i think its kinda funny how they repeatedly wear absolutely tiny bikinis in a game series that censors pretty much everything else.

As far as for the types and varieties of pokemon, they tend to use the same type, making them easy to beat, or the same species, which i never really liked because no actual trainer would ever train 6 of the same pokemon, and it gets boring
Old June 23rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Gengar's Shadow

Nature: Calm
Ace trainers always seemed pretty cool to me. I really hate the fishermen with six Magikarp. It's just so annoying.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here