The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
You might wanna check out the Roleplay Library, provided rika keeps it up to date!!

click me for SUPER FAST ACCESS TO LIBRARY!!!
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:15 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
^Or you could do what Skymin says, which is probably much more helpful advice.
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Oh, right I forgot about the library. x3

Just checked the library... Seems to be in need of an update, as it appears to be still in May.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )

Last edited by Nideous; June 30th, 2013 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
Hi everyone. I'm back... Again. x3 And looking for another RP to get into, preferably a pokemon one, of course. Any suggestions that I might want to look at?
SD and I are GMing a Sword Art Online RP c: Skymin and Ichiro left… so there are two open spots~ but since we already have many members, we limited the spots to one open spot.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
Oh, right I forgot about the library. x3

Just checked the library... Seems to be in need of an update, as it appears to be still in May.
As a matter of fact it is up to date as of Two or three days ago. Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers edited the opening post recently to include new rps and exclude dead ones ;)

EDIT: you know what we need a Summer Roleplay Olympics soon. Those were fun last year :P

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; June 30th, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
I really hope my last update, as Lt Col mentions, didn't vanish off the earth xD I'll update it again when I have time. Time is precious these days unfortunately ;; /moans and whines

Quote:
added and took away 26/june/13
Yep, it should be okay! Except for the last update Skymin did yesterday. I'lllll add that in soon.

But yeah, let me know if you think the Library should be ordered in some other way btw. I think the current way is good enough, but.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Last edited by Adventure; June 30th, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old June 30th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
But yeah, let me know if you think the Library should be ordered in some other way btw. I think the current way is good enough, but.
You should split non pokemon Rps into two groups: OTHER and ORIGINAL. That way we can see who has original creations or slightly influenced ones rather than just one big Non Pokemon Rp grouping

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old June 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
So many new Moderators .___.

RHCP is a moderator again too~
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
You should split non pokemon Rps into two groups: OTHER and ORIGINAL. That way we can see who has original creations or slightly influenced ones rather than just one big Non Pokemon Rp grouping
I used to have it that way, but it got really confusing for me trying to figure out what RPs were based on something and what RPs were original. Because the GMs don't always type out what the RP is based off, and even if it's original it might be somewhat inspired by one or several franchises. And really, there are still more RPs about pokémon, and there aren't many RPs at all that are purely original, from what I've gathered?

So until there is some kind of RPC rule that every new RP needs to state in the OP what Library category they want to be listed in, it's a bit too confusing for me or the mods to always know where to add the RP and it's easier and still not as messy to just put it in an "Other" category.

Have I justified that division? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
So many new Moderators .___.

RHCP is a moderator again too~
There's been 4 promotions this last week or so O.o Yeah. And yeah I am~! Not in the Roleplay Corner though. You should all visit Pokémon General whenever you feel bored and want to think about pokaymon!
/even more shameless than usual advertising

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old June 30th, 2013, 02:47 PM
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
Wait, there's another moderator for the RP corner? (flails about)

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old June 30th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

We are four generations of RPC mods here! *starts a party*

Not sure if SwiftSign should count as the same gen as Maddy or the next thooo... Depends if he likes gen III or gen IV best. I get to be gen II, whohoo! The best.

Yeah, reminiscing over. Sorry about that :]

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old June 30th, 2013, 03:03 PM
MichaelaTheUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
We are four generations of RPC mods here! *starts a party*

Not sure if SwiftSign should count as the same gen as Maddy or the next thooo... Depends if he likes gen III or gen IV best. I get to be gen II, whohoo! The best.

Yeah, reminiscing over. Sorry about that :]
Would that make me Gen I? Original 151! Whoo~!

No problem about the reminiscing. It still feels like yesterday to me. (sighs fondly)

Old June 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Haha, well, let's pull some strings and suddenly mod you too and then we can all spazz out and have a RPC party in the mod hangout!

OKAY in other news, I was planning a Johto RP for whenever me moving and stuff calms down, but seeing as two journey like Johto RPs popped up recently and there is another one active already (maybe?) I guess I'd better change region :p Unova, maybe?

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old June 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Nideous

A Unova journey would be nice. Especially if we could use the locations from BLK2. Another nice location would be Hoenn, you don't see too many Hoenn based RPs. Do you have any ideas for the story? Or is that top secret?

Old June 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

I think there are quite a lot of Hoenn RPs actually? Or have been at least. Unova has seen a few but I think Sinnoh is the least used region for RPs, at least journey like ones. Unfortunately I don't know Sinnoh well :>

Yes, I have plot and stuff thought out and the first post written haha. I love to write up first posts and think up plots and mechanics and backgrounds. It's a thing I do when I'm bored, I guess. I'll probably use Unova then. But it'll be a while, I'll try to make a comeback in the RPs I'm currently in first!

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old June 30th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Nideous

Most of the RPs I have seen featured mainly Kanto or Johto or a new region. I have seen a few Unova and Hoenn, and no Sinnoh. I just suggested Hoenn cause it is my favorite. X3 Anyways, you do good RPs, so if you make it I will probably take a look at it and maybe even join. I've been trying to make a come back myself honestly

Old June 30th, 2013, 04:09 PM
MichaelaTheUchiha

I would certainly join if you would make a journey RP, RHCP.

Hahaha, no, I would rather not be suddenly re-modded; although, it would be fun to have a party in the mod-hangout.

Old June 30th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
yeah red!! you make the best journey roleplays!!! i miss MAO... ):

but yeah, im looking forward to some pokemon goodness from you ;)
Old June 30th, 2013, 05:29 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Personally Sinnoh is my favourite region and I think it would be the most interesting to work with, as well as one of the easiest to change starting locations and orders in.
Old June 30th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
What are some good adventure-type RP's going on? I've been thinking of trying my hand at one or two.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:31 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

What do you mean by adventure?

Or alternatively check the library.
Old July 1st, 2013, 03:45 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

I joined EliteBeats' RP instead! lolol

Also, if you by "adventure" mean journey like RPs that are similar to the games, there is a whole category in the library dedicated to those.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old July 1st, 2013, 09:47 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I remember PinkSapphire asking earlier but I don't think she got a response.

Does anybody know when the next RPA's will be? Or even if there will be any more? I only ask because there are a lot of people I'd like to see getting some sort of recognition for their amazing skills when it comes to RPing.
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:24 AM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I remember PinkSapphire asking earlier but I don't think she got a response.

Does anybody know when the next RPA's will be? Or even if there will be any more? I only ask because there are a lot of people I'd like to see getting some sort of recognition for their amazing skills when it comes to RPing.
We skipped the last quarter's RPAs because of the difficulty to do them during the final month or so of school for a lot of people, plus the reduced activity. It'll likely pick it back up next time around.

Although, since summer is around this time (for all you northern hemisphere guys and gals), last year we made a Roleplay event called the Roleplay Olympics (RPOs). If enough people would be interested in seeing it return, I could recreate the event, giving everyone more time to work on it ahead of time, and make new and better categories. Last year was a trial run, so this time we would be more prepared, and it could run a lot smoother.

Let me know

-SV

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
I would personally like to see the Awards return, there are quite a few categories I'd like to nominate people for. It's nice that even if you don't win an award, a nomination means someone really admires what you're doing. It's a great confidence boost and a goal to strive for.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links