The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM
RxErick
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I've recently bought Borderlands 2 for PS3, and I'm just about to play it, but... Before that, does anyone have any tips for me?
Coming from someone who's only beat the game once and hasn't started vault hunter difficulty yet, I think it would depend a lot on your class and your play style. But as with any game it's important to choose a class you intend on having fun with.

Don't spend any of your Golden keys until a higher level imo as the chest rewards are equal to your level at the time. Follow Gearbox Studios on twitter and or follow the Borderlands subreddit as they post key codes at the top of the subreddit when they're updated.

On a seperate note, do any steam players get annoyed that it's not a VAC certified game? I understand the argument that it's not necessarily a competitive game, but I like to know the stuff I've acquired through trade or other means is legitimate just as I do with pokemon.
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Krieg the Psycho is out today!

I'm currently level 2 with him. :)

@OokamiReki: The site with the sale was Gamersgate, but it was a 24 hour deal. I saw the sale on the official Borderlands forum, so I'll let you know if anyone else ever posts some good discounts.

I found two purples in the chest after Captain Flynt today. Yeah, I have noticed that drop rates improved overall. I only found one purple when looting the Leviathan's chest today. Real bummer. I expected a legendary-pearlescent again. :/

@Miss Doronjo: Awesome! Well, as tempting at it is to go Rambo on crowds, it's best to take cover whenever your shield is depleted. I like being a little cautious (I hate dying and losing my monies!). Some of my favorite guns in the beginning were Torgue assault rifles, Maliwan's sub machine gun's, and Vladof pistols (TMP or Anarchist). Of course, try out anything that you find. Try using purple and blue weapons, even if they're like 4 levels under your level. You can use green weapons for like, 3 levels. You're always "growing out" of your weapons, so be sure to update your gear every couple of levels. White weapons have the lowest-rolled stats. Only use white weapons if you don't have a lot of gear. Sell them for quick cash.

Use this website to find all of the golden keys if you don't want to follow the social media necessarily: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golde...st_Shift_Codes

@RxErick: What do you mean by VAC? There's no 100% method of finding out a Pokemon is the real deal. There are ways to weed out the bad hacks, though. This is the guide I sometimes look at to figure out when I have a hacked item. http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=249847

Last edited by Lilith; May 14th, 2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Aurora
Gives me more EDGE

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I started a Gunzerker the other day, just to see if my pre-conceived thoughts held any weight. I didn't disappoint myself, because he's horrible. Sure, there might be more to enjoy when I get him past Level 7, but surely they could have formulated a more imaginative skill than dual-wielding guns? Boring. I'll delete it later; waste of my time.

I've advanced a bit further into the storyline with my TVHM Siren; I've killed Bloodwing, fought my way through the Slab camp, and I'm about to start the Opportunity arc. I've also respecced her! No longer am I under the illusion that healing is better than elemental obliteration; I've been able to cruise through most of the story since investing in Cataclysm. Much easier. To boost my survivability, I'm reinvesting into Harmony. By Level 56, I should have access to Scorn once again.

I've found next to nothing. The most recent Purple I picked up was a Storming Trance, which was a huge help through the Highlands... but not so much in Wildlife Preservation (fortunately, I found one of those Maliwan-barrel Tediore Incendiary SMGs that helped me clear it pretty quickly). I've got a blue Skatergun (which was quickly superceded by a Double Loving Pounder I picked up 10 minutes later) and a few blue Dahl sniper rifles (which just suck). Most of my other stuff is green, but they do their jobs pretty well and I've managed to get by.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

DLC4 news coming tomorrow. :)

@Aurora.: Oh wow, Sal was a letdown, huh... I found him to be very fun and reliable up until level 51. Maybe I've grown accustomed to just using my Siren. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of anything Maliwan. The Trance SMGs really saved my hind many times before. Hope you have better luck, since today, I found 5 legendary items while killing things with Razor Leaf. IT WAS CRAZY!

The 5 are:
Whisky Tango Foxtrot shield
The Cradle shield
Infinity pistol
Hornet pistol
The Cradle shield

My favorite would be the Infinity because of infinite ammo! It's also shock elemental so it owns just about anything!

I've also found two legendaries before while playing with Abnegation.
They are:
Deliverance shotgun
Madhous assault rifle

I love using the Deliverance since mine has fire elemental damage. In the face, skags!
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Aurora
Gives me more EDGE

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
A week or so ago, after a long and tedious half-an-hour battle with the Warrior, I finally conquered True Vault Hunter Mode with my Siren. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of purchasing the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode DLC prior to defeating the Warrior, which means the time I can comfortably spend in TVHM is somewhat limited. At the moment, I'm focusing on finding some decent weaponry and I'm attempting to farm for Legendaries (unfortunately, my patience is quite thin and it's jarring having to kill a boss over and over again before your Legendary is received), but I'm wondering whether that's pointless and if I should just skip straight to UVHM. I hear on the grape vine that it's a torturous gauntlet right from the beginning, however, so I'm torn as to what to do. I'm mulling it over, and my limited patience will probably nudge me into getting destroyed by UVHM's difficulty.

I haven't found anything. Nothing. Not a solitary purple or blue pistol. Everything I kill, even those wretched badasses, is just dropping greens over and over again. While greens are, of course, a big step-up from whites (which are utter trash), I'm starting to get very irritated by my horrible luck. Even the weapons chests are throwing green after green after green at me. Seriously?

In other news, once I get enough Microsoft points, I shall be buying Kreig in due course; he looks like a really interesting and fun character to play with. The fact that he immolates himself for your benefit is enough to pull me in. I'll also get DLC4 when I can; hopefully it's a bit better than the last ones, which were a touch boring.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Krieg the Psycho is out today!
I would love to buy Krieg, but all DLC for me is $6 more than it is in the US :(
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Im getting BL2 for PS3 really soon with my bday closing in (8 days from now) and im way too excited to play it.

I might get confused with classes (idk if there is a class with ammo regen... i love ammo regen since that saves up money) and weapons at first, but it'll be a game i can play for hours long like BL1.

I also found (also with credit to Iloveeevee for raiding the armory and killing Crawmerax together which was a while ago tbh) a pearlescent weapon: ZX100 U Hunter's Jackal. Its a decent weapon (not quite what you would expect from a very rare gun) and i kinda like it too. Still like the Volcano more

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post
Im getting BL2 for PS3 really soon with my bday closing in (8 days from now) and im way too excited to play it.

I might get confused with classes (idk if there is a class with ammo regen... i love ammo regen since that saves up money) and weapons at first, but it'll be a game i can play for hours long like BL1.

I also found (also with credit to Iloveeevee for raiding the armory and killing Crawmerax together which was a while ago tbh) a pearlescent weapon: ZX100 U Hunter's Jackal. Its a decent weapon (not quite what you would expect from a very rare gun) and i kinda like it too. Still like the Volcano more
That pearlescent took forever to find D: Still haven't found another one since, even though I've raided the armory more and killed Crawmerax some. I do have tons of legendaries and the game keeps giving me more. So many legendaries I expect one in every chest and from every badass now lol (which most of the time I do get a legendary from)

I ended up buying BL2 a few weeks ago although I haven't played it much since I've been busy with PC related stuff and I got distracted by Assassin's Creed 2 lol Planning to play it soon since new DLC is being released. The DLC with Tiny Tina looks really awesome and I can't wait to play it :D Then also Krieg looks like loads of fun. The intro vid I saw of it made me want to buy it asap even though I haven't completed my current playthrough with Maya yet D:
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Recently got BL2 on PS3 and im lvl 22-24 with Salvador. So far i've only played on my own (exception of a mere 30 mins with EV) and i havent got anything thats rare but i got some decent weapons atm...

Also i have a gambling problem on that game xD

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:08 AM
DjentlemanJoe
A True Djentleman

I've had this game for like...2 years. Only just bothered playing it. Incredible. Now I need to get #2.

'Zerker, if anybody is wondering

Twitter: @LordJSullivan / @SUNManga
Ask for BBM / Channel pin if you have
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Beated my first playthrough as Salvador (lvl 35 now), spend around 200,000 on the slot machines. The Warrior was pretty easy to beat, unlike The Destroyer.

Also got my first legendary: Infinity. Tho its base damage is quite low, i love that it has endless ammo.

The second playthrough however (or TVHM), is really tough... I already died 10 times just trying to free Hammerlock...

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
I've beaten Ultimate Vault Hunter mode twice now. All I can say is take a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold with you. That gun scales remarkably well compared to everything else until about level 56.

Also, try not to think about your gear too much before you start. The majority of it doesn't keep up very well past 53.

Also, make sure you take advantage of Quest reward weapons. Unlike TVHM you don't need to worry about getting a max level one as you can restart the story at any point in the game.

Last but not least, be prepared to see a drastic change. The enemies will kick your butt if you don't play strategically. Unless you're Gaige because let's be honest. She's easy mode.
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Threshers... I hate them so much... Especially the wormhole ones. They just pop right in front of you and scare the heck outta you... They are quite easy to deal with, but they scare me so much xD

On the other hand Stalkers are quite annoying without a good lvl shock weapon... they keep going invisible

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old June 27th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Ckbruin

Decided to play Borderlands 2 again after 8 months of having it sit on my hard drive...
Just finished beating the BNK-3R and secured the Vault Key.

I had a few hours of fun just messing around with Varkids (only in Normal mode now, so up to 4th stage Varkids only :/) and farming Crystalisks in Caustic Caverns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post
Threshers... I hate them so much... Especially the wormhole ones. They just pop right in front of you and scare the heck outta you... They are quite easy to deal with, but they scare me so much xD

On the other hand Stalkers are quite annoying without a good lvl shock weapon... they keep going invisible
Agreed. Although the Threshers give me more issues than I think they should.
Oh, and I'm playing as the Commando guy (Axton) and I'm at level 28 right now, in case anyone wants to play on Steam.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Libra
Community Supporter

Recently got every single DLC, till i found out i missed Captain Scarlett's DLC >.<

Im also enjoying my playthrough with Krieg, its a really awesome character with some sick skills and abilities. The Flame of the Firehawk is pretty effective with him aswell. Currently lvl 15...

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me

Last edited by Libra; July 4th, 2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Appearantly i dont have The Sham anymore... Shame
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

@Xolace: What system do you play it on?

Yeah, I never really wanted to buy Gaige since her Deathtrap makes the game too easy. I am enjoying Krieg a lot. You know things are intense when you have to sit up in your chair/couch when playing. :D

I just picked up 12 Golden Keys today! Be sure to check this sitefor the latest SHiFT codes

DLC news (source)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorada
Borderlands 2 PAX Panel Info

DLC INFO:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak
  • Level cap pack+ content: adds 11 more levels (will bring level up too 72)
  • $5 price point
  • Coming soon (sometime this fall)
  • Involves Tanis and Lilith.
  • Is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge)
  • Does not require the previous level pack, you'll go to 61 rather than 72.
  • FAQ on the requirements to come soon.

Also Coming Soon (some time this fall)
  • Increased ammo capacity
  • Increased Bank capacity
  • Increased Max Inventory capacity
  • Above increases are Free
  • More character customization Packs coming soon.

Head Hunter Pack T.K. BAHA's BLOODY HARVEST
  • Pricing to be announced later
  • Before Halloween ETA
  • Zombie T.K. Baha
  • Has at least one raid boss, posibly more.
  • W.I.P. so very little info

Other Info Released at Panel
Gearbox Community day will be ONLINE this year September 14th* details may change.
Digital bonuses for those watching, base stream is free, they may have higher teir packs that grant more bonuses
Exclusive heads and skins as part of the bonuses
More info @ Community Day
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Yeah i knew about the new DLC and level cap being introduced, and im really looking forward to this.

Also i tried to defeat the Dragons of Destruction in BL2, but it is just not possible solo... My lvl 57 Gunzerker has way too many useless lvl 50 legendaries (even the Unkempt Harold isnt useful in UVHM).

Im also getting Krieg and Maya to 61, and i enjoy Krieg way too much, althrough some of his skills can be annoying (burning yourself, hurting yourself, etc.)

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Haven't played this game in a long time. One of my friends Glitched my achievements when he was using my computer and made them all unlock... after that didn't really feel like playing but the season pass is on sale ATM on steam and really thinking about picking it up.

Would it be worth it?
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:41 AM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
I've been playing the original Borderlands recently; finally got around to getting the Platinum, and now I'm just cleaning up...I'd like to strangle whoever thought that Moxxi's Underdome and all these collectibles in Claptrap's DLC was a good idea.

I'm looking forward to trying out Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep in the second game, though...I got it with the season pass, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. But she's easily my favourite NPC, and I'm a fan of classic board games, so...win-win combination. xD
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

I love the Tiny Tina DLC, completed it with my Gunzerker and now im playing it as a Psycho.

Also i have some lvl 50 legendaries i dont really use anymore cause of my level so if anyone wants them just message me and ill drop em (only for PS3).

Also im too struggling with the DLC throphies for BL1, they are kinda hard to find.

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
Borderlands 2 for me. I have it on PS3, and my PSN is the same here

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:54 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode... I kinda wanna just stop leveling up my Gunzerker and focus on the others, cause this mode is just insane... Enemies nearly insta-kill you, and most of them are bullet-spongy as heck (took 100 shots with dual Unkempt Harolds + The Bee to kill... one Maurader). Also i might have low level weapons (all lvl 50 legendaries or Seraph weapons and a few lvl 54 SMG's, and im lvl 57).

When i get to Sanctuary i use a few of the gold keys since i need some better firepower for sure.

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Ckbruin

The 2nd UVHM expansion pack sounds a bit too insane for my tastes considering I can barely handle UVHM right now, as it is. I do greatly welcome the soon-to-come increased inventory and bank slots, though.

Finished three DLCs, haven't started on Sir Hammerlock's Hunt yet. Cpt. Scarlett was okay (the Cursed Pirates are just dreadful, though). Torgue's Campaign of Carnage was very entertaining, particularly Mr. Torgue's personality. Tiny Tina's Assault was very sporadic and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

@ShadowExcadrill: I know what you mean...UVHM is indeed hard without on-par equipment (within 3-4 levels of your character). Constructors are my worst nightmare on that difficulty. Especially considering you can't Slag them.
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I finally picked this game up today for PC. It's been out for a while and I know I'm a bit late so some catching up is necessary.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Little update... I made UVHM easy thanks to a Slag Dahl sniper which has over 50% chance of slagging someone. Gunzerking the gun with a Jakobs revolver/minigun gives a lot of damage to anything, as i threw my legendaries away for my other characters or i gave them away, i made room for new stuff... Fortunately i got a Logan's Gun out of Wilhelm which is lvl 57.

Cant wait for the extra inventory and ammo slots, i always am full of loot and i run out of ammo quickly even with the Lucky Hoarder class mod

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here