The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
First thing I did was build a bench right on the edge of the cliff overlooking the ocean! I was a little annoyed that I couldn't rotate it because there was a great spot where it would have fit vertically but looked weird horizontally. I started/paid off the campsite today, so it'll be up tomorrow, then I'll probably get a bridge because having one bridge is a bit of a pain x.x;

You got the Garden Center cause you watered flowers or pulled weeds or planted trees/flowers at least 30 times. So it's probably related, but not directly related. :P I just got peaches today, so now I'm up to...what, 5 fruits? I'm trying to get the museum shop open too, but I just have to be patient and wait till Redd is in town to buy a painting because I have the fish over half filled and bugs are lots filled and fossils are lots filled but i have no paintings. :(
PM
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

As someone who has owned and played every Animal Crossing game since the original one on the Gamecube, I can definitely say that New Leaf is the best in the series.

As for my town, its called Hell (not after the fiery place, but instead after the Caribbean island of Hell, strange, I know) and as for my fruits, my main fruit is peaches, though I do have a few cherry trees (though none of them have produced anything yet).

Quote:
I'm trying to get the museum shop open too, but I just have to be patient and wait till Redd is in town to buy a painting because I have the fish over half filled and bugs are lots filled and fossils are lots filled but i have no paintings.
I have the same problem. Tons of fish, tons of bugs, tons of fossils, but no paintings.

Also, if anyone wants to exchange friend codes, just pm me.

Old June 17th, 2013, 12:04 PM
simplysam
Unhatched Egg

I have no paintings as well for my museum. Dx Redd is in town today though, so I have to look up a guide that shows me how to tell which paintings are real and which are fake. xD I got my Garden Shop today, though the axe wasn't in stock today.I'm so eager to chop down some of those trees. xD

Also if anyone wants my FC, PM me. :3 I have cherries, and I'm growing coconuts, lychees, bananas, and apples.
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'm trying to fish for Red Snappers, but look; this is my luck in a nutshell:

Ugh. Hopefully I'll make 220K by the end of the day, but... it's not easy. XD

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

I'm having an issue rn where I'm trying to fish for moray eels, which are the same size shadow as sea bass. This means I'm getting inventories full of sea bass with no other money-making fish mixed in there, and I still haven't found my eel. :( I did get up to like 45 fish in my encyclopedia today though!
PM
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:15 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I've had the game for 3 days and I've already got 25 hours of play time. I don't have any paintings either, I guess I just have to wait. PM me if you want to exchange friend codes~
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
Hey guys, if anyone wants to exchange FC's today I'll be around :) Only have cherries so far, and please don't trample my flowers as I don't have paths yet T.T

Old June 18th, 2013, 03:08 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I've hardly had time to really get into my game the last couple of days, but I did finally have a chance to play some of the mini-games on the island, which was fun if not a bit underwhelming. I do finally have 1 painting in my mueseum. I guess I've gotten a bit lucky considering I had no idea that Red could sell you fakes 0_0

I've just tried transplanting some fruit from the islands over onto the mainland to see how/if they grow.

I still need Pears, gave my axe away to a friend who continually was getting unlucky with his shop so my orchard of sorts is getting very crowded very fast.

Also I'm horrible at catching the bugs on the trees. I almost always never see them.

Also my character is tripping like every 5 minutes, I may have given him cancer or something.
Old June 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
IS RESETTI BACK? He's a classic. I hate him, but it couldn't be animal crossing without Resetti.
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Quote:
IS RESETTI BACK? He's a classic. I hate him, but it couldn't be animal crossing without Resetti.
I reset a few times to see if he was in, and apparently he only shows up the first time you reset unless you have the Reset Surveillance Center built.

Last edited by Unknown#; June 19th, 2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:08 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thank you! I shall have that built to see an entertaining, annoying speech.
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher View Post
I've hardly had time to really get into my game the last couple of days, but I did finally have a chance to play some of the mini-games on the island, which was fun if not a bit underwhelming. I do finally have 1 painting in my mueseum. I guess I've gotten a bit lucky considering I had no idea that Red could sell you fakes 0_0
I will be given access to the island tomorrow. :] I'm kinda excited because I heard there's tons of new things on it that you aren't able to get in your own town. How are you liking it so far? Also, I haven't gotten any paintings yet. I guess that'll come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher View Post
Also my character is tripping like every 5 minutes, I may have given him cancer or something.
My character was tripping constantly yesterday. I heard that it was because Katrina (the fortune teller) declared your fortune 'unlucky', therefore causing you to trip continually for a day. Luckily it's only for a day. Supposedly, if you want to stop tripping, you're going to need to locate her in a town where she's in, whether it be yours or someone else's, and obtain the item she tells you to acquire in order to cure the bad luck.
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
My town's name is Westwind and my name is Tanzania. I've got Bianca the snow leopard, Pierce the eagle, Tipper the cow, Ribbot the frog-droid, Hans the gay gorilla, Filbert the lazy squirrel, and Sally the squirrel, I think. I've had it since it was released on the 9th and I've logged about 80 hours or more, I think. Hey, if you want to add me as a friend message me! My 3DS friend code is in my lookup thingy. I REALLY want a Midna's mask, so I'll pay or trade for it.

Overall, the game is slightly disappointing in new content but still incredibly fun and addictive. The multiplayer/online feature is a great touch, I've learned some spotty Japanese! It's a fantastic game, just wish it could be a bit different. Soooo many things are the same...
Old June 19th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I got a Mona Lisa yesterday, so that was fun! Although is there any other way to get paintings other than at Redd's gallery?

And yeah, as above, PM for friend codes and whatnot. I'd love to check out everyone's towns so far. My fruit is cherries, FYI. :D
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:13 AM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Yeah, sometimes, villagers would sell art. I'm not sure if it guarantees authenticity or not, but it was a bit more expensive than usual (I think it was 20% more?). In my case, Blathers accepted it into the museum. ^-^

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old June 19th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
Does anyone know how to catch the balloon that has a gift attached to it? I watched it slowly float from my gasp for 3 minutes.

In my opinion this is the best of the series. I played all of the other ACs and they seemed so dull in comparison. I don't know why, but this version is so much more immersive.

Old June 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You need a slingshot for those balloons.
Old June 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

You can also sometimes get lucky and if it's on the beach and it hasn't risen to the mainland yet you can wait at the edge of the cliff and knock it down with your Bugnet!
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Building the Reset Resotto for my first project. Well, it was the first one on the list, so, why not. n__n

Only about 110k of Bells left to go for my next loan. :)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
:D! I just got this game yesterday! My fruit is apples but I just planted some pears/durians/coconuts so in three days I should have those too. I have to wait for someone to move in before I can do anything mayor-related.

yeah so like everyone else PM/VM for FC.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Got this game a few days back. It's my first time playing AC before, although I've seen someone else play it. I've managed to hit the 100% approval rating today, and will be able to go to the island tomorrow I think as well?

Got pears as my fruit and my second one was a perfect one. :V Also have a Luigi shirt and a fancy moustache to match, along with a pot of pikmin from the fortune cookies.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Can't believe I haven't posted here yet ahh

I am absolutely hooked on this game. There's so much to do. :D I think I've got most of the June exclusive creatures but am still searching for that Char; it spawns around waterfalls so it's pretty tedious to find. Been on an expansion spree as well but lately I've been focusing more on public works projects.. just built a bridge aya!

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:29 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Can't believe I haven't posted here yet ahh

I am absolutely hooked on this game. There's so much to do. :D I think I've got most of the June exclusive creatures but am still searching for that Char; it spawns around waterfalls so it's pretty tedious to find. Been on an expansion spree as well but lately I've been focusing more on public works projects.. just built a bridge aya!
Same here! As for the Char, I found it by luck when I thought it would be cool to say "Hey look at me! I'm fishing at a top of a cliff!" And now I've caught nearly every fish :3

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:52 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I think I've got most of the June exclusive creatures

0_0 I really need to stop flying blind while playing this game, had no idea there was month specific creatures

I finally finished my first public works project, a campsite! People...camp....in...I don't know what I was expecting honestly, but I'm moving on to bigger and better things (a bridge to be precise), after that I'm moving on to a
Spoiler:
Dream Center
. I have no idea what it is, but I'm excited.

Spoiler:
I also managed to have Shrunk show up trying to get his club started, It didn't help that the response "Permission Denied" amused me so much I decided it was to my advantage to use it on him... I also got a shoe shop...because...idk why I'm sure somebody does.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
This is the first game I've actually considered getting a guide for - there is just so much stuff involved and that I don't know about. I really don't want to be missing anything!

I'm really loving it - a bit obsessed actually. Finally got to the Island so making a bit of money for projects is great :)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links