Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 24th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
C'mere, brat

Nature: Brave

Oh my gosh guys. I got a girlfriend :o

On the other hand GreatTornado I think that the worst thing someone can do is sit and wonder what would have happened. I did that for a long time "will she like me back?" and it was horrible. I ended up telling her I liked her and she screwed me over but I think it is much better than having to sit and wonder what would have happened.

I think it would be best if you eventually told him about the crush. Don't overthink it or get too nervous, but do think about what is best.

I would hang out with him first honestly. Just to get a feel for what he is, you know?

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 25th, 2013 (12:58 AM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Insomniac:
Oh my gosh guys. I got a girlfriend :o

Whoa, whoa, just whoaaa.

Why aren't you telling us more about the very nice lady friend of yours?

That just isn't fair, Insomniac, and you know it. Spill the beans! All of them! The whole can! beans come in a can right?

Old June 25th, 2013 (1:51 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant

Some do, like baked beans. They're so delicious. Green beans, on the other hand, are devil food and must be destroyed.

Back on topic, I'm so happy for you GreatTornado. You're taking this step so young, it's fantastic to see. It took me til I was 22 years old to come out to my family and even then they found out through circumstances beyond my control.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old June 25th, 2013 (2:46 AM). Edited June 25th, 2013 by Phantom.
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
Some do, like baked beans. They're so delicious. Green beans, on the other hand, are devil food and must be destroyed.

Back on topic, I'm so happy for you GreatTornado. You're taking this step so young, it's fantastic to see. It took me til I was 22 years old to come out to my family and even then they found out through circumstances beyond my control.

RIGHT. Those were the beans I was thinking about. Mmmm, beans. Now I'm hungry.

So, spill the assorted beans Insomniac. Andy will just have to pick through any green ones.

I'm waiting.

And yeah, good on you GreatTornado. I'm going on 23 here and I still haven't completely come out of the closet; family-wise at least. What can I say? Narnia is fraking awesome. I mean there are little goat leg people here, centaurs, and a really fluffy ass lion. He's fluffy. Fluffy. You find something better than a big, poofy, cuddly, lion that doesn't eat people.

On a side note, Pride is this week. Should be funfun. I'm being forced to go by my friend because, according to him, I am starving the local lesbian population by not making myself more readily available. I just think it's because I'm the only person he can bully into watching the drag show.

Old June 25th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
C'mere, brat

Quote originally posted by PhantomX0990:
Whoa, whoa, just whoaaa.

Why aren't you telling us more about the very nice lady friend of yours?

That just isn't fair, Insomniac, and you know it. Spill the beans! All of them! The whole can! beans come in a can right?

Okay fine, you guys can have some beans.

She lives in Minnesota (I told myself I wouldn't have a LDR again but god she's amazing) and she is a biracial girl. She is gorrrgeeoousss.

That's all the beans y'aller gonna get!

Also I didn't know GreatTornado was planning on coming out soon.. I'm jealous! Good for you if you do end up taking that big step

Old June 25th, 2013 (1:20 PM).
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly

Thanks for all the support everyone
I thought most people came out at at ages 14-18 I've heard of late bloomers but I didn't think that there were so many of them o.o

I've got a mini update (Yay). I asked the friend I'm out to if my crush has kik and she gave me his kik name so now I have added him. I said hi but he hasn't replied yet :/ I also sent him an email earlier that day asking if he had kik or Facebook or something like that because the holidays are coming up and I want to keep in touch with him. I hope I don't sound creepy or anything...

That's about it. Hopefully I can get a conversation going on kik.

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old June 25th, 2013 (6:52 PM).

Nature: Calm

The age at which someone comes out is really variable and depends on so many factors, I don't know if there's really an average age. I didn't know or hear of many people coming out before they were at least 18, probably partly because my high school was not the most gay-friendly school in the world - superficially, the school appeared accepting, but there were so many people who would casually use "gay" as an insult for every little thing (e.g., "I can't believe we have to write an essay, this is so gay"), that I think it made people feel it was an unsafe place to talk about it. (My sister is now going to the same school. She says things have improved a lot in that department.)

For me (and a lot of other aces) I didn't even have a word to describe what I am until I was about 20. I just assumed I was straight (and a really late bloomer) for a long time. I'm 22 now, and I've come out to my friends, but I still haven't come out to my family, because I just don't know how to bring it up.

It's great that you've figured this out at your age though, and have the courage to come out. I wish I could go back to my 13-year-old self when so many of my friends started dating and explain to her why I didn't feel the same way. It would have saved me so much confusion.

Old June 25th, 2013 (9:54 PM).
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly

Well schools ended but nothing happened much. Me and my crush talked a bit but yeah.

Off-topic: Also, I have a really red pimple on my neck (ACNE D: ) and a little kid came up to me and asked if I was a vampire. I said yes and showed him my sharp teeth and he ran away xD I think I ruined his childhood or something XD

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old June 25th, 2013 (11:41 PM).
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed

Man, my gf is too cute, and she doesn't even believe it :P
I keep wanting to drop hints to my mom like, hey, y'know, she's my girlfriend...but for some reason I keep getting interrupted by other people/things (i'm on vacation lol) and I can never bring the subject back around =__= Long-distance is still annoying, especially when she's way too shy to want to cam with me, and if I can manage to convince her to do it, she gets red and doesn't stay very long. Sweet girl. I might start saving up so I can try to go visit her next summer. I hope I'll be able to :D

Old June 26th, 2013 (6:54 PM).
C'mere, brat

Quote originally posted by GreatTornado:
Well schools ended but nothing happened much. Me and my crush talked a bit but yeah.

Off-topic: Also, I have a really red pimple on my neck (ACNE D: ) and a little kid came up to me and asked if I was a vampire. I said yes and showed him my sharp teeth and he ran away xD I think I ruined his childhood or something XD

I think that's hilarious :D

Also it might be slow talking to your crush for a while, but my tip of advice is to not contact him too often. It might give off a creepy vibe if you're trying to contact him on kik every other day.

I suggest getting him to warm up to you, and waiting for him to contact you. If he doesn't wait a day or two and say hey or what's up.

I learned this the hard way. :\ I kept texting my crush like every day and she got all weirded out.

Old June 27th, 2013 (6:46 AM).
✿♥✿
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle

Same-sex marriage is now legal in California! Plenty however don't seem too happy about it. I'd truly like to see this become permanent so here's to the future!

Old June 27th, 2013 (11:56 AM).
C'mere, brat

Quote originally posted by Xolace:
Same-sex marriage is now legal in California! Plenty however don't seem too happy about it. I'd truly like to see this become permanent so here's to the future! :)

I think it's weird that I'm gay myself but I don't really.. I don't feel affected by this at all. When I heard about it I kind of shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

I know it IS in fact a huge deal though and I'm glad it's finally legal :)

Old June 27th, 2013 (1:59 PM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped

It's a huge win for the LGBT community. It was funny seeing all the bigots come out of hiding yesterday on social networks, though it's kinda sad to see all of the nasty things people decide to say behind the safety of their keyboards and computers. Nevertheless, it's kind of expected that Bible-thumpers would be out and about after being hit with a new dose of reality. What I don't understand is why people think gays marrying will affect them in any way? Why do people criticize something they don't even understand? The effort some people put into advocating for DOMA and Prop 8 was beyond bizarre to me.

Old June 27th, 2013 (2:52 PM).
Done after the GT.

It is really good news to hear. Hopefully it can get legalised in other states too - it's another step for the LGBT community.

Old June 27th, 2013 (5:49 PM).
Blue Neighbourhood

I am so happy that DOMA has been shot down by the Supreme Court. The victory is small, but I'll take it and hope for more victories to come.

Old June 27th, 2013 (6:29 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed

Quote originally posted by Insomniac:
I think it's weird that I'm gay myself but I don't really.. I don't feel affected by this at all. When I heard about it I kind of shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

I know it IS in fact a huge deal though and I'm glad it's finally legal

I'm not gay but I totally feel you. Didn't we all know it was gonna happen anyways? I think when you are spoiled by inevitability nothing is exciting anymore.

Old June 27th, 2013 (6:42 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish

I'm sorry to come butting in here, but I need to talk about some problems I've been having.

I wanted to explain to everyone that I had no problem with the repeal of DOMA, and why I wanted it to be that way, even though my beliefs seem to contradict those others with my religion.

But I've been getting nothing but hate and "he's right to blindly hate religious people you know" and no understanding.

What am I doing wrong? I can't bear to read some of these member's hateful posts, yet I power through to try to understand their view, and I reply to let them know that I do not support Prop 8, etc either. Yet some of these people come back and accuse me of being hateful…

I'm sorry. But is this a gay people thing, to hate on religious people blindly? Because if that's how it is, I then revoke my support of gay marriage. If you won't treat everyone with equality, then you don't deserve equality.

Old June 27th, 2013 (6:46 PM).
Blue Neighbourhood

Quote originally posted by droomph:
I'm sorry to come butting in here, but I need to talk about some problems I've been having.

I wanted to explain to everyone that I had no problem with the repeal of DOMA, and why I wanted it to be that way, even though my beliefs seem to contradict those others with my religion.

But I've been getting nothing but hate and "he's right to blindly hate religious people you know" and no understanding.

What am I doing wrong? I can't bear to read some of these member's hateful posts, yet I power through to try to understand their view, and I reply to let them know that I do not support Prop 8, etc either. Yet some of these people come back and accuse me of being hateful…

I'm sorry. But is this a gay people thing, to hate on religious people blindly? Because if that's how it is, I then revoke my support of gay marriage. If you won't treat everyone with equality, then you don't deserve equality.

Is it a religious people thing to use the bible as an excuse to bash and harass many of us for centuries? I understand that there are other Christian sects that have adapted themselves to be gay friendly, but many of Christian sects have condemned us.

Old June 27th, 2013 (6:51 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by First Snow:
Is it a religious people thing to use the bible as an excuse to bash and harass many of us for centuries? I understand that there are other Christian sects that have adapted themselves to be gay friendly, but many of Christian sects have condemned us.
This is what I am talking about.

Who cares about that? Who needs to know? The important thing is to understand that those people are wrong, and those people are to be ignored.

Old June 27th, 2013 (7:03 PM).
Blue Neighbourhood

This is what I am talking about.

Who cares about that? Who needs to know? The important thing is to understand that those people are wrong, and those people are to be ignored.

The problem with that it is nearly impossible to ignore. We've face damnation, scorn, hate, and injustice for centuries and these stem from interpretations from the bible. We aren't saying that Jesus Christ condemned gays, however; many translations/interpretations/publications of his words and beliefs have and they have made a lasting impression in our society.

Do you expect us to drop our distaste with the bible? Especially when it has been used for decades now to support political and legal decisions in matters that aren't about gay rights as well? Did you know, that the bible has been cited as an excuse for gay bashing? For torment? For violence? It's not easy for us to drop everything we went through to just forgive the a book is a medium for hate.

Old June 27th, 2013 (7:08 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

The problem with that it is nearly impossible to ignore. We've face damnation, scorn, hate, and injustice for centuries and these stem from interpretations from the bible. We aren't saying that Jesus Christ condemned gays, however; many translations/interpretations/publications of his words and beliefs have and they have made a lasting impression in our society.

Do you expect us to drop our distaste with the bible? Especially when it has been used for decades now to support political and legal decisions in matters that aren't about gay rights as well? Did you know, that the bible has been cited as an excuse for gay bashing? For torment? For violence? It's not easy for us to drop everything we went through to just forgive the a book is a medium for hate.

But distaste doesn't mean free reign of ignorance.

I don't find your guys' posts harassing me enjoyable to read, but I still try to reply logically and foster some discussion. I even revise my arguments and counterarguments so that they reflect my understanding of your position better, often four or five times.

But guess what? I'm not suddenly considering your posts to be complimentary of me. They still are incredibly rude imo, but I still replied and thought about my position and why it might be wrong and how your position may be right.

Distaste≠ignorance.

Old June 27th, 2013 (7:16 PM). Edited June 27th, 2013 by Heaven.
Blue Neighbourhood

But distaste doesn't mean free reign of ignorance.

I don't find your guys' posts harassing me enjoyable to read, but I still try to reply logically and foster some discussion. I even revise my arguments and counterarguments so that they reflect my understanding of your position better, often four or five times.

But guess what? I'm not suddenly considering your posts to be complimentary of me. They still are incredibly rude imo, but I still replied and thought about my position and why it might be wrong and how your position may be right.

Distaste≠ignorance.

I'm sorry that you don't like how I break down your posts. As you can tell, I have zero respect for the bible. Just because I don't support the bible and its teachings, doesn't mean I don't support people who align themselves with it. As long as they don't use it as an excuse to hate and bash others then I am fine.

You think I was harassing you? Sure, the tone may have been rude, but I wasn't harassing you. I was stating the facts. Now I am going to harass you a bit. Do you think that you have the right to talk to us about ignorance? After all the scorn and hate we've been through? Do you really think we are the only ones at fault? Because it seems like that's the way you think. Before you butt your head in on the matter of how ALL gay people are ignorant, you should brush up on your history and maybe watch or read the news.

I find it really sad, that your ignorance has ignited anger from me. You have made the the angriest I have ever been on someone on the internet. And the thought alone depresses me.

Old June 27th, 2013 (7:28 PM).

Nature: Calm

Whoa, wait, wow, what's going on? Where did all this come from? *confused* I feel like I missed something pretty major here, haha...

Old June 27th, 2013 (7:32 PM).
Blue Neighbourhood

Quote originally posted by Inkblots:
Whoa, wait, wow, what's going on? Where did all this come from? *confused* I feel like I missed something pretty major here, haha...

It's okay. Just rage fest.

Old June 27th, 2013 (7:45 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

You think I was harassing you? Sure, the tone may have been rude, but I wasn't harassing you. I was stating the facts. Now I am going to harass you a bit. Do you think that you have the right to talk to us about ignorance? After all the scorn and hate we've been through? Do you really think we are the only ones at fault? Because it seems like that's the way you think. Before you butt your head in on the matter of how ALL gay people are ignorant, you should brush up on your history and maybe watch or read the news.
I would think otherwise.

What have I been saying? I feel like I have been disrespected for trying to respect you. I say that I try to understand all of you. My expectations were not met, and they were simple. Mutual understanding. It seems like you want none of that, and thus I will have none of your "equality" bs if that's how we're rolling.

I have the right to talk about ignorance.

Just because of Hitler, do Germans not have the right to speak out against genocide?

Just because of John Wayne Gacy, do Iowans not have the right to speak out against murders?

No. They do have the right, the same rights as everyone else.

And just because of the Westboro Baptist Church and such, do Christians not have the right to speak out against ignorance?

And did I say all you gay people are bigots? And did I say that all gay people are ignorant? I didn't. I only said that, in my experience, I have seen many people, mostly gay people, reject my attempts to explain to them that Christians are not allowed to discriminate.

No. I simply said that whenever I have tried in the past. Maybe there will be one or more in the future that do accept my views, and I am sure that there is one. Maybe you can become the first one. Maybe it's somebody else. But I am sure there is at least one. Your hate on me is Sodom and Gomorrah, and there will be somebody (or multiple somebodies) that is Lot and his family.

I am beginning to think you are simply trying to find excuses to take out your prejudice on Christians. Read through and think it through. Maybe you are the prejudiced one. Maybe you discriminate against people. But maybe you aren't. But keep in mind, you could be. Never forget that possibility.

All human beings are capable of prejudice. Just because you are gay doesn't exempt you from that rule. In fact, because you're fighting for your equality at this moment, you are more subscribed to this rule than the average person.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links