The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire

Currently working on my own dual screen script.
Menu Layout and Setup is WIP

...A call to arms, soldier...
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:48 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Recently finished all the GUI stuff for Pokémon Chaos.

Spoiler:
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:55 AM
bradosia
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Recently finished all the GUI stuff for Pokémon Chaos.
Wow this is really pleasing for the eye. nice contrast. it really is easy to find everything. keep up the good work
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:01 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Rayquaza. - It looks good. The only thing that is bothering me is the black text on the darker backgrounds. Why not change it to white like in item bag and mart screen?
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
Rayquaza. - It looks good. The only thing that is bothering me is the black text on the darker backgrounds. Why not change it to white like in item bag and mart screen?
I aim to once I have tweeked the scripts a bit.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Here are some more screens from my project showing off some of the new scripted features, as well as showing some tiles from the one and only forest in the game!

More info can be found on my deviantArt.

Please do not steal anything from this screen. It is all custom and 100% scratch. I made everything here. They are NOT public, and for use in my project Pokemon Tellurium ONLY.

Credit to Luka-SJ for the scripts!
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire

Nothing amazing, like the post above me.
But I'm making my own tiles and testing them out.

Opinions?
Soil and Grass are both WIPs

...A call to arms, soldier...
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Grass looks good but soil totally requires a change.

I've made some Little GUI changes still WIP. Criticism and opinions appreciated.

I'm trying to make the windowskin more detail better and like x and y.
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

From Top left to Top Right, then second row:
-100% Functional Pokemon Center (No Wifi yet)
-Correct animations for Healing, including nurse bowing (also, PCC)
-Your mother reminiscing
-A School classroom. It's not yours!
-A very accurate Pokemart GUI. The money window is bigger than the one in GSC for font reasons
-A bathroom in your room
-The Secretary enjoying his gameboy color
-You unveiling your new Pokemon, and trying to recall him.

This is one of my oldest projects being remade and drastically changed in storyline.

Old June 27th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post

Nothing amazing, like the post above me.
But I'm making my own tiles and testing them out.

Opinions?
Soil and Grass are both WIPs
its a solid start, the grass is too static, its all the same, it needs some variety, maybe some lighter patches and darker patches all around the standard green (if you get what i mean)
like you have a standard green color, but theres the lighter patch, maybe make a few varying tiles where it has a different pattern, some as light, others darker, etc

as for the soil it needs a color change, it looks weird with 2 colors. Take a look at actual ingame tiles for a reference; but its a good start. The fence is a little weird, if you changed it a bit so it connects to the next one, and flip the existing one so it goes up and down in a zig-zag i think it might look better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post

From Top left to Top Right, then second row:
-100% Functional Pokemon Center (No Wifi yet)
-Correct animations for Healing, including nurse bowing (also, PCC)
-Your mother reminiscing
-A School classroom. It's not yours!
-A very accurate Pokemart GUI. The money window is bigger than the one in GSC for font reasons
-A bathroom in your room
-The Secretary enjoying his gameboy color
-You unveiling your new Pokemon, and trying to recall him.

This is one of my oldest projects being remade and drastically changed in storyline.
This looks really cool, I like how you're sticking to the gen 1 and 2 graphics and design, it looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppooookkkkkkk View Post
Spoiler:

I've made some Little GUI changes still WIP. Criticism and opinions appreciated.

I'm trying to make the windowskin more detail better and like x and y.
I dont get it...um, the color scheme on the pokemon summary page clashes with some text, and the type boxes look weird and done wrong, theres little squares on the edges that arent the same color, and it looks like you forgot to make them transparent
the white on yellow on the battle screen clashes; it looks weird, and i dont like how it goes off screen like that with the lv #
keep working on it, if what i see is correct it looks like depending on the move's type it has a different background, thats pretty cool
overall just change the colors so the text doesnt get lost in all of your customization

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

I haven't done this in a long time.
Just a little teaser of what I'm working on. This screenshot is taken solely to be displaying the new tile-style I came up with, and to show the HUD I made. Please do not use any of the content. It is strictly private. All the elements within this screenshot are 100% custom, made by me.
Old June 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Riansky
Purr

Luka go away! You're not supposed to post such awesomnes in here! That looks fabolous as hell as I said many times. Loving the HUD, tiles and everything, I wonder how the character will look like, Best of luck!
Old June 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

I got a little exited because of my feels for the Sinnoh region, so I went ahead and mapped, fully evented, and tested Spear Pillar for Zircon! Everything works and the ability to travel to the Distortion/Reverse/Torn World has been implemented. I originally had Giratina in its Altered Forme, but I was convinced to put in Giratina's dimension.

As per Cynthia tradition, expect her to stalk you throughout the region.

Old June 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
its a solid start, the grass is too static, its all the same, it needs some varisbe some lighter patches and darker patches all around the standard green (if you get what i mean)
like you have a standard green color, but theres the lighter patch, maybe make a few varying tiles where it has a different pattern, some as light, others darker, etc

as for the soil it needs a color change, it looks weird with 2 colors. Take a look at actual ingame tiles for a reference; but its a good start. The fence is a little weird, if you changed it a bit so it connects to the next one, and flip the existing one so it goes up and down in a zig-zag i think it might look better

This looks really cool, I like how you're sticking to the gen 1 and 2 graphics and design, it looks great!

I dont get it...um, the color scheme on the pokemon summary page clashes with some text, and the type boxes look weird and done wrong, theres little squares on the edges that arent the same color, and it looks like you forgot to make them transparent
the white on yellow on the battle screen clashes; it looks weird, and i dont like how it goes off screen like that with the lv #
keep working on it, if what i see is correct it looks like depending on the move's type it has a different background, thats pretty cool
overall just change the colors so the text doesnt get lost in all of your customization
Is the pokemon summary screen color's contrast good? Meaning does Purple look good wih green?
I will change summary color once I'm home. I'll tweak dem scripts.

Due to too much anti aliasing in the type boxes I forgot to remove the edges, will do once I get home.

Now for the Post above me.

Happy with cynthia's appearance as she is my favourite character from pokemo as well as her garchomp.

Last edited by ppooookkkkkkk; June 27th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old June 30th, 2013, 04:15 AM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

I've changed my summary text, working on other things.

Criticsm appreciated, plese tell me if the Colors look good with each other or not.
Old June 30th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote:

Criticsm appreciated, plese tell me if the Colors look good with each other or not.
That's a lot better. The only thing that is bugging me are the graphics of the types of the Pokémon. They look out of place because they are glossy and the rest of the design is flat.
Old June 30th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:

If you were going for sinister, then you've managed it. It just seems like a recolour for the sake of it, rather than trying to make it look good. The same goes even more so for your battle screen (and the Gen 5 battle bases for the sake of newer graphics rather than using the much superior ones that Essentials came with).
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Just showing off the Options menu I made. Screen resizing works perfectly:

Feedback would be appreciated. I have limited space to work with but I'm happy to hear suggestions.

Old June 30th, 2013, 09:51 AM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Nature: Relaxed
Gonna quickly show off an event in the beginning of the game.

Feedback and constructive criticism would be great. Any suggestions are good at that moment.
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
If you were going for sinister, then you've managed it. It just seems like a recolour for the sake of it, rather than trying to make it look good. The same goes even more so for your battle screen (and the Gen 5 battle bases for the sake of newer graphics rather than using the much superior ones that Essentials came with).
Here I have smoothened and edited some aspects of the summary screen:

I'm keeping the gen 5 battle bg's as I see nothing wrong with them, as I don't have a graphic designer to design me some custom ones so.

Nuzamaki:

The tiles look great they produce the pseudo 3d effect, also I like the GUI.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:09 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:

Not to make it seem like I'm showing off or anything but you really have just recoloured it and put a new background in which doesn't suit the style.

I must apologize for using one of my own but here I have not simply recoloured the image but reinvented the style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
Gonna quickly show off an event in the beginning of the game.

Feedback and constructive criticism would be great. Any suggestions are good at that moment.
This looks really great now that it doesn't look resized like the last one. I love the iterface at the bottom of the screen but I don't think that the tiles mix well with the sprite style simply because it isn't isometric.

Now onto my screens:

Spoiler:

I have a new evolution interface as well as a new starter selection interface and sequence.

Last edited by Rayquaza.; July 2nd, 2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:16 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Not to make it seem like I'm showing off or anything but you really have just recoloured it and put a new background in which doesn't suit the style.

I must apologize for using one of my own but here I have not simply recoloured the image but reinvented the style.
I'm not the best with graphics, but how is your "new" summary screen not simply a recolour of the Essentials one? Are you referring to the metallic streaks over it? In any case, it's also dark and sinister when it really doesn't need to be (not to mention any black text is hard to read).
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I'm not the best with graphics, but how is your "new" summary screen not simply a recolour of the Essentials one? Are you referring to the metallic streaks over it? In any case, it's also dark and sinister when it really doesn't need to be (not to mention any black text is hard to read).
The black text has been fixed as I updated the image 1 minute after your post. I mean that the whole style has been changed. The reason it still resembles that of the essentials one is because changing the position of the text is a difficult job resulting in many errors for the inexperienced scripter.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:18 AM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
The black text has been fixed as I updated the image 1 minute after your post. I mean that the whole style has been changed. The reason it still resembles that of the essentials one is because changing the position of the text is a difficult job resulting in many errors for the inexperienced scripter.
It resembles the default essentials one, because it's a recolour... Nothing of the design other than the colours have changed.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
It resembles the default essentials one, because it's a recolour... Nothing of the design other than the colours have changed.
By redesign I mean restyle.

Sponsored Links