The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 29th, 2013, 02:35 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

Advertise here
Highlight some events, realisations and experiences which you have felt to have impacted you in such a way that you'd consider them to be life-changing. They can be positive or negative events with positive or negative effects, so go wild! How do you think these events have shaped you as a person today?

Old June 29th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
First one that popped to my head was back in sophomore year, when a classmate died. I wasn't exactly close to her, but that's probably the closest death ever got to me, while at the same time I was old enough to understand what it meant. It really freaked me out and I came to realize that death doesn't differentiate between people. Young or old, happy or sad, doesn't matter. After that, I held on to my friends and family a lot closer.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

My life-changing event is definitely negative.

It made me see my mom in a completely different way. I saw the out-of-control rage side of my mother. That kind of broke me a little.

She got overwhelmingly mad at me, and then proceeded to tear apart my entire room. Throwing books off my shelves, threw hangers and clothes AT ME out of my closet until nothing remained, tearing out drawers and spreading the contents along the floor, and taking both my guitars and dropping them down (no regard for their meaning to me) and then finally ripping the covers off my bed.

And making me clean it all up WHILE she watched over me standing right there in my doorway. Yelling at me.

For an F on a paper in math

It caused me to fear my mother more than I love her. I do love my mother but my fear for her puts a strange boundary between us sometimes.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Tsutarja

The first event I can remember happening was when my grandmother (dad's mom) passed away when I was just 3 years old.. she had a major significance in my life because she was my caretaker for 8 hours a day while my parents were at work. Because of her passing, I was placed into a daycare facility and my diet changed shortly after her death.

I was really sad when she passed, and my family was able to sense that, and I get reminded of that whenever it comes up in discussion.

Super Smash Staff Collab
mod pairs family twitter pc social sites
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM
KidCarter93
PokéTech Guy

My life changing event was around 6 years ago when I moved from my dad's to live with my mum.
When I lived with my dad, while I can't fault him for raising me and my brother single handedly, it was a somewhat limited childhood and I wasn't allowed to truly be myself.
Once I moved in with my mum, I was allowed more freedom and that really helped me to discover more about myself and therefore become more "free". Ever since then, I've been a much happier person as I've become more outgoing and now only reveal the true me wherever I am.
Old June 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
The biggest life changer I've been through was watching my mom go through breast cancer. It happened when I was about 14/15 (so I was an angsty teenager, that didn't want anything to do with my parents) and when she was diagnosed, it made me realize just how much I love my mom and how quickly she could be taken away.
It made me grow up, I think. I now cherish every day/moment we have together and she's my bestfriend. I love my momma :p
Old June 29th, 2013, 01:12 PM
ProfGrove

Car wreck when I was 7, broke my right leg because I had it between door and seat while a UPS truck ran into the side of our car. It changed my life and left real scars on my hands, leg and in my hair line.
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:18 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Several different events (most of which pertained to each other) resulted in my realization that most emotions just cause problems and are best ignored.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 30th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Starry Windy
Take a tour ride.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
It was on November 29th last year when I'm making comment of reporting bugs of a certain game, and the game maker notices and fixed that. Feeling that I'm answered, it is the first point for me to decide to finally enter my first forum, which is in here, and started to active more since then.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
My major life changing events
- Death of my grandmother
- Death of my mom
- Death of my grandfather
- Foreclosure of childhood home
- College
- Bought my first car
- Death of high school friend
- Eviction from apartment
- Moved out on my own

Unfortunately, I have more bad life changing moments right now than positive ones, but I like to think that the bad ones shaped me as a person a lot more, so I don't get bumbed out looking at that list. I also like to delude myself into thinking that I've had enough bad events in my life up until this point, that the rest if going to be mostly positive.
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

One important thing is my first relationship, it changed me, though Im not nessesarily sure if it was for the best as it made me want things I am not sure are really for me, and before I wasnt like that and didnt feel I needed those things. Overall it made me feel more dependent on another person, and sometimes I dont think that's such a great thing.
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Powalen

My grandpa died last week and that was HUGE life changing experience for me. I still haven't adjusted to him not being here and it will take a while for me to.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
MEGAS
Bestow5000 from YouTube

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MEGAS Send a message via Yahoo to MEGAS Send a message via Skype™ to MEGAS
It was during a charity event where I get to sit in a Ferrari for the first time. It made me realized how much hard work I must do to experience such fun.
My Platinum FC: 3609 8138 7721
Name: Max
Accepting B/W Wi-Fi battles only, contact me for one.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here