The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Old June 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

1)Has there ever been a time in your life when everything seemed to fall apart, nothing made sense, and nothing mattered anymore?

Whether it be the time someone maliciously confused you for their own amusement, or that time when you didn't know what to do and it seemed as if anything and everything important to you was being taken from you, or any time in your life where you have been completely, utterly confused, sad, and when nothing made sense, please do share.

I apologize in advance if you do not want to share anything too personal.

I would share my experiences of great despair with you, but I have but nothing to say besides that those moments tend to happen quite often. So many of them come and go that they usually slip my mind.

2)Has there ever been a time when you witnessed a discombobulation of order not related to you? i.e. an earthquake, tornado, tsunami, food fight, street brawl, or anything utterly chaotic that you couldn't quite make sense of.

3)What are your other thoughts about confusing events, chaos, and disorder? Discuss
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
1) Yes, right now. There is no purpose or motivation to my life anymore, i'm failing pretty bad, and the future looks grim...

2) No, I've never witnessed any large scale disruptive event, living in Sydney it's pretty safe geographically in terms of Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc. If I was in the middle of a huge riot or brawl I think I would go hide where no one could find me, crowd mentality is scary and I wouldn't want to risk being injured or killed if I was a bystander. A food fight would be awesome though, I'd also love to try leap into a pool of jelly, custard or ice cream but that's off topic :D With any catastrophe I think it'd be a good time to prove yourself using your wits, preparation and leadership to survive and assist others.

3) :D

My thoughts on disruptive events are that they are obviously unpleasant but also inevitable and people should always be prepared and calm for when they occur
Old June 27th, 2013, 07:29 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
1) Of course. Anyone who hasn't felt that way eventually will. I'd rather not be specific, though.

2) Often, several tornadoes come around every summer. I guess if it's particularly strong, that can be kind of chaotic. That hurricane a while back was a bit chaotic, as well. Though it was fun to stand in the street at night, being pelted with rain and 60mph wind gusts. :D

3) Chaotic fights are less fun. Does that count as an opinion?
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
1) In a sense I suppose I experienced both complete destruction of my understanding of everything and also the reforming of my imagination at the same time it was quite overwhelming but it half belongs here.
I had an epiphany about two years ago concerning the relevancy of our existence in the universe, I wish I could word it properly. I found the closest thing I could come to putting into our very limited language, from quite a popular video game of all places.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
The best I've come to explaining it is vague and highly abstract and I don't expect that many of you will fully grasp the idea. I think it best that you discover it on your own, it changes nothing about your life only the way you interact with and understand things, but I will push you in the direction. Imagine the quote hasn't anything specific in mind but is relating "nothing" as a paradox but "nothing is true" remain literal.

2) I can't make sense of people who can't make sense of things. Basic things you have to be really thick to not understand. They through me into chaos.

3) Chaos and disorder are natural. Entropy and enthalpy are my favourite excuse for not cleaning my room, because I'm right and big words confuse my mother.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links