Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 29th, 2013, 07:20 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Nature: Bold
As title says =3=

My favourite attack is Meteor Mash because of it's power, background ,the chance of raising Attack stat and the rarity of this. The only Pokémon can learn it are Metang, Metagross and Clefairy. What your's favourite attack?
Hey guys, I made a soundcloud account not long ago, and I would be very happy if you guys will check it out: https://soundcloud.com/dewombat. Thanks .

Also, if you ever wanted to make a ROM hacking tool, click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334348
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Trinidad
Trinidad

Nature: Quiet
I like hydro pump and sky uppercut mainly because I don't use pokemon that use those moves often
“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”
― Bob Marley
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I'm assuming this was meant for favorite 3rd gen attacks, meaning moves introduced in generation III, but with answers like Splash and Hydro Pump, which are gen I moves, um. Yeah. I'm going to leave it open, but please, list your favorite move introduced in generation III, otherwise your post will be deleted as spam. :)

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
There are a lot of moves introduced in Gen III that impressed me. It was nice to use new flying type moves such as Aerial Ace and Air Cutter over Wing Attack.
I also find Eruption and Water Spout interesting additions, using your own HP to determine the power of the move, it starts off with a hefty 150 base power.
What was really cool was the trio 'elemental hyper beams!' (Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant)...

As for my favorite move though? It would have to be Dive. It lets you explore underwater and I'm surprised the future generations haven't implemented it as much as they could!
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
xGal
du bist n00b

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I'm assuming this was meant for favorite 3rd gen attacks, meaning moves introduced in generation III, but with answers like Splash and Hydro Pump, which are gen I moves, um. Yeah. I'm going to leave it open, but please, list your favorite move introduced in generation III, otherwise your post will be deleted as spam.
Ouch sorry this is my first time posting a thread in this section :-| Thanks for not closing im really appreciating that ;-)
Hey guys, I made a soundcloud account not long ago, and I would be very happy if you guys will check it out: https://soundcloud.com/dewombat. Thanks .

Also, if you ever wanted to make a ROM hacking tool, click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334348
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Definitely Water Spout as it made Kyogre sooo powerful. The only downside is it gets weaker as you lose HP, but at max health this move can quickly hurt the opposing Pokemon. Also I love water types and water moves overall anyways.

"By force of will!"
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Starry Windy
I'm bzzy like a Combee.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I like Arm Thrust, because I like how the attack hits two to five times in a row.
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
On semi-hiatus due to business, but I'll be fully back soon!
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Aerial Ace, because it's now one of the most efficient way to get past annoying evasion spammers. Also it has wide distribution which makes it even more fun to use!
ホウエン地方

battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter
pairs | the welcome lounge | fairy-type club

Old June 30th, 2013, 10:54 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Aerial Ace was always a cool move both when seeing in anime as well to play with
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic. They just really look powerful and I never get bored of the amazing attack animations for these. n~n;

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
One of my favorite attacks that was added to the 3rd Gen was Dive, but mostly for its use outside of battle (and I really wish that RSE weren't the only games to make good use of it). If we're talking about attacks exclusively in battle though, I really loved Leaf Blade. It was one of my Sceptile's best attacks, and I always seemed to have good luck getting critical hits with it, meaning it won me many a battle.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: GHOST // GRASS
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Clemstar

Definitely Leaf Blade. I don't know why but as a kid I thought it was just so overpowered.
3DS Friend Code- 1375 - 8306 - 7472
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:12 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Gotta agree with Cirno too because no move can match the Power of ThunderBolt, Psychic and let's add some more : Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Because whenever i used these moves I always KO-ed by opponents
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:31 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Leaf Blade is one of my favorite attack animations in Gen III, with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump, Earthquake and Flamethrower coming in close. They all have good base power too.

Old July 17th, 2013, 05:14 PM
lmcde22

Water Spout is brilliant! When you combine it with Kyogre's Drizzle ability, at full HP, it has 225 power... and you should all be terrified by that.
To be the best you have to beat the best.
Fire-Type Friend Safari: 3067-5658-5984
PM your FC and Safari Type if you add
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:39 PM
TheKurtzinator
Professional Derp/Trainer

Nature: Lax
Water Spout, Leaf Blade, Blast Burn, and Aerial Ace.
I feel bad for all the kids who didn't get to play Pokemon when they were younger. That would've been a very boring childhood.

My X/Y Shiny Pokemon - Lanturn (1st Shiny Ever!), Basculin, Poliwag, Gyarados, Dragalge, Corsola (Coral Blue #5), Drilbur, Greninja

Pokemon X FC: 1736-1658-9492

Safari Pokemon - (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Dusclops.
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM
nitemate
Don't play Pokemon anymore ...

Nature: Rash
I like pursuit because it can hit a Pokemon trying to flee or switch.
Left Pokemon
Old August 18th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Sneaky Truth

Muddy water, good base power and had the awesome chance of lower their accuracy. The benefit of gen 3 is that it hit both opposing pokemon and left your team mate alone, but it's lower accuracy was enough for me to replace it with surf on my Swampert. It'll always have a place in my heart though.

Explosion was overpowered and cool too
Trophy SHINY Bagon for trade!

Currently looking for:
-Competitive shiny and HA pokemon
-Assault Vest
-Ability Capsule
-Tyranitarite

FC: 1993-8587-9003
PM me first
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Dragon Dance was my favorite third generation move. It allowed me to increase my attack and speed power, which made my physical moves a lot stronger than they already were. Aromatherapy was my favorite as well, because it cured all of my Pokémon's status problems. Aerial Ace, Focus Punch, Fake Out, Superpower, and Trick were also my favorite battling moves. Outside of battle, my favorite move was Dive. It was very fun to explore the sea underwater. =)
for all distractions.
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:40 AM
mwuzatm

When i was a kid i remember getting my blaziken to learn mirror move and i loved that so much, then when i learned Fearow could learn it too, everytime i replayed FR/LG i would say Screw pidgey, I want a spearow!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:50 AM
rxyquaza

Sky Uppercut and Meteor Mash were my favourites, hands down!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:03 AM
AmourPearlShipper
Caution: Drunken people crossing

Meteor Mash because of its 100 base power and a 20% chance to raise Metagross/Clefable's attack, as well as its cool animation.
Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice.
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | Infernape in Ubers (peaked at #35!)
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Dark Zapdos
Arose from Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Like others said leafblade, allways got me out of tough situations.
Add my FC: 2981-6333-4535 pm yours so I can add you back thanks
FIRE TYPE Safari with, Braixen Charmeleon and Ponyta
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Leaf Blade is a very nice move, though it has a very poor distribution in Gen III, with only the Treecko evolution family able to use it in those games.

Doom desire is arguably the coolest looking move, though it's not practical move most of the time and you can never see the move in normal circumstances. Same goes for Psycho boost . Meteor Mash has a nice animation, too, though again it suffers from poor distrubution.
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Leaf Blade goes over by as nice. I think more Pokémon should have been able to use it, however. It struck me as my decent-power-decent-accuracy-decent-PP move. However, looking at my Venusaur, I had to struggle along with Razor Leaf. So I really did want more Pokémon to learn it.
~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links