The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
I rarely have a case of the blues but when I do, these four points I resort to do the trick to turn my mood around:

- Listening to music and lying down as it helps relax your mood (depending on the genre).
- Exercising if I haven't already done so during the day. Physical activity is known to combat negative moods.
- Eating Chocolate is another cure for sadness! It contains an amino acid which mimics the effects of a certain hormone in your body which makes you feel 'good'. That being said, don't over indulge.
- Video games, movies and other general entertainment may serve as an effective distraction from a negative mood.
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Sometimes I take a nap and try to relax or think of something else. Sometimes if the weather is nice I go out for a walk, excercise is good for you and fresh air lifts my mood. Sometimes if Im really upset drinking a glass of cold water helps(dunno why, but it does)
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:41 AM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

I find that whenever I am sad or upset, I listen to music and I feel better. It lifts my spirits, especially playing upbeat music. It makes me forget about whatever I am sad about and makes me feel pretty good. I also sometimes play video games to help take my mind off things, but I find music works better!

Old June 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I usually just listen to music or play skyrim. Or sob for hours. :\ I can't manage sadness well.
Old June 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Sylphiel

Nature: Quirky
I tend to just sit there and...mope, I guess. I'll just sit there and try to let it pass while I distract myself by listening to music or watching something. Usually listening to music helps, as I can just drown out my thoughts with it. If that doesn't help, then I'll lie down and possibly nap, since I know some times a bad mood of mine comes around because I'm a bit more tired than I feel like I am.

And if nothing of that helps to dispel it...I smile. I'll often forget to try that until I've been moping around for a while, but after I read a blurb about how just smiling might actually help get rid of bad moods, I've tried it at times. It seems to help a bit.

And if that doesn't work...well. Guess it's time to just wait for the mood to pass.
Old June 24th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
I listen to music, work out, or do a ton of creative things until I feel decent again.
Old June 24th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
I deal with sadness by talking to someone I'm close to and/or immersing myself in some fun activity. I'll go play a video game, watch a funny video on the internet, listen to my music, or something. Bonus points if it blocks out the source of my sadness. Despite all my efforts of cheering up or waiting until things blow over, I may just end up crying anyways. A good cry leaves me feeling more relieved.
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid
I just wait it out; time is the healer of all wounds for me in this case. Trying to get my mind off of it only makes it worse.

Old June 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Nature: Quiet
I just put on a podcast in the background and play a random shooter whenever I feel like a sadsack now. I used to talk to others close to me on what I would be feeling but I ended up becoming pretty reserved about my emotions as the years flew by so no I'm not one to open up easily.
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I was pretty damn sad two days ago, on the last day of school. I had to say goodbye to a few friends, some possibly forever. I was fine until my friend Nazifa, a close friend who I really really really love. And when I saw her, I realized that this would most likely be the last time we ever managed to see each other, and that really got to me. We hugged and after me giving a few words to her ear "Always be amazing and never ever give up" I kissed her and watched her walk away. And then I started crying.

That's basically my answer. If it's something as emotional as that, I cry. I don't have shame in saying that at all. Sure, I started crying in the corner and my friend sorta had to put her arm around me and cheer me up. But it does help. After that, I simply recall all the good times and hope for everything it's worth that I see her in the future.

For less monumental moments, I just listen to music or lay in bed staring at the ceiling.
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Watching TV comedy and binging on deliciously bad for you food. Currently my go-tos of choice are Bob's Burgers and large Domino's pizza. Oh, and I like to spend money when I'm sad... don't care what on, but the feeling of spending just makes me feel better for some reason.
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Sadness goes away with time, I find. For me, I don't have to do anything special to get happy. Give me a few minutes, and I'll usually be pretty normal. I don't have way of dealing with sadness that's unique or special, and I don't really think you (generally speaking) need one, unless you have unique circumstances.
Old July 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
For me I just like to talk it out with someone. I don't mind sharing my troubles with others and just having someone listen to me when I am sad cheers me up more than anything.

Old July 14th, 2013, 10:35 PM
ElectaTHUGG

Nature: Lax
alcohol n weed (is that inappropriate? smh)

or makin money

or workin out

hard to be sad countin money
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I tend to express my feelings to other people. Sharing my thoughts always makes me feel better, you know? Sometimes, if it's really personal and I don't want anyone knowing about it, I keep it to myself and find some alternative way to cheer myself up. I might read a book, watch a sitcom, go to YouTube, or play games.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old July 15th, 2013, 02:09 PM
MisterCotton

Send a message via Skype™ to MisterCotton
When depression develops in me, the first I do is video games, comedy, or rest. Usually rest works well because it provides moments of silence and peace.

Old July 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

When I'm feeling depress, I create an idea in my mind involving me killing the person who made me depressed in the first place, then end my own life after that with no remorse. But I never want to do such a thing irl, so what I do is moan about how I'm a monster and how I'm a mistake and don't deserve to exist in hopes of someone agreeing with me to make my life feel more miserable than it's suppose to be.
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

I try to veg and and relax. Going outside for a swim or a walk tends to work, too, as long as someone else is partaking with me. If I'm stuck by myself I tend to become even more depressed lol
My Trade Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:51 PM
N
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Ahahahah.. >___> The norm is to sorta go with it, and listen to music, vent to people, etc. Though, I have this bad habit of not talking to anyone at all, all day, if I'm sad or too stressed. I do the wrong thing, and sorta close myself off. I'm self aware, so sometimes I'll make myself post on forums, or listen to music, but I will literally just kind of shut down until it fades. When I do talk to people, I tend to not reply much.

Normally I do what I can to keep myself up beat, so that I avoid all that. -w-

alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I will just get in my truck and drive for a few hours and think about why am I feeling sorry for myself, my life, and my accomplishments. I stay out until I realize that I don't have anything to be sad about and that alot of people are going through alot tougher things than I am.
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I head straight to YouTube, and just watch my favourite subscriptions; by the time I'm done, I'm laughing, or just feeling very happy.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
It's pretty rare for me to be sad, but I can deal with sadness in varying ways.. if it's a very emotional moment for me I will break out into tears.. and usually if it's just normal sadness for me I will try listening to my favorite songs on either Youtube or Grooveshark if necessary, and talk with others to make me feel comfortable.
Fairy
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Libra
We sustain the Epsilon.

Well since this has happened recently to me... I have a lot of things i do to drive sadness away. First of all i would drink loads of hot chocolate, then listen to loads of music, play some video games and watch some Youtube. And before i know it, the sadness is off my mind... Though it isnt always effective

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Chaval
My impediment is no hindrance.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaval
Meh, I just listen to music, read a book, hang out with friends, play videogames, whatever comes up
Old July 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Krazzikk

I listen to music and find a friend to talk to. I don't hold back the natural tendency to cry as it's an effective way to vent negative emotions, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I also sometimes find myself googling kittens, and I even remember feeling better after watching Nyan Cat o.o

I'm weird, don't judge me >,>

Sponsored Links