The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Gleam Noiyam's Avatar
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Inside a Snowglobe.
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
There are many Pokemon Ash will never be able to obtain. Thinking about it, Ash only captures six to ten Pokemon in one region. Each time they are mostly starters or Pokemon according to type. So, in your opinion what are some Pokemon, besides legendary Pokemon, that Ash can never hope to obtain and why?

In my opinion, Ash will never obtain another Dragon type. He has one. I dobut he'll ever obtain one again because it'll make him too poweful. He also won't get a Ghost type because it doesn't suit his style. Another Pokemon I doubt Ash will ever get is another Pikachu or another electric type. He has Pikachu as his Electric type, so he won't obtain another.

Now, discuss.
__________________
She had gold hair the color of money and red eyes, the color of blood.
Oxidation--resident darkness angel. Pairs! Call me: Pala, Yuki or Melissa.
Ever Grande City! #DontBeLikePalamon Anti Colorist.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.




Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:45 AM
.:batto:.'s Avatar
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
i think the way the story of ash is set up is actually quite clever. now i cannot really comment because i only have seen season I II & III back to back. but from memory. he must be.. 12..? 13..? maybe older. but i think that the creators are playing at this. that way. for example, in 5 years or so. when he's 17-18 he will start to get better at he's pokemon collecting. and actually get more serious about the whole idea of being a pokemon master. but back on topic. (haha) i don't think he will ever have a eevee.. which is kind of disappointing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panic Station
Age: 19
I can tell you one he'll never own even though there's potential: Garchomp. Because it's just way too powerful. I mean, Ash would just be unstoppable with it.
And after they way they had to limit Charizard so much with its disobedience, then send it away (although it's come back on occasion, including apparently in BW? I stopped watching after the first few episodes).
So I seriously doubt they'd ever let Gible evolve any further than Gabite. And if they did they'd probably completely destroy his usefulness somehow.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:21 AM
zdude18's Avatar
zdude18
Lone Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
i couldn't realistically see ash with any sort of psychic, dark, or ghost types because it wouldnt be like him to do so. i really wish hed taken his gible to unova as well to get garchomp, he probably would win the unova league with that thing.
__________________
"No need to worry!" -- Dawn
SoulSilver: 4256 2377 0912
Platinum: 3483 1978 7658
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Ash has had a Ghost type in the past though. It may have been unofficial but he has owned a Haunter.

Scraggy is Dark Type.

Honestly I can see Ash catching anything. We've seen him catch Pokemon that go a completely different route than what he usually deals with. They tend to disrespect or just don't listen to him. He eventually wins them over and they start to listen to him or he changes his tactics to fit that one specific Pokemon.

So really with writer's being as enigmatic as they always are I can see Ash with roughly any Pokemon seeing as he can have any Pokemon should the writers want to give him one.
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM
zdude18's Avatar
zdude18
Lone Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
oh i forgot about scraggy's dual fighting and dark type, however he never actually caught haunter or even battled with it, it ran away from both battles he tried to use it in so that doesn't really count in my book.
__________________
"No need to worry!" -- Dawn
SoulSilver: 4256 2377 0912
Platinum: 3483 1978 7658
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Ash has had a Ghost type in the past though. It may have been unofficial but he has owned a Haunter.

Scraggy is Dark Type.

Honestly I can see Ash catching anything. We've seen him catch Pokemon that go a completely different route than what he usually deals with. They tend to disrespect or just don't listen to him. He eventually wins them over and they start to listen to him or he changes his tactics to fit that one specific Pokemon.

So really with writer's being as enigmatic as they always are I can see Ash with roughly any Pokemon seeing as he can have any Pokemon should the writers want to give him one.
I mostly agree with what Xander said here, Ash did train a Ghost-type at one point (the aforementioned Haunter) but has not yet officially had a Ghost-type as a permanent team member. He also hasn't caught any Psychic or Steel-types yet but remember when the Sinnoh saga gave him his first Dragon-type (Gible) while his hatching of Scraggy in Unova marked the first time he (or in fact, any main character) has owned a Dark-type, and also his capture of Roggenrola marked the first time he officially caught a Rock-type, so there may be a possibility in the X & Y saga that he might eventually own a Pokemon of the types that he hasn't yet owned.

As for types I don't see him catching, I probably guess Ghost since they don't really suit him imo.
__________________


paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm


Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:23 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Ash has been shown never obtaining a Psychic or a Ghost type or even a Dark type. Seeing these pokes are often creepy and young kids could never like them. So he will never have one. I remember he has not have a proper Dragon type too. That Gible in Sinnoh has not been shown much again and it had not even shown evolving for some special event
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Stevemagegod
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
I can't see him getting a pure fighting type Pokemon as a main member of the team. Because he all ready had Primmate all the way back in season 1. (Yes i know that was a long ass time ago).
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old June 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM
bulbasir's Avatar
bulbasir
Just call me Mr. Sir...
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:batto:. View Post
i think the way the story of ash is set up is actually quite clever. now i cannot really comment because i only have seen season I II & III back to back. but from memory. he must be.. 12..? 13..? maybe older. but i think that the creators are playing at this. that way. for example, in 5 years or so. when he's 17-18 he will start to get better at he's pokemon collecting. and actually get more serious about the whole idea of being a pokemon master. but back on topic. (haha) i don't think he will ever have a eevee.. which is kind of disappointing.
The creators of the show have set it up so that Ash doesn't age, even though a passage of time is clear
__________________
Where's my pipe...
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
XmarkXalanX's Avatar
XmarkXalanX
Shadow Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I think, if anything, Psychic. In X/Y, he'll almost definitely obtain a Fairy-type, just because it's a new type and they would want to showcase it as much as possible.
__________________
Currently re-working Pokémon Neo Destiny. Thread currently closed at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:41 PM
R.F.'s Avatar
R.F.
Badass Overlord
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Ash won't obtain another electric type, since he has Pikachu. Besides that I think it would quite be possible form him to obtain any type besides electric but the "evil" ones wouldn't be used as often (I remember Ash using Muk like one or two times and poison = evil, for some reason)

Him getting a fairy type seems pretty reasonable and maybe the first fight with it would be against some dragon type, simply to show off their "mythical power" xD
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
MantisboyN
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Gender:
Nature: Sassy
I guess the general agreement is on Ghost type, then.. I agree, mostly. The only way I can see him using a ghost would be if it was a particularly goofy one. Haunter was a good example of what I mean (but he never actually "caught" it, so I discount it). He most certainly will not go for an intimidating ghost type, Dusklops, for example, would never happen.
I could see him getting a Steel type, no problem. I think a Mawile would fit him pretty well, at least in terms of "style". But if he gets one, it would probably be one from 6th gen. Steel/Fairy type?
__________________
I'm really not excited about this...
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old June 26th, 2013, 08:04 AM
TheFuturePokemon's Avatar
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Gender: Male
I can't really see ash with a fairy type unless its paired with another type. Maybe they'll give the fairy type to the girl companion in X and Y. Also can't see Ash with a fully evolved Dragon type. Feels like it would be too powerful for Ash. Doesn't fit his style of using weak unevolved pokemon and winning.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old June 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
S[he] Be[lie]ve[d]'s Avatar
S[he] Be[lie]ve[d]
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Gender: Female
I don't think he'll ever get a ghost type.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old June 27th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Draco Razr's Avatar
Draco Razr
Elite Dragon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude18 View Post
i couldn't realistically see ash with any sort of psychic, dark, or ghost types because it wouldnt be like him to do so. i really wish hed taken his gible to unova as well to get garchomp, he probably would win the unova league with that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Ash has been shown never obtaining a Psychic or a Ghost type or even a Dark type. Seeing these pokes are often creepy and young kids could never like them. So he will never have one. I remember he has not have a proper Dragon type too. That Gible in Sinnoh has not been shown much again and it had not even shown evolving for some special event

Not only Scraggy but he caught Krokorok which has evolved into Krookodile so Ash does have a dark type Pokemon, one he received as an egg and another he caught. It would great if Ash can catch one of each type. His team was really good in the Sinnoh League, being placed Top 4. But we are still waiting for Ghost, Psychic, Steel and Fairy.
__________________




Feel free to chat/message me anytime, I love to talk!

Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Obviously Ash won't catch another Electric type because of his Pikachu, so it's still possible for him to catch a Psychic type, a Fairy type, and a Ghost type (officially) in the next region now that he caught his first Rock type, Roggenrola, and his first two Dark types, Scraggy and Krookodile.
__________________

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:36 PM
man of steel's Avatar
man of steel
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dubai
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
I never new ash had a dragon type pokemon!
but I really loved it when couldn't control Charizard, and lost the emm first league(don't know if that's what they call it) because of it. ash losing made me sad, extremely sad, but it also made it feel much real, and much more connected to the character, I don't want always winning, I want ash to be one of us, we sometimes lose and sometimes win, life. (I always get out off topic lol)

ash would never catch emmm rock, psychic, and dark (but then again, I only watched the first season so, what do I know right ;p)
__________________
Pokemon X & Y
FC: 1950 - 7466 - 5173 Clark Kent Y
Y team: Raichu, Venusaur, Blastoise, Dragonite, Charizard X, & Charizard Y.

FC: 4441 - 9051 - 9936 Superman X
X team: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Charizard X, & Lapras.

PM me and let me know if you added me, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:25 AM
ganesha's Avatar
ganesha
The Graphical Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: India
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
Quote:
Originally Posted by man of steel View Post
ash would never catch emmm rock, psychic, and dark (but then again, I only watched the first season so, what do I know right ;p)
Ash had caught a Roggenrola already so he has Rock type Pokémon, Ash would never own a Venusaur, Blastoise, Shamurott, Serperior, Ferrarigator, and many more fully evolved forms of his unevolved Pokémon, he wouldn't even catch a Raichu for sure XD :p :D
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM
LilJz's Avatar
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Uhm, I would say a Meowth, Weezing & Arbok. Just because Team Rocket used them. That's just a guess
__________________
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
| White FC | Y FC |
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
zdude18's Avatar
zdude18
Lone Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
its kinda surprising that everyone forgets that ash has gible so ya never know he might have a garchomp one day
__________________
"No need to worry!" -- Dawn
SoulSilver: 4256 2377 0912
Platinum: 3483 1978 7658
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:30 PM
TreeKangaroo's Avatar
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The dot of Jupiter
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Any legendaries. And almost all the fully evolved starters.
__________________
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic396668_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Aloasa's Avatar
Aloasa
BRAINS!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Aloasa Send a message via Skype™ to Aloasa
Raichu.... Venosaur.....Blastoise.... garchomp........I'll come up with more later
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:07 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by man of steel View Post
I never new ash had a dragon type pokemon!
but I really loved it when couldn't control Charizard, and lost the emm first league(don't know if that's what they call it) because of it. ash losing made me sad, extremely sad, but it also made it feel much real, and much more connected to the character, I don't want always winning, I want ash to be one of us, we sometimes lose and sometimes win, life. (I always get out off topic lol)

ash would never catch emmm rock, psychic, and dark (but then again, I only watched the first season so, what do I know right ;p)
You forgot to see that Ash had obtained a Gible (Part Dragon) so how can you say he haven't obtained any dragon type???
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Shrew's Avatar
Shrew
is a shrew
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sandgem Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Never say never. The series with Ash as a main protagonist will most likely never end. It's disappointing, but true.

I think the only thing we can rule out are legendaries. Even then, there may be a point, a dozen seasons from now where he befriends on to the point he uses a pokeball.

...although I suppose it's safe to rule-out things like Koffing, Ekans, and Meowth.
__________________
3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
Tradelist
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.