• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I always went with ther fire-typers except GEN V when i picked Snivy because i looked at his moves and he was totally awsome! but strangely i find Froakie (water-type) to have a few tricks up his sleeve that you could never imagine possible. so im picking him in X and Chespin (grass-type) in Y! I was dissappointend by the lack of originality on Fennekin- it's like Vulpix with different colors!

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Considering Fennekin is based on a fennec fox, an animal which lives mostly in deserts and scrubland, I would be surprised if it didn't become a fire/ground type. While I would fully support it becoming a fire/psychic type I find the idea of a fire/ground type to be a more interesting combination.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
I'm sorry, but I don't see this on Serebii. Perhaps I overlooked something? That and I'm sure if Fennekin's type was so much as whispered on the internet it would catch fire within seconds, and I've heard nothing about it so far (I can make a safe assumption that others haven't heard of it's typing either), so yeah. u_u
yeah you have. How about go on to the announced pokemon page and it shows some of the moves. so yeah u_u

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's a "leaked" concept art of Chespin's final evolution spreading around. Here's the original link to it: http://prntscr.com/1de2kx

Somehow, it reminds me of Sonic the Werehog, which is giving me the idea that since it's a hedgehog, Chespin may be like Classic Sonic, while its first stage evolution may be like Modern Sonic.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
That's just the same as the fanart that has been made. It is probably just some "concept art" or the fan concept art.

images

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There's a "leaked" concept art of Chespin's final evolution spreading around. Here's the original link to it: http://prntscr.com/1de2kx

Somehow, it reminds me of Sonic the Werehog, which is giving me the idea that since it's a hedgehog, Chespin may be like Classic Sonic, while its first stage evolution may be like Modern Sonic.

That picture/concept was made back when Chespin was first shown back in January.

tumblr_mgbtneGhX61rw7u8ro1_500.jpg

Its the same design. I think it may be fake if not then this guy back from January hit a pretty good nail.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They look almost too good to be fake though IMO.

A lot of the times the fans make better evolutions for the Pokemon than Gamefreak does. Many of the fan versions to Gen 5 starters were way better than what we ended up with, especially Snivy's line. Those three that both Powerserge and I posted have existed like a week after the starters were shown. They've been on the internet since January. If those were the real evolutions we'd have had more hints about it by now since they were already "leaked".

Chances of them being fan created are quite high. Again fans have almost always done a better job at designing evolutions....

The picture Powerserge and I posted are also from Pivix which is a Japanese art site similar to Deviant Art. They originated there and made their way to 2ch or 4chan.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
A lot of the times the fans make better evolutions for the Pokemon than Gamefreak does. Many of the fan versions to Gen 5 starters were way better than what we ended up with, especially Snivy's line. Those three that both Powerserge and I posted have existed like a week after the starters were shown. They've been on the internet since January. If those were the real evolutions we'd have had more hints about it by now since they were already "leaked".

Chances of them being fan created are quite high. Again fans have almost always done a better job at designing evolutions....

Not all the time. Most fan evolutions suffer from the "it just got bigger" syndrome, which was common in the first two gens. It basically describes evolutions that receives little to no changes in their appearances from their basic forms other than their size. The Kanto and Johto starters were guilty of this, but since Gen 3, starters are trying to look less like their basic forms by adding more details in their designs such as the Tepig gaining a bipedal postion when evolving into Pignite or Samurott taking a quadpedal position and took a different look rather being a bigger, bipedal version of Oshawott.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
To me, the evolutions of the starters always resemble the 3 main stages of life for us humans; childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. I see what Pinkie-Dawn is talking about, but I think that GF has adhered to that visual semblance to "growing up" in their starters since Gen 1.

Many of the fan versions to Gen 5 starters were way better than what we ended up with, especially Snivy's line.

I definitely agree. I remember seeing the one with the final Snivy evolution having the legs and flowers at it's side...it looked devastatingly beautiful.

Again fans have almost always done a better job at designing evolutions....

Exactly!

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
Definitely going with Fennekin. I was disappointed with the last two Fire starters. (Not a fan of the animals they were based on.) I really like Fennekin's design and am excited to see its evolutions and how it fares in battle!

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
To be honest I like all 3...

1-Fennekin
2-Chespin
3-Froakie

Froakie is like the serious one...so It's gotta become a bulky fighting type in one of the trailers or pics i tlook like it meditate

Chespin-The Trouble Maker :P

Fennekin: The Cute one :P

I will be picking FEnnekin and Chespin...hubby is getting Froakie unless I feel like being nice :P and letting him have Chespin

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've adored Chespin since first laying eyes on it so he'll definitely be my pick of the litter. I believe he's rumoured to evolve to take on the Grass/Dark tying which sounds very cool indeed, and with his cute little face I could never say no to him. I just really hope it isn't a case like Oshawott in which they take something adorable and ruin it completely with its evolutions haha.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I've adored Chespin since first laying eyes on it so he'll definitely be my pick of the litter. I believe he's rumoured to evolve to take on the Grass/Dark tying which sounds very cool indeed, and with his cute little face I could never say no to him. I just really hope it isn't a case like Oshawott in which they take something adorable and ruin it completely with its evolutions haha.

Huh?You didnt like samurott?I am surprised!

I think that Chespin will grow more spikes and get a more menacing look.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I'm choosing Froakie. If they put Charmander in to be caught in the wild, I'm going hunting, and I'll need the advantage.

Years
I can't imagine a Fire/Ground Pokemon without it being more Tank-like, and so far Fennekin's looking a LOT more 'Specially-based', which is what I'm hoping for. Also, foxes in Japan are generally perceived as spiritual beasts with psychic powers in their tails (just look at Ninetales, Naruto, etc.). I REALLY want a Fire/Psychic, but I just hope we don't get a Ninetales v2.0..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back