The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
There are many Pokemon Ash will never be able to obtain. Thinking about it, Ash only captures six to ten Pokemon in one region. Each time they are mostly starters or Pokemon according to type. So, in your opinion what are some Pokemon, besides legendary Pokemon, that Ash can never hope to obtain and why?

In my opinion, Ash will never obtain another Dragon type. He has one. I dobut he'll ever obtain one again because it'll make him too poweful. He also won't get a Ghost type because it doesn't suit his style. Another Pokemon I doubt Ash will ever get is another Pikachu or another electric type. He has Pikachu as his Electric type, so he won't obtain another.

Now, discuss.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:45 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
i think the way the story of ash is set up is actually quite clever. now i cannot really comment because i only have seen season I II & III back to back. but from memory. he must be.. 12..? 13..? maybe older. but i think that the creators are playing at this. that way. for example, in 5 years or so. when he's 17-18 he will start to get better at he's pokemon collecting. and actually get more serious about the whole idea of being a pokemon master. but back on topic. (haha) i don't think he will ever have a eevee.. which is kind of disappointing.
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin

I can tell you one he'll never own even though there's potential: Garchomp. Because it's just way too powerful. I mean, Ash would just be unstoppable with it.
And after they way they had to limit Charizard so much with its disobedience, then send it away (although it's come back on occasion, including apparently in BW? I stopped watching after the first few episodes).
So I seriously doubt they'd ever let Gible evolve any further than Gabite. And if they did they'd probably completely destroy his usefulness somehow.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:21 AM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
i couldn't realistically see ash with any sort of psychic, dark, or ghost types because it wouldnt be like him to do so. i really wish hed taken his gible to unova as well to get garchomp, he probably would win the unova league with that thing.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Khrysta

Ash has had a Ghost type in the past though. It may have been unofficial but he has owned a Haunter.

Scraggy is Dark Type.

Honestly I can see Ash catching anything. We've seen him catch Pokemon that go a completely different route than what he usually deals with. They tend to disrespect or just don't listen to him. He eventually wins them over and they start to listen to him or he changes his tactics to fit that one specific Pokemon.

So really with writer's being as enigmatic as they always are I can see Ash with roughly any Pokemon seeing as he can have any Pokemon should the writers want to give him one.
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

oh i forgot about scraggy's dual fighting and dark type, however he never actually caught haunter or even battled with it, it ran away from both battles he tried to use it in so that doesn't really count in my book.
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Ash has had a Ghost type in the past though. It may have been unofficial but he has owned a Haunter.

Scraggy is Dark Type.

Honestly I can see Ash catching anything. We've seen him catch Pokemon that go a completely different route than what he usually deals with. They tend to disrespect or just don't listen to him. He eventually wins them over and they start to listen to him or he changes his tactics to fit that one specific Pokemon.

So really with writer's being as enigmatic as they always are I can see Ash with roughly any Pokemon seeing as he can have any Pokemon should the writers want to give him one.
I mostly agree with what Xander said here, Ash did train a Ghost-type at one point (the aforementioned Haunter) but has not yet officially had a Ghost-type as a permanent team member. He also hasn't caught any Psychic or Steel-types yet but remember when the Sinnoh saga gave him his first Dragon-type (Gible) while his hatching of Scraggy in Unova marked the first time he (or in fact, any main character) has owned a Dark-type, and also his capture of Roggenrola marked the first time he officially caught a Rock-type, so there may be a possibility in the X & Y saga that he might eventually own a Pokemon of the types that he hasn't yet owned.

As for types I don't see him catching, I probably guess Ghost since they don't really suit him imo.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old May 30th, 2013, 12:23 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Ash has been shown never obtaining a Psychic or a Ghost type or even a Dark type. Seeing these pokes are often creepy and young kids could never like them. So he will never have one. I remember he has not have a proper Dragon type too. That Gible in Sinnoh has not been shown much again and it had not even shown evolving for some special event
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Stevemagegod

I can't see him getting a pure fighting type Pokemon as a main member of the team. Because he all ready had Primmate all the way back in season 1. (Yes i know that was a long ass time ago).
Old June 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM
bulbasir
Just call me Mr. Sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:batto:. View Post
i think the way the story of ash is set up is actually quite clever. now i cannot really comment because i only have seen season I II & III back to back. but from memory. he must be.. 12..? 13..? maybe older. but i think that the creators are playing at this. that way. for example, in 5 years or so. when he's 17-18 he will start to get better at he's pokemon collecting. and actually get more serious about the whole idea of being a pokemon master. but back on topic. (haha) i don't think he will ever have a eevee.. which is kind of disappointing.
The creators of the show have set it up so that Ash doesn't age, even though a passage of time is clear
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
XmarkXalanX
Shadow Master

Nature: Quiet
I think, if anything, Psychic. In X/Y, he'll almost definitely obtain a Fairy-type, just because it's a new type and they would want to showcase it as much as possible.
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:41 PM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm
Ash won't obtain another electric type, since he has Pikachu. Besides that I think it would quite be possible form him to obtain any type besides electric but the "evil" ones wouldn't be used as often (I remember Ash using Muk like one or two times and poison = evil, for some reason)

Him getting a fairy type seems pretty reasonable and maybe the first fight with it would be against some dragon type, simply to show off their "mythical power" xD

Old June 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
MantisboyN

I guess the general agreement is on Ghost type, then.. I agree, mostly. The only way I can see him using a ghost would be if it was a particularly goofy one. Haunter was a good example of what I mean (but he never actually "caught" it, so I discount it). He most certainly will not go for an intimidating ghost type, Dusklops, for example, would never happen.
I could see him getting a Steel type, no problem. I think a Mawile would fit him pretty well, at least in terms of "style". But if he gets one, it would probably be one from 6th gen. Steel/Fairy type?
Old June 26th, 2013, 08:04 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

I can't really see ash with a fairy type unless its paired with another type. Maybe they'll give the fairy type to the girl companion in X and Y. Also can't see Ash with a fully evolved Dragon type. Feels like it would be too powerful for Ash. Doesn't fit his style of using weak unevolved pokemon and winning.
Old June 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
S[he] Be[lie]ve[d]

I don't think he'll ever get a ghost type.
Old June 27th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Draco Razr
Elite Dragon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude18 View Post
i couldn't realistically see ash with any sort of psychic, dark, or ghost types because it wouldnt be like him to do so. i really wish hed taken his gible to unova as well to get garchomp, he probably would win the unova league with that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Ash has been shown never obtaining a Psychic or a Ghost type or even a Dark type. Seeing these pokes are often creepy and young kids could never like them. So he will never have one. I remember he has not have a proper Dragon type too. That Gible in Sinnoh has not been shown much again and it had not even shown evolving for some special event

Not only Scraggy but he caught Krokorok which has evolved into Krookodile so Ash does have a dark type Pokemon, one he received as an egg and another he caught. It would great if Ash can catch one of each type. His team was really good in the Sinnoh League, being placed Top 4. But we are still waiting for Ghost, Psychic, Steel and Fairy.

Feel free to chat/message me anytime, I love to talk!

Old June 29th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
Obviously Ash won't catch another Electric type because of his Pikachu, so it's still possible for him to catch a Psychic type, a Fairy type, and a Ghost type (officially) in the next region now that he caught his first Rock type, Roggenrola, and his first two Dark types, Scraggy and Krookodile.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:36 PM
man of steel

Nature: Bashful
I never new ash had a dragon type pokemon!
but I really loved it when couldn't control Charizard, and lost the emm first league(don't know if that's what they call it) because of it. ash losing made me sad, extremely sad, but it also made it feel much real, and much more connected to the character, I don't want always winning, I want ash to be one of us, we sometimes lose and sometimes win, life. (I always get out off topic lol)

ash would never catch emmm rock, psychic, and dark (but then again, I only watched the first season so, what do I know right ;p)

FC: 4441 - 9051 - 9936 Superman X
X team: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Charizard X, & Lapras.

PM me and let me know if you added me, thanks
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:25 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
Quote:
Originally Posted by man of steel View Post
ash would never catch emmm rock, psychic, and dark (but then again, I only watched the first season so, what do I know right ;p)
Ash had caught a Roggenrola already so he has Rock type Pokémon, Ash would never own a Venusaur, Blastoise, Shamurott, Serperior, Ferrarigator, and many more fully evolved forms of his unevolved Pokémon, he wouldn't even catch a Raichu for sure XD :p :D

Old June 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Nature: Quiet
Uhm, I would say a Meowth, Weezing & Arbok. Just because Team Rocket used them. That's just a guess
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

its kinda surprising that everyone forgets that ash has gible so ya never know he might have a garchomp one day
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:30 PM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Nature: Naughty
Any legendaries. And almost all the fully evolved starters.
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Aloasa
BRAINS!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Aloasa Send a message via Skype™ to Aloasa
Raichu.... Venosaur.....Blastoise.... garchomp........I'll come up with more later
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:07 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by man of steel View Post
I never new ash had a dragon type pokemon!
but I really loved it when couldn't control Charizard, and lost the emm first league(don't know if that's what they call it) because of it. ash losing made me sad, extremely sad, but it also made it feel much real, and much more connected to the character, I don't want always winning, I want ash to be one of us, we sometimes lose and sometimes win, life. (I always get out off topic lol)

You forgot to see that Ash had obtained a Gible (Part Dragon) so how can you say he haven't obtained any dragon type???
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Never say never. The series with Ash as a main protagonist will most likely never end. It's disappointing, but true.

I think the only thing we can rule out are legendaries. Even then, there may be a point, a dozen seasons from now where he befriends on to the point he uses a pokeball.

...although I suppose it's safe to rule-out things like Koffing, Ekans, and Meowth.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links