The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I really do think that super long labels are unnecessary and that if we are to have labels in the first place, they should be short. Or have no labels at all.

So no, I'm not a "demisexual-asexual-lesbian"

I'm lesbian. Or nothing at all :D
Old June 24th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Penta Penguin
You will refer to me as Pentarou.

If you've seen the LGBT thread in Other Clubs, I've already admitted that I'm a Genderqueer. For those who don't know, I don't associate myself towards either the Male or Female area.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I don't know if this would be steering the thread too off-course, but it seems to just be about sexuality in general so- I just wonder, what do people automatically assume about others' sexuality, and does that tie into their own? Like I personally don't even consider sexuality; I just kind of assume nobody even has sexual feelings or thoughts unless they have explicitly told/proven to me otherwise. That's probably why I don't feel like sexuality is a big deal at all. And that might be related to me being asexual; maybe I generally think others think about sex in the same way I do? Even though consciously I know that's hardly ever the case.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I assume someone is straight until they tell me otherwise.
But I also assume that everyone else also falls into the same boat as me, even though they don't. I never once considered someone looking at me in a sexual way, or someone finding me sexually attractive, because I've never looked at or found anyone else to be.

So in a way, I'm kind of like you. I assume that people don't have any sexual feelings or thoughts, but I also assume that everyone I meet is attracted to the opposite sex, probably because that's what the majority seem to be and it's the norm, so its the most logical and most likely assumption, if any at all.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Azu
GAAOOOOOO!

Nature: Quirky
Forever straight.

I don't have anything against gay/les but it's not my soup ;.

Pairing buddy: Classic Sonic

- x -

Eeveelution Club Profile:
Username: Azu
First Partner: Leafeon
Second Partner:[None]

- x -
Old June 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Pretty much all this. Being in High School still, there's all sorts of drama, and I don't want to have any distractions, although honestly, to me, it doesn't matter who I like, and it's not all the physical things in a relationship that count, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail's VM to PEDRO12
no homo, but i kinda miss you man. we gotta skype someday.

also text me when you can. i have unlimited i think.
u gay bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru
I never once considered someone looking at me in a sexual way, or someone finding me sexually attractive,
;]

ya i'm gay. prepare your anuses. i'll prepare mine.
Old June 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Fine, I'll just answer that I'm straight and be done with it.

I have received propositions from gay men before and while it is flattering (hey, at least someone finds me attractive), I'm afraid I just don't swing that way. Not that I'm against gays, though, hell I was ecstatic at the SCOTUS decisions this morning.
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
I just wonder, what do people automatically assume about others' sexuality, and does that tie into their own?
I try not to assume anything, but I do have a powerful gaydar, lol. I think it rude to assume someone is of a certain sexuality due to whatever mannerisms they may have, but I am highly aware that I am a huge hypocrite when I say this, lol. I consider sexuality, or lack thereof, an important part in a person and I usually want to know what sexuality a person identifies as. Not in the first conversation, of course, but over time! I like knowing whether a guy has the possibility of ever being attracted to me, although I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone can be attracted to me, oops.

However, I tend to assume that 90% of the people I see or engage with are heterosexual, I don't have any reasoning for this aside from the 'that's the way it is' idea.
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Bisexual.

:3 I think most of my friends on PC already know that.
I can not for the life of me tell what someone's sexuality is. I also don't ask. I wait until the other person is comfortable enough to share it with me.
Old June 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Materia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I don't understand the difference between being pansexual.. and just finding people you are emotionally into more attractive. I don't think they're the same thing. I don't randomly fawn over dudes walking on the street going "OH GOD HE'S SO HOT!! I WANNA DO HIM RIGHT NOW" like some other people. I don't think that would make me pansexual. Maybe it's just that pansexuals never get that initial spark of attraction that some others might get when seeing or meeting someone else- like the "there's something about you that intrigues me and I like it."? I am straight but then if I were bi, how would the difference apply?

Are people who are pansexual just not sexually/physically attracted to someone AT ALL until they get to know them? What turns that point from just "Nah I'm not sexually interested at all to you" to.. "wow this guy is actually really nice, I have a crush on him."???
Does it mean that someone who's pansexual absolutely will NOT find someone sexually attractive unless they know them first?

Would it apply then to someone who is only attracted to one gender?
Like can you be a straight-pansexual? or a gay-pansexual?

Don't mean to trivialize or anything, I am genuinely confused between someone who's pansexual, and someone who just prefers to know someone before getting sexually invested in them?
For me personally, I'm pansexual. Pansexual is defined as "all genders". Basically, you're attracted to specific people, not so much their gender.

For me at least, I'm sexually attracted to females far more than males. But if I get to know a boy, I'm capable of falling in love with him despite him not being female. Once I fall in love with him, I'm sexually attracted to him. Although if I just met him, I don't really get the "omg so hawt" feeling since I don't know him, thus not emotionally attached. Make sense?

At least, that's my two cents.
Kura:
As a pansexual let me say that being pansexual is quite frankly like being in an extremely bright room. So we like to wear "Shades" to help us filter out the extraneous input. We're attracted to everybody! We can find the elegance in just about any body you can throw at us and arouse ourselves by it. Because of this, we learn probably sooner than most, that our physical spark doesn't necessarily mean love and we must cultivate a means to prevent ourselves from indulging too much.

For most of us, our emotions towards a person serve as a guiding principal to temper our physical attractions to people. So it's common that most of us, like me, are also demisexual to some degree, and require that emotional spark to kindle our physical fires. Society doesn't exactly praise lots of activity in that way with more than one partner, so it becomes an issue of choosing one from a pool of potentials that is much larger than the average straight person would have to worry about choosing from.

Purple Materia:
I think you did a pretty good job of explaining it, but there are some who don't temper themselves by the same methods that we do, and we should recognize that. I will admit that they are uncommon enough though that it's easy to not realize they're there. Some people have a better way than others do, and may not necessarily be demisexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I try not to assume anything, but I do have a powerful gaydar, lol. I think it rude to assume someone is of a certain sexuality due to whatever mannerisms they may have, but I am highly aware that I am a huge hypocrite when I say this, lol. I consider sexuality, or lack thereof, an important part in a person and I usually want to know what sexuality a person identifies as. Not in the first conversation, of course, but over time! I like knowing whether a guy has the possibility of ever being attracted to me, although I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone can be attracted to me, oops.

However, I tend to assume that 90% of the people I see or engage with are heterosexual, I don't have any reasoning for this aside from the 'that's the way it is' idea.
My "Gaydar" is pretty well adjusted, even if it isn't always 100% accurate. Although in my personal standard practices, I tend not to pay much attention to it unless it's going "DINGDINGDINGDINGWEEEEWOOOWEEEEWOOOO THIS PERSON IS GAY/LESBIAN" and is too loud to ignore effectively. Then and only then do I launch a mental investigation and examine the "evidence" with a reasonable enough amount of attention to determine if the reading is false or misleading due to other sociocultural cues the target may be presenting.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old June 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I never understood gaydar. I mean, I have my suspicions because I think it's kind of interesting in a way to point out people you think might not meet the typical lifestyle as far as sexuality is concerned, but I don't see how there's anything you can pick up on a person short of them displaying obvious signs of sexual attraction to the same sex (like a guy getting a hard on when he's obviously checking out another guy in a locker room or something) that rings bells. What factors into gaydar?
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Gaydar isn't like that...it is like a sixth sense. You look at somebody and you either feel that they or gay, or not.

Errr....not that I know personally......
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
There are certain qualities and mannerisms about gay men that quite a lot of them do have. We can be as progressive as we want and say that being interested in other people of the same sex is the only hint (and yes, it is the only sure-fire 100% accurate one) but the fact remains that the stereotypes came from somewhere and it's easy to see if you're tuned into it.

I'm not an effeminate person and quite a lot of people were shocked when I came out because they had no idea, but there were also people that weren't surprised and had picked up on it, like my aunt and uncle and my best friend. Those people have good gaydar, the others do not.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
I'm a 19-year-old straight male seeking love... oh wait this isn't a dating site.
PokéCommunity, its the new eHarmony.
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Ozymandias
kissed by fire
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
xD it's been some time since this has been posted in so I probablly shouldn't revive a dead thread... But screw it let Bloodex rage on me all he wants

Anyways I myself and 100% straight! I mean i appreciate good looks and I know when a guy is good looking but I've never been attracted to another guy. As for what I think about gay people... They're just regular people XD i mean I am a devote christian and I understand where some other Christians come from when they preach about gay people but God says love everyone and I do! :D Anyways Gay's are just as much of people as Straights are... End of Story Btw all the single ladies hmu jkjk
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:16 AM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xolace View Post
PokéCommunity, its the new eHarmony.
I wouldn't doubt that, back a while ago when I was under a new account I had a try with a relationship here, but it just kind of failed due to it to feeling a bit forced. This was like three years ago though and the person in name isn't on this site anymore. It was a nice end though, and didn't suffer from any "drama" despite us being stupid teenagers 0u0

As for my won sexuality, there probeley is a million labels to give it, as some of the tumblr social justice warriors would like to argue, but there really is no need for having a paragraph or two describing who you like.

To be simple, and blunt with one short answer I'm Pansexual - I just go with the flow, and like who or what I like. While yes you can go into the specifics how I'm more "asexual" around people in real life and more of a pervert on places like tumblr and so. There really is no need to go with specifics, because it really shouldn't matter for anyone else but myself and my loves.
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:04 AM
LaVida

Good topic!

I'm bisexual and I like it. I think, I prefer girls a little more, though.
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
I'm straight, but I'm so desperate for love that I'd probably lower my standards significantly and do it with a pumpkin.

Old July 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I'm straight but am only interested in that if I have a real emotional connection with someone and am in a relationship and I am completely sure the other person feels the same way. I don't consider sex and that kind of stuff important.
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM
SetheKing
Budding Supervillain

Nature: Calm
I am straight but for the time being am refraining from pursuing any type of relationship. My lack of social skills (especially concerning girls) hasn't helped matters any, and the last relationship I was in made me miserable. Not to mention the last girl I tried to enter a relationship with kinda burned me (Fake phone number. Yeah, people still pull that trick instead of telling the truth).

So yeah, I'm straight but refuse to enter a relationship. Is there a phrase for that?
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
I am very much straight although I will definitely acknowledge when a woman is attractive. I'm just not romantically or sexually attracted to women. Boobs are lovely but really I don't think I could be paid to get anywhere near another female's genitalia. Vaginas are scary.

I have a really insane crush on a co-worker and we've spent some time together outside of work and have fooled around a small bit but I don't think he will end up really reciprocating my feelings.
Unfortunately I can't seem to even bring myself to be attracted to anyone else. Even a guy I dated in high school for two years and took more years than that to get over. I really don't even want him to talk to me these days, when I used to wait by the phone for him to text me all night every night. Kind of a hindrance but oh well.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Generally I consider myself bisexual since I'm attracted to both sexes but lately I've been realizing that given the right person I'd probably be better described as pansexual. Anything outside of the binary sexes has never interested me in the past but now that I've gotten to know a lot more people with fluid genders, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore. I mean, not that gender is really what people get attracted to (?) but I don't really have a preference when it comes to the binary sexes anyway. I wouldn't say intersex (is... that even the right term?? ._.) is at all a preference but it wouldn't be something I'd discount or be surprised to end up with an attraction to either.

Not much of this matters though because I'm not interested in relationships to the point where if I didn't notice myself finding people attractive, I'd probably assume I was asexual. I think that's more a fear of commitment and the idea of a relationship than something that falls under the sexuality topic though.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old July 29th, 2013, 12:52 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Straight like an arrow, male like a, well, a-- a dude.

I respect every type of sexuality, but the moment it attempts to interfere with my relationship it will be a problem. Otherwise, I think people spew hate for no reason. As long as you can express yourself without pushing any boundaries, I won't treat you any differently from the next guy (or gal).

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM
blaziken25

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to blaziken25
Lesbian
But to be honest I'm not too interested in dating at the moment

Old July 29th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Gay and still waiting for the magical pill that makes me straight

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links