• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee/Black Kyurum Deck!

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Hi guys my name is Steve I'm new to the poke community and I created a pokemon deck
with my friends where some of the cards come from the glaceon plasma freeze theme deck!
This is my first created deck and I have most of the cards in this deck
please rate this deck and give constructive criticism on what I could improve on thanks!

Pokemon:

Eevee x4 89/116 (Plasma Freeze)
Jolteon x2 34/116 (Plasma Freeze)
Vaporeon x2 20/116 (Plasma Freeze)
Glaceon x2 23/116 (Plasma Freeze)
Black Kyurum x2 100/149 (Plasma Storm)
Black Kyurum EX x1 101/149 (Plasma Storm)
Thundurus x1 35/98 (Emerging Powers)
Zekrom x1 39/116 (Plasma Freeze)
Pachirisu x1 37/116 (Plasma Freeze)
Total: 16

Trainers:

Cheren x4
Team Plasma Grunt x3
Team Plasma Ball x3
Hypnotoxic Laser x2
Eviolite x2
Cilan x2
Pokemon Communication x2
Colress Machine x2
Energy Search x2
Energy Retrieval x2
Level Ball x1
Great Ball x1
Escape Rope x1
Plasma Frigate x1
ACE SPEC: Crystal Wall x1
Total: 29

Energy:

Water Energy x7
Electric Energy x5
Plasma Energy x3
Total: 15

Please Reply :)

EDIT: This deck is for Casual play and it can be used competitively somewhat.
Black Kyurum EX is used to dish out tons of damage while taking not much.
with the crystal wall ACE Spec card, I can give Black Kyurum EX it and it will get 300 HP
Zekrom, Thundurus and the regular EX are there to have pokemon that will do good amounts of damage without risking giving away 2 prizes
Glaceon is used to give team plasma pokemon a retreat cost of 2 less energy.
Also, all of the team plasma pokemon have 2 retreat cost so because of Glaceons Freeze Zone ability it gives all team plasma pokemon 0 retreat cost.
Jolteon and Vaporeon act as a EX counter.
Jolteon has an attack that does 40 damage and if the defending pokemon is an EX the pokemon cannot move next turn.
Vaporeon has an attack that does 30 damage normally but if the defending pokemon is an EX the attack does 50 more damage. Vaporeon also has an attack that heals 30 damage from all of your pokemon active and on the bench for only one energy.
And finally Plasma Frigate is there to get rid of any weakness the plasma pokemon have.

Any card additions/changes would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Plasma Frigate only takes off the weakness if they have plasma energy attached. So its okay, not great. I would also suggest a few plasma badges for pokemon that are not team plasma. As good as they are i would probably suggest getting rid of the hypnotoxic lasers for plasma badges if you plan on abusing glaceon's ability. Though i'll from personal experience, i never find vaporeon all that useful especially since you are already running anti ex jolteon. I would rather use leafeon to counter keldo decks, would ruin this deck simply because it could walk over you since you have no grass types and jolteon would only stop it from attacking if it doesnt switch out and rush back in. Though thats just my what i've seen from battling my roommate with my keldeo deck.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Thanks heaps for your feed back :D I do agree with you about vaporeon I plan to get another Black Kyurum and trade hypnotoxic laser with plasma badges and trade energy seach with catchers if that sounds good if you have any other suggestions please hit me back :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
When i first started playing i tried to run a similar deck to this in terms of eevee abuse. Water/electric. Using a similar combination to you. Also experimented with flareon and leafeon. I basically found that more eevolutions than eevees is generally bad. Sure they are helpful, but only if the deck is built around them and they aren't just thrown in.

My roommate is running a team plasma based deck that makes effective use of the 2 eevolutions he carries. It works really well and he can tear apart and basically prevent most decks from working at all unless they have the proper meta against him. So lets look at his overall strat of his deck.

Spoiler:

This is a good example of how to make use of a good eevee, effectively. He has a deck built around team plasma that his Eevolutions fit perfectly into and support the deck as a whole. Your deck on the other hand seems to just has them shoved in so they can in theory counter EXs. While they may be able to do that, they don't really support anyone else unless you add the badges in.

If you need EX counters you could try using
Spoiler:
Its not perfect and its a little costly, but in 3 turns or less (depending on if you use colress machine on it) you can be smashing EX pokemon for 120, no evolutions required.

Another good basic to add it for a deck that primarily focuses on having a bulky pokemon with 300 hp, and one of my favorite additions to my water deck when i found it.
Spoiler:

For 2 energy and discard all energy attached to Miltank, heal all damage to one pokemon.

If you use both these pokemon i would suggest running some double colorless energy instead of team plasma energy since your main attacker doesn't use it effectly. Sure its a nice to have an energy accelerator when you need it, though 2 energy for 1 card is better than 2 energy (1 water energy + 1 plasma energy + 1 colress machine) for 3 cards in one turn. Also if you dont run the eevees, the plasma balls and level balls are all for naught now and will be wise to remove them for other stuff like great balls or ultra. Also making team plasma grunt also pointless since you would not lack stuff to discard so you can draw. The plasma frigate is also pointless now with lack of plasma energy, free up stadium space, for something that would help you. Possibly pokemon center, as its a helpful counter to frozen city and it can heal bench pokemon to make up for the damage from frozen city.

Either way, doing this would open up about 20+ cards in your deck for other stuff that work toward your main strategy of keeping black kyrem alive.

If it were me with both your cards and the cards that i know about and my strategy of heavy searching i would build something along the lines of:
Spoiler:

Though dont assume this is a great deck, its all theory. But i can tell you, when i play my Milotic based deck, i run a bunch of 1x meta game cards that i can pull at anytime with skyla, milotic, and computer search. Though i only run 1 catcher since i dont want to pay 15 bucks for them. I also only run 1 switch since i carry 3 keldeos and 2 float stones. The main issue with this deck is, while consistent, it takes time to set up.

idk sorry i kind of went on and on, it was just interesting thinking about different decks i want to tryout. I hope it at least helped out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
This gives me a open idea to use a different deck for once Thanks very much. Btw this might sound like a noob question but what do you mean when you say 3-1-3 Kindra PF or 2-2 Milotic DRX? thanks heaps :D

Years
Sorry for the delay on looking at this in detail (I've been at a convention all weekend), but now Profen seems to have beaten me to most of the critique, which I actually greatly appreciate.

One thing I noticed when skimming your suggestion post, Profen, is that you suggested that Bouffalant could be charged up in 3 turns or less because of Colress Machine, but Colress Machine can only attach energy to Team Plasma Pokemon, and the Gold Breaker Bouffalant is not a Team Plasma Pokemon. Just thought I'd drop that in so neither one of you gets in trouble for a misplay. I agree with the bulk of the rest of the critique, though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
You cant attach plasma energy to non team plasma pokemon? Or is that only when you use colress machine?

Back