Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Advertise here
So how do you deal with sadness? What do you do when you feel down in the dumps? Whats the best way to lift your spirits, etc etc.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
I typically do something that engages my mind if I'm super depressed.

Studying usually does the trick; it takes all of my attention, and it contributes to a better grade! Other times, I'll play a puzzle game.

If all else fails, video games.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Ehh. I just kind of exist for a while, waiting for it to go away.

Unlike several other posters, though, I'm not one to act emotional if I'm sad or if something is bothering me. Things just work out better, under most circumstances, if I pretend I'm fine. I also just don't want to deal with people pestering me about it haha. Though apparently some people can tell by my voice, so I have to pay attention to make sure I sound neutral/happy/whatever.
I am in the process of leaving PC and IRC channels associated with it.
If you wish to contact me, this is my channel:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23SableyeCorner
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; July 20th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:33 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I attempt to play video games in an attempt to drown it out. It works, but only for a short time. If I'm sad, I'll cry about it and I generally feel fine afterwards. If it's depressing me, then I have to rely on video games or something humorous to distract my mind for a short time.
I have now moved to my new account
TéaQQ for good due to personal reasons.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Yukari Yakumo
scary luma mother
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
Hm...I might try and play video games, like Call of Duty. I'll take my anger and despair out on the enemy..

Other than that, music helps me out, as well.
Rosalina
vm | pm
fc | fs
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i listen to music i try to busy my mind with doing something,i sing,i read,i make new stories to write ..i talk to God!

sometimes i talk to someone when i need a heart to listen but tbh this is so rare nowadays
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:49 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
I sing a random song, pat a rabbit and make face's in the mirror! Life is too short to be gloomy! :D
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
Aurora
dead until the 29th

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
If I'm upset at something, I'll vent about it on IRC or speak to somebody close to me (Internet-wise, of course; I can't really trust anybody in real life). It's a tried-and-tested way of dispelling emotion. I don't really get emotional as much as I used to, however, which is good and bad in its own ways.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I usually listen to a few relaxing soundtracks, try and hum a few tunes and probably talk to someone close to me if I feel really down. I also try and do things I enjoy to make myself feel better such as drawing along with letting it all out by expressing it with words on paper. It usually makes me feel a lot better along with playing a few games. :]

it's a matter of time
before we learn to fly
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:01 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I'm listening to soothing music, or watching some inspiring movies. And I also talk to someone close when I'm feeling down.
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:05 AM
Zanark Avalonic
Unsere Rettung

Send a message via Skype™ to Zanark Avalonic
I just do something that takes my mind off it, like watching a series I like or playing some online games. I have depression so I get times when it gets really bad, I usually talk to my mother then.

Schenk mir ein Wunder
Ich wünsch es mir
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:26 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I would go and listen to PonPonPon by Kyary Pampu Pampu, if that no work then I write Talli Tales.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:56 AM
h0tshot1025

Nature: Bashful
If I feel sad, I usually take naps or I sleep for a long time. When I wake up, I feel refreshed and I feel lighter about whatever I am getting sad about
Working on a New Signature
Black FC: 2581-0589-6639 :D
Black 2 FC: 3225-4231-3386

Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:52 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Depends on the situation;

• If its a natural disaster - or some other tragedy on the news (where people loose lives), and I know I can't do much, I will just light a candle and have a couple minutes of silence for the deceased. Get my mind of the saddened event I will watch Pokemon anime, play the games, or take a nap, or take a relaxing hot shower.

• If I feel sad because of missing a concert or sporting event (for example tickets sell out before I can buy some) - I'll just save the cash for next event, not much to do, so I just watch Pokemon anime, play the games, or take a quick nap or take a relaxing hot shower.
• Something similar: saddened if the team I'm cheering for looses the game or tournament, I'll just try and think in my head "there is always next time - no reason to get upset - [team name] will have better luck next time/season/year - I will never stop cheering for you", this kind of loss hurts for a while, but I got to remember its just a game, not to get personal... again to distract my mind I'll watch comedy movies or Pokemon anime.

• If its something more emotional for me (say a family member gets angry at me, or yells at me, even if it wasn't my fault - such as a drunk family member) - I will try not to take it personally, I will just lock the door, and listen to music, or watch Pokemon anime (it's the main thing that takes the sadness away for me), play games (not Pokemon, but board games or card games on my PC), watch a comedy movie.... something to cheer me up, or I will take a shower.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:59 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I just lie down and maybe play music. Otherwise I try wasting my time with video games. I don't try make myself feel better because I prefer thinking about why I'm sad and resolve everything in my head rather than ignore the problem itself.
Paired with gimmiepie.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
i cry a lot lol
i'm not good at dealing with sadness in a healthy way and i end up venting at the people who least deserve it and i feel worse because i feel guilty about it and it just becomes a bad cycle :///
but yeah, if i feel that whatever issue i'm dealing with is going to upset me soon, then i force myself to keep it all together and i put on a tough exterior until it's late at night and i'm alone
and i just let it out i guess lol

sometimes if i'm just feeling really *****y or angry or particularly self loathing then i vent on my personal blog and just let it sit there idk
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:41 AM
Penta Penguin
Penta is here to stay

Normally, I'd usually do things on my computer to take my mind off it, but if it does get a lot worse, then the problem is, I turn to drink... and I know it's not good for my body

Arkanoid
: The lost levels compact - 5% done
~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old June 23rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I wait until I'm home and I cry about it. I do it if I can't actually fix or affect what is making me sad, otherwise I try and turn things around.
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old June 23rd, 2013, 05:46 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
Hmmm how I deal with sadness well I just do what I tell everyone to do. Going for a run or a jog gets you blood pumping and the air rushing through you which is a very good way to clear things up in your mind and allows you to think things through.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I rewatch a few episodes of Joshiraku or I order a pizza. Sometimes I do both. It's hard to be down when watching slapstick anime and eating pizza.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
I probably start off by crying. Then I go and get one or two of my cats and force them to cuddle. Read a book or watch tv. If I still feel sad, I'll hop on tumblr for a few hours. Or the whole day, depending...
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Wallow in my depression. Consider talking to people about it. Then think I'll be crying for attention and forget that. Then just go about life as normal.

Honestly, going to bed helps me the most. When I'm sad, being tired makes it far worse. So I go to sleep, and face the next day with a positive attitude (hopefully).
My FC is 1177-7075-4188
Dunsparce/Audino/Eevee Safari
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
miss A
Day by Day

Nature: Timid
I usually talk to someone in my online group of friends and then cry a little afterwards. I'm very grateful that someone would actually let me vent out my feelings to them. If nobody is online, I usually try and find something to take my mind off of it temporarily.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Cassino
no

I have found YTPs to be the most effective distraction.
I'm not convinced sorrow is really a problem to deal with though; I absorb the experience and try to know myself better for it.
DA | YT | In the navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.

Last edited by Cassino; June 23rd, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
I don't really do much when I'm sad, I just lay there in bed trying to get all my feelings out.

I sometimes text my friend, read a book, watch something funny, and write. Writing has allowed me to express my feelings and it has worked in every way.
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here