Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page Heart of Soul [OOC/SU]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old June 28th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Queen of the Clouds

OH I see. That's where the picture you used for your character comes from.

Credit: Google and Tove Lo.
Old June 28th, 2013 (04:45 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
yea i looked at a website with a database of a lot of anime characters, specified what I had in mind, and went with that guy.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old June 28th, 2013 (04:48 PM).
Queen of the Clouds

Just a question for the GM. Do the spells the familiar knows are spells that are needed to be used in unison with the character? Or are they separate? And for the character spells, does the same thing apply?

Credit: Google and Tove Lo.
Old June 28th, 2013 (05:24 PM).

Nature: Jolly
I'm not sure what exactly what you mean(your wording kind of confused me lol), but the Familiar's Spells can be completely different from the Reaper. Only thing is, that the Elemental Affinities are the same.
Old June 28th, 2013 (05:50 PM). Edited June 30th, 2013 by TornZero.
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
1) I love Hacker's Keyboard. I was able to do all the stuff I needed from my phone.

2) I did go over my character with Jegretis in PMs for his approval before I submitted it.

3)

Spoiler:
REAPER

Name: Kallen Benzel

Appearance: As a paralegal, Kallen wore an average black and blue business suit that fit his skinny-built 6' frame, and his dirt brown hair reached to his ears, framing his light green eyes and wide smile. He carried himself confidently and with a light step, and one of his coworkers made the observation that it looked like Kallen was walking on air despite the professional dress.

Since he became a Reaper and gave up his job, he's gone to some of his more casual clothes: some old black jeans that hang against his waist, a gray American Eagle T-shirt with the collar ripped off so it looks like it'll fall off his shoulder, a white hoodie with various pastel stains everywhere on it, and some black and white DC sneakers that haven't seen much, if any wear. His hair's grown, too, most notably in front of his face. Unless he pulls it back, it covers his eyes pretty heavily. (He can still see, but he also covers the top half of his face with his hood quite a lot, so people can only see a light grin.)

In and around his pants, a Samsung Galaxy Note II and a PS Vita can be found. He keeps his work contracts (collateral damage for killing demons, y'see) on the former, and the PS Vita is kept around for long travel times. He also has a backpack for his money, spare clothes, gadget chargers for when the portable charger on his wrist isn't available or necessary, and plenty of games.

Nature/Element: Empty

History: Kallen had a pretty good life, in the eyes of his friends and family at least. He was good-looking, spoke English and French, had a $25/hr job as a paralegal at an upstart law firm, a beautiful girlfriend of four years that he was planning to marry the next month, and a modest apartment that he was using while the two saved up to have a house built in the Seattle area where the firm was based. Before that, he was an avid RPG player, and he learned plenty of life skills from the games he played. Nothing in his life could have been better (except maybe the neighbors across his apartment, but that wasn't going to be that way forever), and it seemed like Kallen discovered some form of happiness.

Problems? Of course he had problems. For months, Kallen suffered through night terrors, waking up and sweating profusely. Some nights he tried to just not sleep, and it almost cost him his job if it weren't for his therapist's assistance.

Prescribed with anti-depressants and sleep aids, his nightmares started getting more vivid, but the clarity made them easier to swallow. Things became more detailed and easier to process, but it was no better when he realized some kind of monster was chasing him, and he was getting weaker in the dreams.

Eventually, the beast disappeared from his thoughts, and his girlfriend left with no explanation. It wasn't until a week later that he encountered both again, during the bike ride home from work. Kallen felt weak at first, like he did in the dreams, then the monster arrived.

Kallen was struck off of his bike, and he could feel his spirit being drained away as he was caught in a corner. Before he lost consciousness, though, he saw his girlfriend again. He didn't know it, but she was a Reaper, and the appearance of the lost soul from his dreams in the real world had drawn her away. She cut it down, but Kallen's little remaining life was fading.

The last thing he remembered seeing was a figure lying against his chest. He can't remember the figure's face, and it still hurts his head to try. Most of his memories from recent years had been screwed with, too. The same figure was where someone recognizable should have been. Their smile, their laugh, their black hair swaying in the wind and bright blue eyes shining against the sun, it all should have been familiar, but his head just hurt too much to remember. His only consolation was the appearance of an affectionate young lady calling herself Rosa.

He became a Reaper when he woke up in his bedroom two days later, getting a phone call from a "Lucid One", as they referred to themselves. It was simple, for the most part: neutralize a demon or lost soul at least once a week (using the mysterious girl as a weapon), obey the requests made by the Lucid, and he was given an explanation on everything else he needed to know, like terminology.

He accepted this without issue; he wondered if he could get some answers about his memories if he got on the Lucids' good sides. To accomplish the task placed on him, Kallen withdrew all of the savings from his account, coming up to about $200,000 (his family and friends had helped add to the pool in exchange for being able to use Kallen's pool), and became a traveling exorcist under the name Kal, with the shape-shifting girl at his side.

Personality: Kallen is arguably one of the most upstanding men someone could meet. He happily donated spare time to the soup kitchen (though he can't cook to save his life), was a hoot at work, and he did his best to make friends with everyone -- he didn't give up until someone liked his company, but he knew not to pry. His girlfriend hated the fact that he didn't find anything wrong with her and that they never got in fights like a normal couple, but she loved the little times that Kallen was awkward or klutzy. He just didn't talk as much as others; he kind of just waited for perfect moments to speak while he listened, but that worked for him. It still does. He spends his time looking for people to assist, and demons to slay, but he always talks when he finds the perfect line or witty retort to get a reaction.

Kallen is organized, educated, quick to think of solutions, (almost) always looking on the bright side, and admittedly pretty gullible if he thinks something makes enough sense. He's open to new things, and it's not easy to get him angry with others -- very adaptable and eager to please. Oh, and he hates green food.

Since his initiation as a Reaper, Kallen's embraced the duty of striking down demons, and he even enjoys it -- not sadistically so. Aside from when he has to be Professional Exorcist, Kallen feels like he can treat it like a game of sorts, being the main character facing his own mortality and giving himself challenges. Anything to really motivate him and give him some more personal enjoyment while he saves lives and kicks demon ass. (It's how he got through boredom during his last job; he liked to think that when he became a lawyer, he would be more like the characters from Ace Attorney. He liked to dream he could shout the iconic "OBJECTION!" and someone in the court, preferably the judge or jury, would pick up on it.)

Out of everything, though, his missing memories still haunt him, and he keeps hoping that the Lucid (or even Rosa) can enlighten him about them.

Spells: Since he has no soul of his own anymore, Kallen is unable to use magic himself, and has no personal affinity with any element. Instead, he relies on Rosa for this purpose.

FAMILIAR

Name: Rosa

Element: Dark

Appearance
Spoiler:

Personality: Rosa's a very playful and caring Familiar -- childish even, as she can be entertained by some of the simplest things. However, she's actually pretty knowledgeable about some of the monsters Kallen encounters‚ and it's one of the few times she considers being serious.

She giggles and laughs at the things he does, and her smile is usually only replaced by an inquisitive look or an exaggerated frown when Kallen's oblivious about something she says. Not just out of self-preservation, she can get protective of Kallen around regular humans, too. Kallen can't understand why, though.

Default Spirit Weapon Form: Rosa doesn't look like a weapon, but like a white wing. Not two wings; just one, hovering against Kallen's right shoulder blade. She can either cover him like a cloak, or extend out to twice his arm span, and everything in between. Outside of battle they can keep themselves afloat and the like, but it doesn't exactly enable flight.

Totem: Rosa's Totem is simply a tangible version of how she normally looks, and she returns to this state as much as she can.

Spells
  • Aegis (Light): At least for what she encompasses, Rosa simply can't be penetrated. Of course, anything the wing doesn't cover is still vulnerable, and Kallen can't counter at the same time, but as long as her Mana reserves last, she can keep Kallen safe from nearly any form of offense.
  • Feather Barrage (Wind): Detaching the feathers from her wings and firing them off, Rosa uses them like needles.
  • Delimiter (Dark): Pouring some of Rosa's Mana into Kallen, his physical capabilities are increased greatly by disabling the limits of his brain on his body, and his sense of pain is dulled. While he's incredibly fast, strong and has an even faster intellect to match, he feels all the damage he's taken when the spell wears off.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old June 28th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
Paper plane~
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
seems interesting,i might join that if i worked on a character sooner..nice!

Old June 28th, 2013 (06:43 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Jayce and Kallen are probably going to fight over the "Travelling exorcist" mostly because Jayce doesn't see it as a job, more as a purpose.

Old June 29th, 2013 (09:07 AM).

@TornZero: You are accepted.

As soon as we hit 8 players, I think I will start the RP. If if seems to be more people want to join, I may extend the number of players.
Old June 29th, 2013 (07:23 PM).
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
I believe I've covered everything in my sign up. If something needs to be clarified, let me know.

Old June 29th, 2013 (10:23 PM).
sonic the monkey
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to doge
Finally done with my SU! :p Let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed or anything of the sort.
Old June 30th, 2013 (12:34 AM).

Is Kallen the only one without a flying beast for a Familiar?

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old June 30th, 2013 (10:23 AM).

@Fuyu: You are accepted.

@-Sam: You are also accepted.

Welcome to the RP.

Also, yeah, I noticed nearly all of us have bird-like Familiars lol. It's not really a problem though, just peculiar.
Old July 4th, 2013 (08:16 PM).

Jeez, accept a couple players and it suddenly stops getting posts. Let's get some people in here!

Old July 4th, 2013 (08:18 PM).

Yeah lol, I've been waiting patiently. But we almost have enough players. I would say 2-4 more will be good.
Old July 5th, 2013 (01:43 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

You could submit now probably. I mean since this is somewhat of a sandbox, people will probably join midgame. Also you may want to have a party, with lots of grass and lamps. That'll get attention

Old July 5th, 2013 (02:19 PM).

Well, it's not exactly sandbox. Like I said, only the first tiny bit is, but after that it gets slightly more linear. But yeah, I'll prolly just submit.
Old July 9th, 2013 (02:14 PM).

We must have some sort of beach party to draw in custo—I mean, players!

Old July 9th, 2013 (06:53 PM). Edited July 13th, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
SIGN-UP:

Name: Shear Smith (no real last name, he just makes one up for formal stuff because he's lazy, usually Smith)

Appearance: Shear stands at an intimidating 6'5, his affinity for light stands out in the fact the he is completely incapable of tanning his fairly pale skin, and his hair is always a pure golden blond that seems to glow faintly and his dazzling green eyes are very reflective. Shear can't stand the contradiction that despite the fact that he's big, strong, and sometimes mean his features could only be described as beautiful, if still masculine. Shear has the musculature of a man twice his girth but it barely shows when he's not using it, just enough for someone to know he works out and that's about it, but defines itself clearly when he is exerting himself. Shear tends to dress in black baggy pants with a lot of pockets white sneakers, a plain black muscle shirt and a white hoody with gold colored draw strings and zipper, that is also crimson on the inside and has black stripes on the left arm. his face tends to be dirty sometimes because he doesn't like to be in his apartment and so doesn't wash his face as often as he'd like (Although he never seems to stink, that pisses him off too, he sees it as effeminate) Despite the fact that he is fairly sloppy as far as cleanliness goes he always keeps his jacket spotless and is extremely protective of it. Shear also wears a chain necklace with his totem hanging from it. Shear's top canines always look like a hybrid between what they should be, and a cat's fangs, being longer, sharper and slightly more curved than a human's ever since his 18th birthday.

Nature/Element: Light

History: Shear was born in the city and has dealt with people his whole life, although he'd prefer not to. Shear was one of the rare cases of someone being born as a reaper, although he had no idea until the first time he cast a spell(see last paragraph). Shear first began to notice Kerayle when he was about 6 years old, back when he always looked like a kitten and immediately loved him, playing with him whenever he could. His parents assumed Kerayle was imaginary because Shear didn't have the power or the knowledge to manifest him yet, and so got him a real kitten to keep their son sane. Of course Shear had nowhere near the connection to the cat that he had to Kerayle, he thought it was adorable but whenever Shear tried to play with it Kerayle got jealous and scratched his arms, leading his parents to believe he had a more sinister feeling towards the real cat than indifference and that he got scratched because he was treating it badly, until finally the cat officially became his mother's and she took care of it.

Shear wasn't antisocial, but he still didn't have many friends at school, he just didn't click with people...and of course the other kids found it weird that every once in a while he would stare at the sun for no reason and it didn't seem to hurt his eyes. Before long Shear got in fights with some of the other boys, specifically a couple of bullies who picked on weaker children because they knew better than to bother him, but Shear couldn't stand to watch anybody be mistreated and before long he began to step in, until the bullies all jumped him at once on the way home from school one day. He actually managed to win the fight, where it really caused trouble was what the bullies told the school and the school told his parents, they weren't angry, they were disturbed because the thing that stood out the most in all their minds were the children's descriptions of the way he smiled throughout the fight and his canines actually looked like a cat's fangs.

Shear's parents began to homeschool him to keep him out of trouble and everything was relatively quiet, they thought he had gotten over his 'imaginary cat' because he had grown wise enough not to give them reason to suspect anymore and before long he moved out and started on his own. Shear went from part time job to part time job for a while like any teenager without a family business or college until the day he saw something really strange. There was a girl standing in the middle of the street crying, before Shear could say anything a car seemed to hit her...but in fact went through her and she didn't react to anything around her until she saw a little girl not unlike herself being picked up by her father and cheering happily. At the joyous sight the little girl screamed "NO! Don't trust him! They're all liars! You stay away from her I won't let you touch her!" Sobbing all the while the little girl grew bigger and began to change until she looked like the silhouette of a large wolf with glowing read eyes and leapt at the father. Before Shear had any idea what was going on even as he felt the cheap necklace he had gotten from a weird traveling market shaking like crazy until he saw the most glorious white tiger leap at the beast and knock it away from the man and his daughter, who seemed not to notice the disturbance. Shear was still just watching the whole exchange like a slack-jawed idiot until the tiger looked at him and roared as he simultaneously heard a familiar voice in his head. Fool! What are you doing? Don't just watch these people die! Help me free this poor lost soul "Kerayle...is that you?" No time to talk! hurry up and do what you've known you needed to all along! Before Shear could ask what he meant Kerayle disappeared in a flash of light and left behind a peculiar sword, it was very much like a scimitar, except the guard was a tuft of the softest white fur, the pommel was an emerald that seemed to contain it's own flameless light source, and the edge of the blade was where the spine would normally be, tapering to much more of a point at the end (I don't think I need to explain the theme anymore XD) And all of a sudden Shear felt like he knew exactly what to do-like he HAD known for years.

Of course knowing what he had to do doesn't mean Shear had the expertise to back it up, he mindlessly ran at the monster and swung the sword as hard as he could, but was easily dodged. The only reason the beast didn't immediately counterattack and kill him on the spot was because although it dodged the strike, the blade of the sword emanated an arc of light tracing the way Shear had slashed and the wave seemed to destroy the creature completely as well as sprinkle motes of light all over the place. As he sat there, finally realizing he was more than a freak who liked cats, he had a purpose. After the incident, as he learned more about himself and what he was, Shear took on a job as a bouncer at a night club, both fulfilling his violent urges and making some money in one fell swoop.

Personality: Shear's personality is a bit self contradictory at times. He is mostly kind and caring but he also has a snarky attitude and likes to fight although not necessarily to hurt people. He loves animals in general, but especially cats. Shear has a sort of macho attitude, not believing that a man MUST be a manly man but wanting to be one himself, as such he usually tries to keep his love of cats a secret, it is also why he hates his physical appearance besides his size. Even though he is tough and sometimes blunt, Shear actually hates causing others pain, emotional at least, that's why he only fights jerks and when he has too, he is a very gentle person.Despite the fact that he is smart, handsome and tough, Shear has never had any kind of relationship with a woman simply because he doesn't know how to deal with them, his strategy for getting through walls is to smash them but he knows that's not how to treat the dilemma of interacting with women, so they utterly perplex him, especially the beautiful ones, the only thing he understands about them is that he likes them. On the other hand Shear knows exactly how he feels about children, he doesn't like them because of their endless capacity for cruelty and how whiny they tend to be, he refuses to see the good sides of children's psyches. Shear has a great talent for cooking, he figured he loves to eat food, but prefers to be alone and restaurants are expensive, so he taught himself to cook and even though he doesn't go looking for people to hang around with he loves hearing that anybody likes his food, the only downside is everything he cooks tends to revolve around or at least involve cheese.

Spells: Light Spear: Shear can form shafts of solid light which he can throw at amazing speeds, it's power is impressive, but he can only form one at a time and it takes time to throw well and it only goes in a straight line.
Wave Slash: The first spell Shear ever 'learned' coats the edge of his sword in a light that is not quite solid but close, tracing the edge of his slash and going forth from the blade in a wave of light energy. It could be considered an intermediate level spell but he can't use it at will yet and it uses up a lot of mana.
Werelight: Shear can make a small orb of pure light with a certain amount of sentience, pretty much just an intelligent light source.

Other: Glad I got here early enough to be one of the 'Founding members' if that's a good term for it, nice to meet you all and I look forward to this! =D

FAMILIAR SIGN-UP:

Name: Kerayle (Kih-Rail)

Appearance: Kerayle looks like one would expect a white tiger to look, but roughly 1 1/3 times as large as a full grown male, with fur that always glows faintly and green eyes identical to Shear's except for the feline vertical slit of a pupil. He also can appear as a kitten form of his main self.

Personality: Very calm and composed on the outside, usually the voice of reason compared to Shear, but he is easily angered. He has a playful side that can only be brought out by children and very rare circumstances, he either thinks he is a dragon or doesn't know when to let a joke go, because ever since he first introduced himself to Shear he claimed he was a dragon, and still does.

Default Spirit Weapon Form: Think of this But with a guard of fur, an emerald for the pommel and the edge and spine having switched places, described in fairly good detail in the history.

Totem: A small stone Cat's claw hanging from a chain necklace, Shear found it one day when traders from somewhere else were around the market.

Spells: Wave Slash: Like Shear's but with three at once from his claws.

Animal Spirit: Kerayle can take the form of a will-o-wisp to phase through solid objects and light up an area, but he cannot fight in this form.

Sun's Ferocity: Kerayle can amplify the feral presence he carries with him using magic to roar in a way that can intimidate even demons, weaker and weaker with the strength of the enemy down to only a moment of trepidation.
Old July 9th, 2013 (07:13 PM).

Anyone else think the beach party worked?

Old July 9th, 2013 (07:21 PM).

Beach party indeed worked. Sephear, you are accepted!
Old July 9th, 2013 (07:39 PM). Edited July 9th, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Hello Ladies!

Yay! Wait...beach party? ooooooh will there be babes? Because besides the fact that I am a man, and appreciate the female body XD I also would love to see how that would mess up Shear plus swim trunks are super comfy.

Speaking of which, made another tweak to his personality section, I forgot to mention before that he hates to hurt people, it's the fighting part of fighting he likes...if you know what I mean. I can't wait for the RP to start looks like it's gonna be tons of fun, besides I've always wanted a familiar =D

*LE GASP!* Torn you're in Youkai? jealous face, by the time I got back on with my new account and saw it for the first time it was already full and with a BUNCH of posts.
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:44 PM).
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Of course there'll be babes; only very odd feminists hate the exposure of the female body playing volleyball in a bikini on the beach!

I very much understand your explanation, too. It's the violence part, not the injury part that he likes. :D

Oh, yeah, account change, right, forgot for a second. This is TornZero! Okay, now stop paying attention to the account change and get back to watching babes playing volleyball in bikinis on the beach.
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:31 AM).
Hello Ladies!

W00! Too be honest, I don't generally like feminists, a lot of the ones I've seen just plain hate men, like the ones that protested a bunch of guys meeting...just because they were guys.

Yes Ma'am! Don't have to tell me twice! *Ogles the volleyball game*
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:40 AM).
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
To go off-topic for a moment, feminism has divided into various sects and "waves" over the years, and the meaning of the movement has muddied. Nowadays, you'll never find a feminist who simply wants to be treated equally to men in the workplace and in the eye of the law and such, which they still aren't. It's as if all of them are radical in some form, be they simple misandrists, Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists (that's seriously real. Really.), or they could practically be identified as female supremacists.

Basically, "feminism" is really stupid now.
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:45 AM). Edited July 11th, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Hello Ladies!

Like those women who say all say all "Sex" is rape? It's sad to see stuff like that, until I got older I never really even thought about feminism as a concept because growing up my parents taught me to treat anybody with respect unless they give me a reason not to. The only way I treat women differently is I tend to be nice to them, if I may be corny chivalry is alive and strong to me, I like the whole 'hold the door, pull out the chair' thing. Just because I'm a lazy jerk doesn't mean I can't be a gentleman >=)

By the way, what exactly is the deal with your account switch? Because I sent copies of my SU to both you and Beats for approval before posting (Because I had an idea for a starter not on the list, I think you'd like it.) And realized I forgot to put it in my 'sent' folder so I can't send it to this new one.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links