Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
ShiningLust
Gym Leader of Ground Oden

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
i gotta question about Black 2 and White 2 whats the difference between Black and White can anyone tell me the difference

Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
Pokemon White 2
Trainer Name: Oden
Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
3DS Friend Name: Oden
3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:31 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Black is more futuristic. White is more prehistoric. There are also version exclusives but thats normal.
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I like White 2s zone differences a lot more, but Black 2 has my main save file. At least I can send over White Forest- it's really pretty. °3° Opelucid City also looks a lot nicer, but Route 4 is pretty much a draw to me. I also think White 2 has better exclusives, and a nicer looking battle UI (I wish you could swap UI colors with a key!).

Edit: almost forgot! Reversal Mountain is also a draw for me, they both look nice, but the Black 2 version has much better background music IMO.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud

Last edited by Keiran; June 23rd, 2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:45 AM
ShiningLust
Gym Leader of Ground Oden

so idk if i should get it right now or wait for X and Y idk what u think

Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
Pokemon White 2
Trainer Name: Oden
Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
3DS Friend Name: Oden
3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
White 2 because of Liligant. <3
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningLust View Post
so idk if i should get it right now or wait for X and Y idk what u think
I think it depends on you. If your interested in seeing what happens two years from B/w then get it otherwise you can wait but its a different storyline
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Splintey
Banned

Braviary is a beast so White 2
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

I didn't get White 2, but I played a bit of my friend's White 2. I like Black 2 better.
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Depends on which version-exclusive Pokemon you want to play. I shouldn't have got White 2 because I prefer to play Zekrom rather than Reshiram. The powerful Garchomp and Prankster Whimsicott are in Black 2 as well, making Black 2 my preferred option.
Quote:
Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
PokeChris123
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I would say White 2 because what I've experienced and what I've seen based on differences and exclusives between this and Black 2.
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Flying

Message me if you've added me.
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:55 AM
AmourPearlShipper
Caution: Drunken people crossing

Black 2 because Kyurem-B is much cooler than Kyurem-W, who is Uberz.
Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice.
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | Infernape in Ubers (peaked at #35!)
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Arlo

White 2.

I never use legendaries, so I don't even know which is which. But of the rest of the version exclusives, the only ones I prefer in Black 2 are Heracross and Lopunny, while White 2 has Braviary, Camerupt, Reuniclus and Lilligant. And I prefer both old Opelucid City and White Treehollow.
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:12 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I got Black 2 to follow with my Black version, but also because:

- Black Kyurem... Who cares what Smogon says, Black Kyurem is boss.
- Exclusives. I believe Magby and Heracross are exclusives. Heracross not so much since you can find it in the Hidden Grotto in White 2, but the possibility of finding Heracross in the grass appeals to me. Also Latios and Gible. The only good things White has are Reuniclus and Braviary, and I only really care about Braviary. Not going to get White because of one Pokémon that isn't even a legendary.
- I think Black versions are the true canon of 5th gen.
- The developmental look of Black versions appeals more to me, although the White Opelucid City looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
White 2.

I never use legendaries, so I don't even know which is which. But of the rest of the version exclusives, the only ones I prefer in Black 2 are Heracross and Lopunny, while White 2 has Braviary, Camerupt, Reuniclus and Lilligant. And I prefer both old Opelucid City and White Treehollow.
Lilligant and Heracross aren't exclusives.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Cerberus87; July 31st, 2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:06 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

White 2 for me because it is the only one I have played so far! White was my other game and I wanted to do a perfect continuation of it. I do plan to play Black 2 soon though so maybe my opinion will change after I do so!

"By force of will!"
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
White 2 for me, though I wish some of the exclusive Pokemon could have been swapped. :c
Other than that, I love how homely it is compared to the differences in Black 2, with its old stone buildings in Opelucid, and giant towering trees in White Forest. <333
I played White 1 and then Black 2, just so I could enjoy the feel of different exclusive pokemon and a technology instead of nature.

The fact that I like the color combination of black-blue more than white-red is the biggest reason why I like Black 2 more. Superficial, right?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:59 AM
pridekitty
A Kitty

Nature: Quiet
Black 2 because Opelucid City looks cooler and you can turn Black City into White Forest with a key. If that wasn't a key, then I would prefer White 2.

My Shinies:
Quagsire M (Whoopie)
Corsola F (Coral)
Clauncher M (Dr. Zoidberg)
Yanma M (Blue Buzz)
Magikarp F (Goldy)
Goldeen M (Neptune)
Poliwhirl F (Polly)

Yes, I am aware that five of them are fishing shinies and that all of them have stupid nicknames.
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
Well, this is tough since I bought both ... Since I had Pokémon White the first time around, I think W2 would be my favourite since the storylines kind of 'connect' (the Legendary Pokémon in the first and second version are different, but White and Black 2 don't connect as they have the same Legendary).

23 days until~
Old August 31st, 2013, 05:08 PM
Leafblast

Black 2, because I really like Black Kyurem over White Kyurem.

Credit to Wolfprince.
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:12 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
I would definitely prefer white 2 because you get reshiram which is way better than zekrom according to me because resgiram is a fire and dragon type so it's weaknesses will be: ground,rock,dragon whereas zekrom's weakeness will be: ground,dragon and ice and sice ice types are widely used and rock types barely I think reshiram is a better choice.

Aslo white kyurem looks smashing and it has a high sp attack compared black kyurem which has a high attack sta and well.... I prefer sp attack
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide. Don\'t put two banners next to each other.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I had to go with Pokémon Black 2, because I've always wanted to get my hands on Black Kyurem. White Kyurem is nice, but I just like the black version a little more. The game had access to a lot of my favorite Pokémon, too, including Cottonee, Whimsicott, Bonsly, Heracross, and Lopunny. Plus, Opelucid City looked a lot modern in this game, which I really liked!
for all distractions.
Old September 28th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Tombo

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
I wanted Reshiram but I got Black 2. I got White and didn't get a Reshiram so I decided to check out Black 2 and still DIDN'T get a Reshiram! For X and Y, I have looked at the version exclusives and picked Y :D
I whip my Chu back n forth!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!

It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Juxapose

I like both versions equally. But if I ha no choice but to choose, I would go for Black 2. only because Black 2 is the main game that I play in Metagame. White 2 I use to store my Pokemon I don't use to play Metagame.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here