The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2013, 11:08 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
I'd like to add on that only staff can get that kind of thing and any normal members with a special post bit or usertitle was an ex-staff member that got it changed before they left the staff team. This sounded like a run-on sentence.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 21st, 2013, 03:46 PM
Sagiri

Okay, so I'm having a bit of an issue with the tags (such as "spoiler" or "code"). I don't know if it's actually a glitch, or just some oddly acting feature I'm not understanding.

But, I'm trying to post a list, and, when posted or when previewed, it gets split into two separate spoiler tags or two code tags (I've tried both). Does anyone know what is going on?
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:20 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Can you post what you're getting? It'd be a lot easier to help you out (at least for me) if I can see the problem. :3
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Sagiri

Okay, this table is for a post in the ROM Hacking forum, but that's not important, what is important is what it is doing.

I currently have the entire table (from "Camera x-position" to "end") wrapped in one set of code tags. What is does is randomly adds a closing and opening code tag in the middle of the table.

Edit: Since this has apparently resolved itself, I'm just going to delete the table. The contents of it didn't matter anyway.

Last edited by Sagiri; June 21st, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:07 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Wait, is the problem "[0x02029314] Box data" being in between two lines? Or is it that you have an extra code box in the beginning. If it's the latter, it appears to have been put manually. Unless is actually is a glitch.
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:16 PM
Sagiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Wait, is the problem "[0x02029314] Box data" being in between two lines? Or is it that you have an extra code box in the beginning. If it's the latter, it appears to have been put manually. Unless is actually is a glitch.
I've tried it with and without the lines separating them. Both add the second code tag for some reason.

I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked. When I submit the post, there is only one set of code tags.

EDIT: I just tried again on my above post and it worked this time, however I do know for a fact that all of the other 10+ times I tried this, there was only one set. I guess it was some weird temporary glitch.

Last edited by Sagiri; June 21st, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:04 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Well, be sure to let us know if the glitch persists later!
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:29 AM
"NAME"
Unhatched Egg

how long has pokecommunity existed?
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Tsutarja

Quote:
Originally Posted by "NAME" View Post
how long has pokecommunity existed?
An older member (or staff) may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe PC was originally founded in 2002 under a different name, but the current PC was created in 2003.
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM
leoduffy
Unhatched Egg

Hello I'm French and I'm not very good at English. I hope I post my question in the right place. I want to know how to evolve Poliwhirl to Politoed. thank you very much
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Hi there, leoduffy! Welcome to PC!

Your question should actually be posted in any of the Quick Questions and Answers thread found in the section for the game you're playing. The past games (Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) have their own sections listed here. The Fifth Generation (Black/White/Black2/White2) section is found here. So depending on what game you're playing in, you ask in the appropriate section.

This Quick Questions and Answers thread is related only to questions about PokeCommunity the forum. So if you need to know something about the forum, ask here.

To answer your Poliwhirl question, you trade Poliwhirl to another game while it's holding a King's Rock.

Forgot to mention that if you need anyone to trade with you, we have a Trade Corner to help with that.

We have to Mega-move it!

Last edited by Astinus; June 24th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Hey there, just wondering out of curiosity how the natures of users here are assigned. As far as I'm aware, I have a bashful nature. Is that due to the amount of posts or my user statistics or is it just random

Deceased:

Old June 25th, 2013, 07:21 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
Hey there, just wondering out of curiosity how the natures of users here are assigned. As far as I'm aware, I have a bashful nature. Is that due to the amount of posts or my user statistics or is it just random :)
You can set it yourself by editing your profile in the UserCP. :]

Old June 25th, 2013, 07:25 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
You can set it yourself by editing your profile in the UserCP. :]
Ah cool, thank you! Don't think I'm inclined to change it but if I ever do decide to at least I know how! Thanks again!

Deceased:

Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
Quick question...

What mod that still is a mod has been around the longest?
Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
Quick question...

Just saying, but those are questions to be brought up with a h-staff in conversation :p

But I think that would go to Rukario/steve because he owns the place.

Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Antemortem
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
Quick question...

As for as moderators, go, that would be Astinus!

Future questions should probably relate to problems you're experiencing on PC that require someone's aid though, for future reference. 8)
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Just saying, but those are questions to be brought up with a h-staff in conversation :p

But I think that would go to Rukario/steve because he owns the place.
Kwesi is still on staff as an administrator technically, he's just hidden from the staff list. :P So it would be him if you're including hstaff.

Astinus 4 lyfe <3
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
ubermola
He of the Obscure References

I wish to make a "compleated hacks" thread, as the last one is outdated and locked. However, several gen 1 and 2 hacks, such as the skeetendo chiristmass hack, are only avalibile on the skeetendo forums, where it is common practice to post patched roms instead of patches. No patches of many of these hacks exist. However, we appear to have a "no linking to patched roms" forum rule. Are there ways to get around this, or must 20% of hacks recommended in my thread come with a "Google is your friend" message instead of a link? Thanks.
If I am magnetic, then everything is magnetic. I am colder than everything that is colder than everything. I am fourth elector to the high council of the grand panjandrum. Only one of the above statements is false.
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Yeah, we don't allow direct linking to places that have links to or host ROMs because of legal reasons, so that "Google is your friend" message is probably your best bet.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:46 AM
FirEmerald
Pokemon reverse engineer

I am not excactly sure where to post this, but this sounds like a good place to ask:
What is necroposting? My game thread was recently closed b/c of this, and I searched and only came to the conlcusion it is caused because of posting on an old thread. So i have a few questions:
How old does the thread have to be in order to necropost?
is the age of the thread determined by the time since the last post or the last update?
Can I create a new thread to replace the old one?
My deviantart. contains all of my screenshots. EVER.
For your convenience. download my (beta) demo.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
How old does the thread have to be in order to necropost?
Depends on the section. Generally, the cut-off is a month old. Some sections have different rules on this though, so if you're worried, you can check the rules/ask the moderator of the section for clarification. Also, stickied threads are exempt from the necroposting rule, so you can post in a sticky thread no matter the date.

Quote:
is the age of the thread determined by the time since the last post or the last update?
Last post made by any member.

Quote:
Can I create a new thread to replace the old one?
You can. Or you can ask Maruno if he can open your thread so you can post an update in it without needing to create a completely new thread.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Nathan
don't approach
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Is there some option to put another font or another color by default in all the posts I make without having to edit it in every post?
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Tsutarja

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
Is there some option to put another font or another color by default in all the posts I make without having to edit it in every post?
There used to be a long time ago but it was disabled
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:27 PM
ubermola
He of the Obscure References

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
There used to be a long time ago but it was disabled
From what i can tell, this is because people were using colors like light green or bright orange, and using hard to read fonts.Trying to read posts in these colors and fonts gets really annoying really fast.
If I am magnetic, then everything is magnetic. I am colder than everything that is colder than everything. I am fourth elector to the high council of the grand panjandrum. Only one of the above statements is false.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here