The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:29 PM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Second choice, for sure. I can't imagine just being...empty? I'd rather have every emotion be super strong. It'd be so sad not to get any joy out of doing the things I love.
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Paladin

I'm actually a very creative person, or try to be at least, and while emotions can be a bit tasking sometimes, I need them. Emotions are the fuel to a huge amount of the creative process, whether it's writing a depressing death scene, or composing a lovely little funky beat.
And since eighty-five percent of what I want to do in this world before I leave it is, in some way or another, art. . . I'd prefer to keep my emotions.
Besides, I'm extremely well practiced in controling myself.

As a side thought though, if you were completely emotionless you wouldn't be able to love, yes, but so too would any comradery be impossible. In other words, you wouldn't even be able to have friends that you cared for, or worried about. You wouldn't be alone per say, but you would never again feel that warmth of knowing that somebody else is there with you, beside you all the way.

Emotions can be a pain, I completely agree with that.
But I think if you were living without ever feeling life, then, you really wouldn't be.
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
While emotions can sometimes hinder us, they also motivate and stimulate us in many positive ways. I'd rather they be amplified than lose them all.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old June 25th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Starry Windy
Cute, yet Strong!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think I'll pick the 2nd option (stronger emotions), because it clearly fits my personality already. If I'm emotionless, that would be a big dilemma because I can't become the happiest person, ever.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Still Windvisible atm 'cos I'm still working on a better health.
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Yukari Yakumo
necrofantasia
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
I'd rather have stronger emotions.

Who would willingly lose their feelings of love, happiness and joy? No more of those moments when you just want to smile all day long. No feelings of attachment to that girl with you. It just seems a bit bland, to be emotionless.
fc | fs
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old June 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Black Ice
[XV]

anyone who says they'd rather not have emotions...lol

no one wants depression, silly
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:12 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
After thinking about this for a while, I decided that I would prefer not to have emotions. I'd rather be numb than to deal with that. I've spent years learning to master my emotions- and hide what I can't control. Why not accept an opportunity to perfect it?
Besides, being emotionless would make life in general easier. Less fulfilling, yes, but you wouldn't have to deal with so many things that you normally do!
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; June 30th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I'd much rather cry a river (literally) and still be able to laugh then not be able to do either. Living life without emotion seems pretty damn pointless. You're a robot.
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I try to keep my emotions in, so I say that I'm emotionless, but I express certain emotions if they're strong enough.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
MEGAS
Bestow5000 from YouTube

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MEGAS Send a message via Yahoo to MEGAS Send a message via Skype™ to MEGAS
I desire to discover and experience different emotional events and such, so I will go with 2.
My Platinum FC: 3609 8138 7721
Name: Max
Accepting B/W Wi-Fi battles only, contact me for one.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

If you would have asked me this a few years ago, I would have chosen emotionless, but I've found pretty recently that my life has taken a dramatic turn for the better, so now its a bit more difficult to choose. I have more good moments than bad, so that's something that's making me want to choose emotional. But I also dread bad moments, and when bad things happen to me, they're pretty hard to cope with since they aren't just simple things that I find most people experience. I think I've been through a lot of hardships for my age - more than most - and because of that, I'm hesitant to choose emotional since dealing with those with pretty normal emotions has been hard enough as it is. I think I'll go with emotional. My outlook on life has improved dramatically, and I want to experience the happy moments that are to come to the fullest extent.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to say I'd go for the neutral, but not being happy ever again sounds so... sad. You wouldn't get any enjoyment out of life so what would the point even be? Even if extremes meant that lows were really, really tough... at least the highs would be enough to stick around for. I know I'd just become listless and give up if nothing in life could bring me actual joy of any kind. So I'd rather have the stronger feelings.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old July 4th, 2013, 08:29 AM
thefallendetective
-johnlocked-

Nature: Lonely
People may find it strange but I'd go with emotional. I mean, what is life without both joy and pain?
Our lives revolve around our feelings which make everything better, livelier. Being emotional and
optimistic can bring joy to everyone! A bright smile on the face is contagious and soon everyone
would be beaming. Let's work hard to bring happiness to the people around us instead of sitting
around without any feeling! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Quopol

I'd go with thefallendetective. I would choose to be more emotional. Life would be so boring without any emotions!
Old July 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Powalen

I want my emotions. They are a part of who I am! I am already pretty emotional so a little more wont hurt. Someone who is emotionless is more or less like a robot and I don't want to be like that.

Old July 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Adventure
original dex holder

Nature: Naive
I am already an overemotional wreck so I don't see how it could get worse :D I'd choose the second option, thusly.
Old July 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
jcl

I've experienced both sides of the spectrum. I think I was more happy being "content" which was pretty similar to having no emotions, just calm, relaxed and stress-free. Sometimes things got a little boring, but sooner or later I realized that I was pretty grateful for being just content.
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Emotional. To lose happiness, for me, just isn't worth losing sadness/anger.
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
Emotions is a huge part of being human. A human without emotions simply ceases to be a human altogether. We would simply become empty husks of a living organism. Without emotions, we would lose just about everything no matter how much you have, including the ability to love - the most important emotion of all that makes the world go round. That is what I think, therefore emotions I shall choose, even if its comes with all the pain and suffering of sadness and anger.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
I'd rather not live at all than live without emotion.
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
I want my emotions gone. It'll likely be the only thing that can stop me from over-thinking things & putting my mind at ease. If that's the case, my so-called "Humanity" is but a small price to pay, especially if it gets rid of my desperate cravings for sex.

Hell, I started disliking being a human once I realized that it isn't any better no matter what gender you are.

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Cynthia ™
Champion

Having no emotions means never having the ability to love. Emotional.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here