The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old June 22nd, 2013 (06:03 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Hey, where are all the other trainers? Like 4 of the people on the front page have never posted and another hasn't posted in very long. Maybe it's time to re-open some spots.
Old June 22nd, 2013 (07:34 PM). Edited June 22nd, 2013 by ORegan.
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I agree, maybe send them a message if they've been online recently to see if they're still active? EDIT: It seems like three or four of the RPers have been inactive since May. Midnight Umbreon and Kanea are the only two regularly active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson0191 View Post
haha, I feel like a right noob, my first starter was mudkip because I didn't play the leaf green and fire red games until a year after they were released in the uk - But I know plenty of people with the starter of chimchar/tepig - haha. The next generation of people, eh?
Don't feel bad, my sister's starter was a Pikachu, and by the time she got it, all of my team was horribly overpowered for her to knock out even my weakest....Missingo glitch ftw.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (01:44 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
I honestly have nothing to write about in this rp till the trainers get to azelea town, so I'm going to be inactive for a little bit. I might still post here though!
Old June 25th, 2013 (05:43 AM).
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Friday came, and went ... Still no post.
The following Tuesday a new post, FINALLY.

It took me so long to write that post. It took 5 separate writing occasions to put together the post that went up this morning. I just hope things are winding down for chapter one. I foresee one more post from myself at least before I reach Cherrygrove City. Excitement is rising.

Anyone notice Bleacher has been M.I.A. since June 9th? or something like that.. I hope everything is okay.

@ORegan I'm not sure if there's any specific rule to learning TM's, but the rule on items is you can find, receive, or steal anything as long as it makes sense to the story.

I think my first starter may have been Squirtle? Bulbasaur is still #1 & If you know nothing about Pokemon, you know 3 things indefinitely; Ash Ketchum, Pikachu & the 3 Kanto Starters.

& About your standup it sounds raunchy. That's my kind of comedy

@Crimson0191 That makes me feel so old. I was in the middle of high school when D/P/P came out. The generation gap is crazy though. I'm sure I was in early middle school when R/S/E came out, and I was YOUNG then.

I don't know if not having trainers around is reason enough to go inactive. Especially if you have the freedom to travel develop your character, or build up some sub-plots until we catch you to your excellence.

@Geras32 & Good question buddy. I was beginning to wonder the same thing myself.
Old June 26th, 2013 (04:14 AM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
Sorry about not being active I'll post this Friday or Saturday. I was busy with my other Rps.
Old June 26th, 2013 (05:54 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

@helloasha - good point, however scott's mission is to hold up the trainers, and I only just realised azalea is the home to the second gym, so I'll probablies post around that
Old June 27th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson0191 View Post
@helloasha - good point, however scott's mission is to hold up the trainers, and I only just realised azalea is the home to the second gym, so I'll probablies post around that
@Crimson0191 You could set up some sort of diversion on Route 30, or in Violet city. I don't see any reason for you to be excluded in the fun. The RP feels like it's moving slow as molasses already. Having no posts from you for another 3-4* chapters would make things even worse.

Let's talk about something else for a bit!

The questions seemed to work last time, and now I'm getting curious again, so feel free to answer these as you wish.
1. What is one thing you like about yourself that other people might not like about you?
2. If you could be any Pokemon which Pokemon would you be, and why?
3. This one is special Tell us 3 things about your character that don't meet the eye. (Two of them have to be true, one of them must be a lie. Try hard not to make it obvious ... This would be a cool way to add more depth to your character, and start a fun conversation about all of our characters)

I will answer my own questions, and make my picks for your answers to #3 next time I post.

Until then, stay safe and enjoy your summer.
Old June 27th, 2013 (01:28 PM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

1. What is one thing you like about yourself that other people might not like about you?
I like how I am able to see the inside personality of people, what's the word, perseptive. I am very perseptive in some ways, and have ben told that many time. I think people often don't like me because of many reasons. the first being I'm ginger, and long ago I used to have a gignger friend named adam, who them after a while I realised how annoying he is, and how his social skills are low, so I started to tell him to leave me alone and stuff, and then a few people stuck up for him. I don't look great but I'm not bad looking. I have friends who are way better looking than I am, and people often take that as an opurtunity to descreetly insult me, thinking I'm too thick not to notice.

Lucario, because they look cool, plus they are quite human like. I wouldn't like to be four legged because I would be quite 'unable' in some ways, plus lucario can learn psychich and he is really strong.

3. This one is special Tell us 3 things about your character that don't meet the eye. (Two of them have to be true, one of them must be a lie. Try hard not to make it obvious ... This would be a cool way to add more depth to your character, and start a fun conversation about all of our characters)
Hm, 2 true 1 lie. -
1 - Scott's true passion has always been to be an actor from when he was a little kid, but unfortunately due to his father he was forced into Neo, and fed lies to make him believe that it was a better place.
2 - Scott's wolflike features were made due to experiments his father insisted on doing to him in anger.
3 - He has a fear of hights that came naturally to him.
Old July 1st, 2013 (12:11 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

I'm wondering whether I should post right now or keep waiting for Darkhaven3.
If I feel my thoughts on something would contribute and should be heard, I will speak my mind regardless of what others think.
I can't decide whether I would rather be an Aggron or a Gardevoir. Gardevoir because I would be able to sense feelings, teleport, see the future, and create mini black holes. Aggron because they are total badasses that claim an entire mountain as their territory and will wear their battle wounds with pride yet still care about the environment and plant trees after forest fires and stuff. Also they are badass.
1. Faris' parents don't approve of him.
2. Faris has never had any friends.
3. Faris has a secret affinity for sweets.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (08:37 AM).
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
My wide sense of humor and the joys of sarcasm. I think it bugs everyone around me, but I thoroughly enjoy it.

By choice, or most suitable to personality? I know that I am most fitting to something like Lucario or Umbreon. By choice... Hmm. Honestly I couldn't decide.

A: Kiba is dominantly left-handed
B: Kiba is dominantly right-handed
C: Kiba can use both hands equally.

Not sure if being tricky, lazy, or sarcastic. Soooooooo

Aa: I am being tricky.
Bb: I m being lazy.
Cc: I am being sarcastic.

Old July 2nd, 2013 (12:42 PM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Hey your supposed to have TWo truths and one lie. You cant be dominantly one hand and the other! Theres two lies!!! Muhahaha
Old July 5th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Maybe Kiba can use both hands equally but was born with a dominant left/right hand, eventually learning to be ambidextrous.

To make a long story short, I will be travelling to El Salvador for two weeks with family in two days and was unable to notify anyone of this before because I didn't know I would be going until today. Again, long story. If Darkhaven3 doesn't post by tomorrow then don't expect anything from me until I get back.
Old July 6th, 2013 (01:14 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

if that was so they'd all be true! :3 I win!
Old July 6th, 2013 (06:46 AM).
Dusk

Actually, Geras pretty much got that one.

So... Are we dead now, or...?

Old July 7th, 2013 (06:44 AM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
Hi guys I won't be able to post till August. I'm too busy.
Old July 7th, 2013 (07:00 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

ok, not many pople have been posting anyways, whats the hold up guys?
Old July 7th, 2013 (07:09 AM).
Dusk

I think we may have died here.

Old July 7th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Im waiting for all u punks to get to cherrygrove... speed things UP
Old July 18th, 2013 (07:02 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

I'm back! And...unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone has posted while I was gone. I'm entirely willing to make a second character for the sole reason of keeping this RP alive. Hopefully I'll have a Faris post tomorrow and, depending on what people say, there may be another SU from me.
Old July 19th, 2013 (04:23 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Good point why isn't anyone posting? I'm only not posting because really I have no plot line at the moment to follow.
Old July 24th, 2013 (08:08 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Posted! I mean, sure it's a baby post but at least it's something.

For my second character I'm debating as to whether or not I should make a Team Neo character or another trainer.
Old July 25th, 2013 (06:08 AM). Edited July 25th, 2013 by Somniac.
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
So a little background as to why I've been inactive recently.

I'm writing a novel. It's been around 6 months in the making [planning] and last month i finally got started. I'm having a blast with it, but it is incredibly time consuming. Think 5hours a day just to get a few pages down, rather than the 1-2 hours a week for the very rough, uninspiring and not-well thought out [in comparison] role-playing I do.

I can't really give you too many details about it due to publishing reasons, but I can tell you it's set in a high-fantasy world, focused on the time of swords, knights, wizards and the such.

It's a mid-length novel at an estimated 400-600 pages.

It's been a brain child of mine for around a year. at the start of this year I began planning and setting down the key story points in writing, and now I have a stack of notes over a foot tall.

I hope to have it completed within the year, including review and editing process by myself, proof reading by myself and others, reviewing professionally and afterwards, publishing in the early part of 2014.

Oh, and it will be available online through a print-on-request system [the books are only printed once someone purchases a copy, and the printing costs are covered in the price, thus I'm guaranteed to not lose money]. So if y'all like dem readings, i'll be sure to drop by and beg recommend everyone to buy a copy.

As for the future of me in this RP, it's still a possibility, having another side project which would allow me to get into a different universe for an hour or so once a week would be nice, as i'm spending almost all my time in my book's universe at the moment. [My partner ensures me she understands, so that's good at least]
Old July 25th, 2013 (08:40 AM).
Nate
Evil Cute Thing

Wow somniac, your amazing, writing a book and all, and because I love everything based on that theme... I'm gonna ask them to make a movie about it, haha, no I'll buy the book, looks amazing. Enjoy!

Also, if everyone can start the ball rolling again then perhaps we can bring this back to life!
Old July 25th, 2013 (08:58 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I wouldn't mind coming back into this RP, but the trouble is the actual GM hasn't been online since mid-early June. And I don't want to come back without the GM being there, and without any assurances of the future of the RP, otherwise then I would feel like I've been wasting time. Another thing is with the leave of WolfOfEve, probably one of the most important characters in this roleplay, who would replace him? Only Bleacher can decide that because it is his roleplay. But he hasn't come online for one and a half months, and it's not really one of the easiest problems to solve...
Old July 29th, 2013 (06:04 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Do we have the authority to simply replace him temporarily? Maybe I can ask Gimmepie (the guy who Bleacher worked with to help develop his ideas enough to post this RP) if he knows enough to give us a chapter 2 to work with until it has become clear whether or not Bleacher is ever coming back?

Or is it time we gave up and considered this RP decidedly dead?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links