Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I'm going to forfeit the 2nd team that is generated for me. I have to clear the first one and I don't have tike to do the second one.
Check out my blog; pokeswamp.wordpress.com
This blog posts speculations and theories about Pokémon games.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:17 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I'll give this a go!

Name: Narnia
Game: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: 5
NFES: No thanks :[
Restrictions: No legendaries, other than that I'm fine with whatever you throw at me!

it's a matter of time
before we learn to fly
Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:42 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Narnia, your team is;

Glalie
Sableye
Wailord
Hariyama
Corsola

Good Luck!

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old July 4th, 2013, 04:26 AM
TheDawningGlaceon

Looks like a lot of fun!

Name: TheDawningGlaceon
Game: White
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No
Restrictions: Gen V Pokemon only
Old July 4th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

TheDawningGlaceon here is your team:

Leavanny
Escavelier
Cryogonal
Simipour
Mienshao
Stunfisk

Good luck!

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old July 4th, 2013, 04:49 AM
TheDawningGlaceon

I LOVE that team! All but Leavanny I've never used before, and when I used Leavanny it was sweeping the entire region (Black 2 first play through)! I'm going to start right away, so I'll update later on.
Old July 6th, 2013, 06:35 AM
TheJehan

Nature: Jolly
Eh, might as well try, right?

Name: TheJehan
Game: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: 5
NFEs: No
Restrictions: Cannot contain a starter

Since I'm saying that I don't want a starter, I'm assuming Ill have to hack in my first pokemon right?
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Veevee
Lucario's Sword

Nature: Brave
Here you go.

Also, I would like to forfeit my HG challenge because I just realized how terrible my team was and my 3DS accidentially turned off before I could save. (I beat the second gym, the last save I did was before I challenged Falkner) Anyway, I would like to start a new one.

Name: GoldenRayquaza
Game: Black 2
NFEs: No.
Restrictions: None.
✯Proud roleplayer✯ | ✯Paired withChesnaught: Father of Bowser
Active Challenge 1 | Active Challenge 2

Last edited by Veevee; July 6th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old July 6th, 2013, 02:31 PM
TheJehan

I approve that team. Seems like it gonna be good.

And then to you GoldenRayquaza

Klinklang
Leavanny
Musharna
Beartic
Druddigon
Scrafty

Enjoy
Old July 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Veevee
Lucario's Sword

Nature: Brave
I approve that team. I've been wanting to use a lot of those.
✯Proud roleplayer✯ | ✯Paired withChesnaught: Father of Bowser
Active Challenge 1 | Active Challenge 2
Old July 6th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Sylvie18
Stray Cat

Nature: Quiet
Update number 2! didnt get as much dine as i'd liked since im getting a little busy but...

Spoiler:
Kain bumped into me as i was leaving and informed me about the gym in eternia city. Look like thats where i was going to head next, I was a little surprised when Kain just dashed off without challenging me to a battle though...it would have been nice if he slowed down for a change, but i guess thats just how he is. Anyway! It's time we set off for Eternia ourselves!

Just as Lt.Squawk and i were passing through jubilife, we spotted professor rowan being harrassed by some identical looking men in strange get-ups. The were trying to disguise their threats as something civil but i could see through their lies. Luca and i worked together to take them down. They were no match for Lt.Squawk! As they left they muttered something about a 'team galactic' ..what a stupid name..too much of a mouthful and theres just no style or catchyness to it at all. The professor and lucas then started up some dull explanation about the evolution of pokemon which i found it impossible to pay any interest to. Yeah, so pokemon evolved, i didnt need to know why, it was just something they did. Just when the two finally left, another guy approached me saying he was from the TV company or something and handed me a fashion case as a thanks for seeing my battle. A little weird i guess..but i wont refuse free stuff! Still I'd like to just be able to get on with my adventure!

Used my bulldozer to remove the rocks blocking the cave in route 204. We could finally explore the areas beyond! Battles a few trainers on the other side, there was this creepy girl who was obsessed with smells and only used grass types. Lt.squawk easily won that one. then there was this guy who asked me what i though about bug types. so had Lt.Squawk show him that we eat bug types for breakfast. We avoided these twins though, they looked like they wanted a doulbe battle and i only had Squawk and a bulldozer on me. I needed to reach the next town to put my bulldozer in storage..i also heard you could find aipom around here...id always wanted one..

It turns out Floaroma town was really close,one of the townspeople who greated me seemed overly enthusiatic about flowers. Yeah i liked flowers, i was a girl afterall but not to this extent. they were nice to look at and smelled good, and it was fun to watch pokemon play in them.but the only thing that could make me love flowers to this extent was if Kain gave... no never mind. These things should stay in my head. Focus on the journey Sylvie! We're going to hunt for aipom! With this goal in mind i searched the town asking th eresidents about how i could find such a pokemon. I learnt that they were attracted to honey. And these flower shop ladies gave me free stuff, hoping id plant berries for them.

Two more of those team galactic freaks were blocking my path in my hunt for aipom, so i was forced to head out of town for now, looking for more leads. I didn't get very far. Team galactic were everywhere, blocking all exits, and a little girl came to me for help, looks like the team with the bad wardrobe design was up to something fishy in the valley windworks. It was mine and Lt.Squawks duty to beat them up for training purposes. We marched right up to the valley windworks and beat the pants off of the guy guarding the door. but the sore loser then locked himself inside the building. I was annoyed so marched right back to town where i saw those

guys earlier...only to find they were gone. This annoyed me further, so i headed into the field that they were blocking hoping the view of the flowers would calm me down....only to pot the two spacemen harrassing some old guy. Perfect. We got to vent our frustration on being beaten by a door after all...and i'm pretty sure the other guy mentioned that these two had the key i needed...mwahahahahahaha!..ahem.

Cleaned the floor with both of them without even breaking a sweat. The second grunt was foolish enough to think that his cohort had weakened us. Lt.Squawk could take down a whole rock gym alone. This was nothing to her endurance! The idiots forgot the windworks key when they ran off. The man i saved even gave me some sweet honey. This was my lucky day! now i was sure to find an aipom! how could i resist those big ears, beady little eyes, mischievous natures and of course those enormous hand-tails? the purple little furball was destined to be part of my team..now i just had to have patience..and stalk a tree..

>turned off for a few hours
> ..3-4 hours later

Realizing i needed to wait like, 6 hours for any tree to rustle i decided to forge ahead and assault the windworks, the more trees i found the higher chance of catching my furball!

As usual the grunts inside the windworks were pretty weak, this was going to be easy. it was a shame they didn't offer more exp for my Lt. But suddenly a different looking spaceman arrives! instead of the usual blue hair, they had pink. and their awful spacesuit had been jazzed up to make them look a little more...well..i lacked the word to describe it. It didn't matter anyway, she made some weird comments about working to better the world and then made a bet with me. the loser would leave. Easy enough, her pokemon were barely any tougher than her grunts..were the other two 'commanders' this bad?

Beat her quickly, and she left in quite a polite manner. odd. Either way i saved the little girls daddy from the evil galactians and everybody was happy. But i still didn't have my aipom. At this rate Lt.Squawk would be too awesome to battle it and i'd have to use my bulldozer or the minnow to weaken it. an idea i wasn't too fond of. I didn't like the idea of heading through eternia forest without one either. It was going to take a lot as it was to make it as epic as my Lt.

I decided to wait around a little longer now that i had 3 trees to try my chances on. Was going to be a long waiting game

> several hours later....

1st tree: strong female wurmple (lvl 9 :D). Decided to try my luck using The Minnow as a method of weakening it. always wanted a butterfree. Beautifly would be the next best thing. i had planned to wait until eternia forest and capture a silcoon right off the bat but who knows, maybe we'll get lucky. the minnow barely did any damage before being knocked out and the Lt. would be overkill.. guess we'll just throw a ball... took 2 attempts but we captured her! I named her butterfree, lets hope she evolves into a silcoon or i'll have to return her to the wild...

With Butterfree the quirky wurmple we now had a stronger friend to use in hunting aipom! As a thanks for its service, The minnow was stored in the pc for repairs to its hull.

2nd tree: an even stronger male wurmple (lvl 14 D: )we used it as training :D

3rd tree: a male combee. well its a change from weedle but its no aipom. Used it as more training for butterfree, the sooner she lvled the sooner i could see if she would become my fated friend. ..... well that was shock. this combee knew gust, almost taking out my poor wurmple. there was no choice but for the Liutenant to take command

With those three attempts failed we brought lots more hoeny and tried again....

Butterfree evolved! ....into a cascoon... this made me sad..bye bye buttefree...

> since its late and we have to wait a while again, saved for now.

Number of badges : 1

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Lt.Squawk (F) lvl 22
Nature: Lax
Tackle - Double team - quick attack - Wing attack
Challenges in Progress:
- Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Fire
Leaf Green, Soul Silver 16/16 ,Emerald 3/8, Platinum , Black, X 1/8

Challenges completed:

None.

Old July 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Espeon EX
Champion of Johto

Nature: Relaxed
Chapter 7, Meanwhile, back in the land of Sapphire..
...I'm back. Sorry, but I was busy. But, in the past few days, I have made up for lost progress.
1. I beat 4 gyms. Wattson, Flannery, Norman, and Winona.
2. I caught my next teammate! Meet, I NEEDNAME the Electrode!
Seriously though, he needs a name. If you have one for him that is NOT B-Bomb, Sephiroth, Zelda, or Chain Chomp, than PLEASE! I need some! The name has to be a video game character/monster. Thank you, and happy Randomising!
Old July 6th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Armorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon EX View Post
Chapter 7, Meanwhile, back in the land of Sapphire..
...I'm back. Sorry, but I was busy. But, in the past few days, I have made up for lost progress.
1. I beat 4 gyms. Wattson, Flannery, Norman, and Winona.
2. I caught my next teammate! Meet, I NEEDNAME the Electrode!
Seriously though, he needs a name. If you have one for him that is NOT B-Bomb, Sephiroth, Zelda, or Chain Chomp, than PLEASE! I need some! The name has to be a video game character/monster. Thank you, and happy Randomising!
Adelbert, after one of my favourite Final Fantasy characters?
Creeper?
Conker?
Tonberry?
EDIT: Joey!

...That's all I have right now.

Last edited by Armorous; July 6th, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old July 7th, 2013, 08:13 AM
TheJehan

So this'll be my first update for Emerald...I guess...yep.

1) I chose to hack in Meditite because in Emerald, you have to trade to get it. That's the only one on my list that was not available in Emerald. And when they only start with Bide...goodness that is hard.

2)After Learning Confusion at lvl9, everything was sooooo much easier. And then I got to Rustboro and immediately went to 116 and caught the Whismur. I've always had a liking for these guys...

3) I was actually really worried about going into the gym with basically only Meditite, because Whismur only knew/knows normal type moves, so I trained him up to 15 and went in...He got all the gym leader's pokemon in one shot...Pretty proud of him.

And that's the first update. I'll probably do the same kind of update from now on because it seems easy enough. So thanks for reading and have a nice day. :D
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Espeon EX
Champion of Johto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorous View Post
Adelbert, after one of my favourite Final Fantasy characters?
Creeper?
Conker?
Tonberry?
EDIT: Joey!

...That's all I have right now.
Let's go with Conker. :D Thank you! I like Conker's Bad Fur Day, so that works!
Conker the Electrode, I like that. :D
EDIT: I have now just finished Mt. Pyre, and i have caught my next team member! Meet, NAME? PLS? the female Heracross! The Heracross in the safari zone did NOT want to be caught. But I had a bit of luck with her. I hate to ask(no I don't, I just can't think of names), but could I get a name for a female Heracross? It needs to be a video game character/monster name that is not Zelda, Sephiroth, ChainChomp, or Conker. Thanks!

Zelda/Gardevoir OT: Espeon Lv 36 Female Synchronize Lonely 1. Psychic 2. Calm Mind 3. Confusion 4. Teleport

Sephiroth/Nuzleaf OT: Brendan(My Emerald name) Lv 36 Male Early Bird Relaxed 1. Bide 2. Faint Attack 3. Bullet Seed 4. Nature Power

ChainChomp/Lairon OT: Espeon Lv 34 Male Sturdy Modest 1. Headbutt 2. Iron Defense 3. Mud Slap 4. Iron Tail

Conker/Electrode OT: Espeon Lv 35 Genderless Soundproof Serious 1. Rollout 2. Selfdestruct 3. Sonicboom 4. Spark

NAME? PLS?/Heracross OT: Espeon Lv 29 Female Swarm Serious 1. Horn attack 2. Endure 3. Fury Attack 4. Brick Break

Espeon
Money: $29074
Pokedex: 30
Play Time: 28:05
Badges: 7

Oh, and here is the name raters "prophecy" for the nickname of Conker, found on the NAME RATER SHOW
"Hmhm...
Hmm...
This nickname is...
A nickname that hints at talent in many different ways.
I urge this TRAINER to take courage and take on many challenges.
The nickname Conker is rooted by the letter "o."
That letter is supported by the first letter "C," which gives it a solid sense of presence as a nickname.
But I must say, Espeon has a most remarkable flair for devising nicknames.
It is my hope that the TRAINER will continue to treat Conker with love."

Hey there! I still need a name for my female Heracross, and now I need a name for my female Clamperl, who will be in the hall of fame as a Gorebyss. In case you are a newcomer around here, here are the rules for the name. 1. It MUST be a video game character/monster 2. It can't be Zelda, Sephiroth, ChainChomp, or Conker. Thank you, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I have now beaten Tate & Liza. It was relatively easy, Solrock was a butt, though. But, Sephiroth and ChainChomp were able to take care of them on the second try, so they were actually easier than Wattson.........

Geez, no one has posted yet? Oh well. I just wanted to say that, as I have beaten Tate & Liza, i have beaten the Team Aqua hideout near Lilycove. I can also take male names for my Clamperl, because I have a male backup incase I get better male names than female names. Thank you, and please post soon.

Last edited by Espeon EX; July 11th, 2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Derp, need to fix badges. NEED NAMES! PLEASE SUBMIT!
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
darkpokemaster666

Nature: Lonely
Name: darkpokemaster666
Version: Crystal
Number Of Pokemon: 6
Other: I don't mind if I have a magikarp or caterpie as long as I can evolve them
Together we should be able to do anything. Because you've been my best friend since the beginning.

Old July 13th, 2013, 12:37 PM
ShadowE
Got a whole lot of love
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My friend... you got:

And i'd like to join in myself

Name: ShadowExcadrill
Version: HeartGold
Other: none of the same type (some diversity is good >:D)
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Espeon EX
Champion of Johto

Hey there Dark! Your pokemon are;
Crobat
Delibird EDIT: Here you go Shadow, take a Mr. Mime instead. :D Glad to know i am not the only one who dosent like Delibird.
Golduck
Typhlosion
Forteress
and Heracross
Hey, on MY challenge, I am using a Heracross too! That is kinda cool!
EDIT: These pokemon are instead going to ShadowExcadrill. He ninjad me.
EDIT: Just to let you guys know, he VM'd me about the Delibird.

Last edited by Espeon EX; July 13th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
Well, lemme do this, maybe I'll actually do it this time.
Name: Pokehearts
Version: White 2
Other: No pokemon of the same type. I don't like that. Though, if it's two Pokemon of the same type as a secondary (like if I had Lucario and Poliwrarth) that'd be cool. No NFE pokemon either.
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity

Last edited by pokehearts; July 13th, 2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Espeon EX
Champion of Johto

Here you go Govn'a!
Simisear
Pidgeot
Conkeldurr
Nidoking
Drifblim
Kingler
Do they work? Drifblim and Pidgeot are both flying, but as a secondary.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon EX View Post
Here you go Govn'a!
Simisear
Pidgeot
Conkeldurr
Nidoking
Drifblim
Kingler
Do they work? Drifblim and Pidgeot are both flying, but as a secondary.
Well, I'll need to trade in some eggs, but it might work.
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Clemstar

Alright I'm going to try this :D
Name: Clemstar
Version: Silver
Number Of Pokemon: 5
Other: everything welcome. NFE's, legendaries, pokemon with the same type. Throw whatever you generate at me :D
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Espeon EX
Champion of Johto

@Clemstar, you have
Butterfree
Dragonite
Mankey
Delibird
Snorlax
You had no restrictions, so that team should be fine. :D Happy Randomising!
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Clemstar

Thanks Espeon. I confirm this team (y)
3DS Friend Code- 1375 - 8306 - 7472
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Simple Concept

Name: Simple Concept
Game: Diamond
NFEs: No. However, pokemon that don't evolve at all are okay (eg Absol, Tropius, etc.)
Restrictions: At least one pokemon must be able to learn Fly and/or Surf. I am able to hack using an AR; I can get any Pokemon from earlier generations.
My Team;
Pachirisu, Togekiss, Luxray, Flareon, Honchkrow, Pelipper.

Last edited by Simple Concept; July 14th, 2013 at 09:27 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here