The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Darkroman

Nature: Adamant
So, I recently just made another remastered sequence. It's based on the Pokemon G/S/C Goldenrod City theme... BUT... it's using the instruments of the Pokemon DS games. It's not the HG/SS version . It's the melody of the 8-bit version but with the instruments from the Pokemon DS games.

Spoiler:
Old June 28th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Cryptonix

So I've been tampering with FL Studio for somewhere
around a year and have worked with different styles and learned
new techniques, but I was never that great with most of them.

I have, however, been making piano remakes of random
favorite Pokemon songs that I wanted to share and get
opinions on. I think they're pretty neat, but I assure you
they're not difficult to make. They're incredibly easy to
make, actually, if you have a sense of pitch and rhythm.
I like making them and they sound cool, but I wanted to
get some outside opinions on them. They're nothing special;
they're exactly how they sound. They're Pokemon songs
done by a piano and sometimes have a beat to it.

Pokemon R/S/E - Littleroot Town

https://soundcloud.com/cryptorithm/p...ittleroot-town

Pokemon R/G/B/Y/FR/LG - Route 1

https://soundcloud.com/cryptorithm/p...-fr-lg-route-1

Pokemon R/S/E - Wild Pokemon Battle

https://soundcloud.com/cryptorithm/p...e-wild-pokemon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been wanting to make a few tracks, but they
have a weird meter that I can't match with FL Studio's
standards without going through a tedious, unsure process.

Are they too boring? Do they need other aspects to them? That's what
I'm worried about. I want people to like them, but I feel in the back
of my head that there's nothing unique to them...like they could
use something that I don't get.
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Darkroman

Since I posted my newest song already, but didn't comment on the others (damn it was late...), I'm gonna do that in this post!

Fenne-Kun: Your themes always turn out well, but the Evil Team Leader song you did with ElectricMudKip was easily some of your best stuff! I enjoyed it a lot! The Route 1 theme sounded more like a city theme to me in all honesty, but I still really enjoyed listening to it!

Arron13: Your Sketchy Town draft piece so far is good, sounds like you just need to add a good main melody to it. Also just because I feel the need to say this - the heavy reverb guitar reminds me a little of the Tristram theme from Diablo 1/2 .

DJKniteX: I was hesitant to listen to your rap song, since I'm not a huge fan of the genre and I don't think I can give good educated constructive criticism; however, I listened to it and I can say 2 things for certain. Your rap sounds a lot different than what I've heard, and it sounds like you don't mess around. The quality and mixing of the track was great! That's all I can give you lol.

Cryptonix: Nice Piano covers! Did you record these via MIDI keyboard, or did you put in all the notes with a mouse?

Also It'd be cool if someone could comment/criticize on my Goldenrod City theme. Thanks all

I've also got a new enhanced/remaster! I just recently got a world instruments library, and as a test run I decided to remaster the Bell/Tin Tower theme from Heartgold and Soulsilver.

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Bell Tower (Enhanced Remaster)
Spoiler:
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:27 AM
PokemonComposer

Darkroman, did you try to download some high quality samples, soundfonts? It's generally ok, but those strings in Goldenrod city on 0:27 sound imho too thin. Maybe try to set it octave lower?

Belltower is just in place, I suppose

I will appreciate comments on my music on the previous site too

In addition to previously shown, a small rendition of some Wario Land Theme, can't say now which one, it just came over my mind years after playing all Wario Lands on GB/C

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...o%20dodrio.mp3
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Shay-Shay
-> FOLLOW ME @ShayLegacy <-

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Shay-Shay Send a message via Skype™ to Shay-Shay
Long story short, one of the Moderator from the X and Y forum told me to post this music I made on this forum. So sensitive...whatever. Here is my remake version of Trading Card Game: Grand Master Battle. Just let me now what you guys think, give me feedback. I don't care if it's good or bad, I love honesty!! Enjoy guys!

From the last post I made:
For the hype of Pokémon X and Y, I remade the catchy 8 Bit Grand Master Battle soundtrack from "Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR!". Please give feedback on the Remake I made. Thanks Everyone!!

Quote:
Copy & Paste this to Navigation Bar to Download Soundtrack: snd.sc/136VodC

Twitter-
http://twitter.com/shaylegacy
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:45 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Long story short, one of the Moderator from the X and Y forum told me to post this music I made on this forum. So sensitive...whatever.
Uh... he was just doing his job as a moderator in telling you the correct place to post. I'd say it's pretty clear that posting a remix of a Trading Card game tune is not the sort of thing that fits in a section that's focused on discussing the X&Y games, after all.

Anyways, merged with the Showcase sticky as that thread is for showing off stuff you created.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old July 27th, 2013, 04:17 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
well, guys i have a video i would like to share with you. i watch this at least once before i start attack EV training. because goldeens are so nice.

NOTE: this video i would say is PG-13 if your easily offended, or under the age of 12 don't watch it.
(i hope to god that eleven year olds don't have PC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlfWItAnl2Y

TELL ME WUT U GUIZ THINK.

Machinima. (if thats the correct spelling)

Teenage pokemon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm8csOyZunA
WARNING: F BOMBS. don't watch if your easily offended.
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
Trying my hand at composing. Again. (God, why can't this guy shut up and stop making **** music?)

Old July 27th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Darkroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controversial? View Post
Trying my hand at composing. Again. (God, why can't this guy shut up and stop making **** music?)
Wow... WOW! Bravissimo Controversial!! That composition is... beautiful to say the least! I really like it.. and I'm imagining this song being played with a full symphony, as there's definitely potential for that. It sounds kind of like it could be a character's theme in a video game, too. Someone who's struggled hard to be where they're at but manages to rise to the top by just a hair.

Shay-Shay: I love your remix of such an awesome theme. It sounds really clean! I love it!

So, I got a new remaster up... It's been a while since I've done a battle theme, and Cynthia's battle theme from Black and White is among my favorites! Have a listen!

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM
v3p0

Hi guys, I dropped this poké rap, Generation Red, where I rhyme through the world's first quest into the world of Pokemon!

Enjoy!
-III

Old July 29th, 2013, 07:25 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
So I have a few videos.

This has me playing violin. (I was 14) The song is Pirates of the Caribbean.

This is a short film me and my friends made when we were 13.

Four four music medleys I made recently.

and finally me and my friends English Project from two years ago, we made a small film about Romeo and Juliet. (as zombies)

Last edited by SylveonStar; July 30th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM
PokemonComposer

My first non-cover remix (if you see the difference :D )
Pokemon Emerald Brain Frontier Battle Orchestral remix!
I hope you'll like it
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
PokemonComposer

Wii Shop Channel Music Bossa Nova Cover Real Instruments Trio
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:38 AM
Darkroman

Just made this one... the FFX Battle theme, using Pokemon DS instruments!

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Shay-Shay

Here's another one of my latest soundtrack release. I expanded my music a little bit more further with Retro JPop Soundtrack. With the help of my good friend The November Eve, it turned out to be a great piece of artwork! Even the artwork itself explains it all!

By the way, "The voices that were sampled in this soundtrack was never meant to sound like anything else, other than a Sample."

Shay Legacy - Epic 8Bit
Listen, Enjoy, Download And Support!

Quote:
To Download Soundtrack, Copy & Paste this to Navigation Bar: snd.sc/1bXcrSd
Old August 24th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Shay-Shay

ANOTHER SOUNDTRACK RELEASED!! It's a remake of Yuduki - Dear You from the Anime show called "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" better known as "Higurashi When They Cry."

Let the soothing piano rhythm guide you to the end, as the end gets a 30 second tune up by my sounds!

Higurashi - Dear You (Remake By Shay Legacy)
Listen, Enjoy, Download And Support!

"Video Deleted"
Quote:
To Download Soundtrack, Copy & Paste this to Navigation Bar: snd.sc/19DQery

Last edited by Shay-Shay; December 1st, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Darkroman

Shay-Shay: Your mixes are done well, but as I'm not completely into the music you're making, I don't have anything else to say.

PokemonComposer: It's awesome you're doing mixes with live recorded instruments. If you play them all, you have more talent than me. Also your Wii shop channel reminds me of the music from the original Sims. However, and I don't mean to sound harsh here, but they all sound really off-beat. The rhythm and timing is just not there! Also your Battle Frontier Orchestral remix... well, you can't just take a MIDI file and replace each instrument with strings, brass, woodwinds and orchestra percussion. Add some dynamics there, a creative bassline brass, and that muted trumpet doesn't go well with the song. Also, I'm not sure what's up with that hi-hat metronome. Did you use airfont 380 for your orchestral composition?
To answer your question about my Goldenrod City rearrangement. No I wasn't attempting it with high quality soundfonts. I used the same soundfont that's in the Pokemon DS games. I also tried your idea of adding in some lower octave strings before I put it up on youtube, but it just didn't have the feeling I was going for.

Genevieve: I couldn't load your myspace music since it was a restricted profile. Your movies were cute and cheesy XD. Not sure what to say about your medleys.

As for me.. well, I did a Pokemon DS soundfont rearrangement of the FFX Normal Battle theme. Now I've attempted an FFX remaster (dear god help me) of the Normal Battle theme. It's not perfect, but I tried my best (as I am now) at it. I'm always open to criticism!

Old August 24th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Shay-Shay

@Darkroman: Thank You for the feedback! And I truly understand. What type of music do you like then? I'll probably end up making something that you might like in the future, who knows. I'm just knocking down a list of projects, mostly 8BIT Sounds, Dubstep genre, Pop tracks and Soft piano music.

Last edited by Shay-Shay; August 24th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Darkroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay-Shay View Post
@Darkroman: Thank You for the feedback! And I truly understand. What type of music do you like then? I'll probably end up making something that you might like in the future, who knows. I'm just knocking down a list of projects, mostly 8BIT Sounds, Dubstep genre, Pop tracks and Soft piano music.
Some 8-bit tunes I like, and some techno and trance. Some examples of the type of techno I like are from Armin Van Buuren, (older) Basshunter, and the song "Sea Tides" from Andy Bluesman. I'm not into dubstep at all unfortunately. I'm a bit of a dubstep hater ...actually just a strong disliker lol. Anyway, I like metal, some orchestra pieces, classic rock, and some modern rock.
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:51 AM
PokemonComposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroman View Post
PokemonComposer: It's awesome you're doing mixes with live recorded instruments. If you play them all, you have more talent than me. Also your Wii shop channel reminds me of the music from the original Sims. However, and I don't mean to sound harsh here, but they all sound really off-beat. The rhythm and timing is just not there!
I'm absolutely aware of it. It was recorded in a very short time. I think the problem is, I've not learned its harmony and melody, so I wasn't capable of playing it fluently and even with some better moments, it's sounds extremely "heavy" compared to the original version. I fully agree on that point. I'm looking forward to getting some cool Sound Interface. My old 90' creative card just cannot process in real-time when it comes to recording and audio monitoring latency on my headphones is killing me off, so it's not even possible to synchronize each track "just-in-time". Even my iPhone 3GS with iRig midi and garageband is doing much better job. Latency is minimal, but I have to find some way to get transfer drums samples to iPhone, because that's the only flaw in my one-man-band "career".

Quote:
Also your Battle Frontier Orchestral remix... well, you can't just take a MIDI file and replace each instrument with strings, brass, woodwinds and orchestra percussion. Add some dynamics there, a creative bassline brass, and that muted trumpet doesn't go well with the song. Also, I'm not sure what's up with that hi-hat metronome. Did you use airfont 380 for your orchestral composition?
It's nice you pointed it out. I'm totally fresh, when it comes to Midi editing. I'm not really aware of "airfront" you've mentioned. Can you explain it to me?
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM
PokemonComposer

New cover. Pokemon R/S/E Vendanturf Town Theme
Old September 6th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Kazuto Kirigaya

Quote:
Just made this one... the FFX Battle theme, using Pokemon DS instruments!

Nice, it looks great haha, keep doing that xD
Old September 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Darkroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonComposer View Post
It's nice you pointed it out. I'm totally fresh, when it comes to Midi editing. I'm not really aware of "airfront" you've mentioned. Can you explain it to me?
Airfont is a soundfont. A soundfont is basically a file (.DLS or .SF2 are the most used) that assigns the different MIDI instrument patches some samples (most of the time they're synthesized samples). What do you use for a MIDI editor and do you use its default sound? And... a creative card from the 90s? Are you currently rocking an Audigy, Live, or.. an AWE based model? Try buying a decent soundcard with good native support for ASIO. I'm currently using an Asus Xonar DX which has native support for ASIO, but I don't really use that feature since all my MIDI notes are hand-clicked in a MIDI editor rather than recorded from an external MIDI device.
Old September 7th, 2013, 03:12 AM
PokemonComposer

I used MusicBox soundfont. I've got Soudblaster Live Card. It's not even official supported in Windows 7. I had to download modified drives and still it's not playing even loud enough to cover my headphones needs(bug in drivers). When it's possible I'm using ASIO4ALL and it's working generally ok, still I have to use low-samples settings when it comes to VST real-time recording.

I'm also using Mixcraft as a Midi Editor and Midi Recorder, because it's software the most similiar to GarageBand, which I'm sometimes using on iOS.

Last edited by PokemonComposer; September 8th, 2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Darkroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonComposer View Post
I used MusicBox soundfont. I've got Soudblaster Live Card. It's not even official supported in Windows 7. I had to download modified drives and still it's not playing even loud enough to cover my headphones needs(bug in drivers). When it's possible I'm using ASIO4ALL and it's working generally ok, still I have to use low-samples settings when it comes to VST real-time recording.

I'm also using Mixcraft as a Midi Editor and Midi Recorder, because it's software the most similiar to GarageBand, which I'm sometimes using on iOS.
Wow! A live! I remember loving its built-in MIDI synth back in the day. Honestly though, get a modern sound card . A good compromise between games, sound quality, and price is the ASUS Xonar DX. Seriously, if you can afford $70-$80, then get it. It has native ASIO support, 7.1 channels through 4 analog plugs, or a single optical cable, 116db SNR (signal-to-noise ratio in case you don't know which I'm sure you do lol). It's pretty clean sounding, a hell of a lot more than my audigy 2 that I upgraded from. I'd imagine it'd be a bigger difference from a SB Live.

Now if you're worried about MIDI soundfont configuration, get 'BASSMIDI driver'. It's a MIDI soundfont configuration utility for all versions of windows that overrides the default barf inducing windows soundfont. It's what I use to assign my Pokemon soundfont. And it does support all the MIDI Controller codes. It only loads .SF2 files though.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links