The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Crashcore
Unhatched Egg

Hey there, so I've got back to competitive battling again, and I've recently created an Ubers team which relies on Drought.

Attack! [Deoxys-Attack] @ Focus Sash
EVS: 136 Atk/120 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
Ability: Pressure
~ Psycho Boost
~ Ice Beam
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Superpower

My awesome lead. Standard mixed Deoxys-A sweeper. This has been a real boon to my
team as it takes out core Pokemon early and gives me an edge during battle.

God [Arceus-Normal] @ Life Orb
EVS: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Multitype
~ Swords Dance
~ Recover/Refresh
~ Shadow Claw
~ ExtremeSpeed

Physical Sweeper. When the right time comes, I try to get a +4 Attack and hit them all out with
stabbed ExtremeSpeeds, which generally take them out. Shadow Claw is reserved for annoying
Pokemon like Giratina and other Ghost Pokemon which are immune to Extremespeed.

Thorns n' Spikes [Ferrothorn] @ Leftovers
EVS: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Iron Barbs
~ Protect
~ Thunder Wave
~ Leech Seed
~ Spikes

Standard Ferrothorn. Protect for scouting, Thunder Wave to cripple swift Pokemon, Leech seed
is there because it is OP, and Spikes, because it's Spikes.

SilverHead [Dialga] @ Leftovers
EVS: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Spe
Nature: Rash
Ability: Pressure
~ Stealth Rock
~ Draco Meteor
~ Dragon Tail
~ Fire Blast

Just a heads up, I will NOT be replacing this pokemon as it has helped me win in the most difficult
of situations and it has been a saviour to my entire team. It has worked out fairly well despite
any odds with my lineup.
Stealth Rock for entry hazards, Draco Meteor for a powerful STAB, Dragon Tail to phaze things out,
and Fire Blast because it's OP in the sun with max Special Attack. This Pokemon serves as a bulky
sweeper and can easily set up Rocks and get off a few good attacks.

Earthquake [Groudon] @ Leftovers
EVS: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Drought
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Fire Punch
~ Thunder Wave

Bulky physical attacker. Physical counterpart to Dialga, except that it carries Thunder Wave.
Fire Punch because it's OP in the sun, Stone Edge to take those pesky Ho-Ohs and
Rayquazas and Earthquake because it's STAB.

Fire Bird [Ho-Oh] @ Life Orb
EVS: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Spe
Nature: Careful
Ability: Regenerator
~ Sacred Fire
~ Roost
~ Earthquake
~ Brave Bird

Sacred Fire because it's awesome, Roost because it serves better than Recover [I.E gets rid of the
Flying type so that less damage from Stone Edge/Thunder/Thunderbolt is taken] Earthquake to
counter steel types like Dialga and Brave Bird cause its STAB and does loads of damage to most
Pokemon out there.

That's that; there's my team. I'm still fairly new to competitive battling, especially Ubers, therefore
constructive criticism would be highly appreciated.

-CrashCore
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
A defensive set + Life Orb set for Ho-oh isn't very good here, as LO recoil wastes away its bulk, even with Regenerator, and especially when combined with a Stealth Rock weakness. A physically defensive spread for Ho-oh is better because its Special Defense is high enough already:
-Sacred Fire
-Brave Bird
-Substitute/Whirlwind
-Roost
Nature: Impish
EVs:248 HP/8 Atk/252 Def
Item: Leftovers

If you want Ho-oh to go offensive, use these, as Life Orb is better with them anyways:
-Sacred Fire
-Brave Bird
-Substitute/Earthquake
-Roost
EVs: 248 HP/176 Atk/84 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Flame Charge/Tailwind
-Sacred Fire
-Brave Bird
-Roost/Earthquake
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Even with Regenerator, Ho-oh is still mauled by Stealth Rock. You're going need a Rapid Spinner on the team, and Excadrill seems like the 'mon to do it. I dunno who to replace for it, though:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Rock Slide/Substitute/Iron Head
EVs: 176 HP/60 Atk/252 SDef/20 Spe
Ability: Mold Breaker

Ferrothorn is Taunt bait as it currently lacks offensive moves:
-Spikes
-Power Whip/Gyro Ball
-Gyro Ball/Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock/Protect/Thunder Wave
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/48 Atk/208 SDef

Edit: I wouldn't recommend splitting Deoxys' offensive EVs, as even minimally-invested ExtremeSpeeds and Superpowers hurt; the EV spread should be 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe.

Arceus needs some Speed so that it can outspeed max Speed base 90s (88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spe).

Last edited by PlatinumDude; June 23rd, 2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Crashcore
Unhatched Egg

Thanks PlatinumDude. You're always of so much help. :')
I think I'll be replacing Arceus with Rapid Spin Excadrill. And surely I'll be changing my Ho-Oh into a more defensive Pokemon.
I think I'll go with Gyro Ball though 'cause potentially it seems to dish out more damage after testing out a bit.
Thanks again man.
P.S If you have any suggestion for a defensive Groudon set that goes in sync with this team, post here thanks. :')
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashcore View Post
Thanks PlatinumDude. You're always of so much help. :')
I think I'll be replacing Arceus with Rapid Spin Excadrill. And surely I'll be changing my Ho-Oh into a more defensive Pokemon.
I think I'll go with Gyro Ball though 'cause potentially it seems to dish out more damage after testing out a bit.
Thanks again man.
P.S If you have any suggestion for a defensive Groudon set that goes in sync with this team, post here thanks. :')
Here's a defensive Groudon set for you:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Fire Blast/Lava Plume
-Dragon Tail/Thunder Wave/Toxic
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links