Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Trinidad
Trinidad

Nature: Quiet
As the title says, what is your favourite gym leader or if you want a main trainer, anyone in generation 3 pokemon games.

Sorry typo *who is your favourite gym leader
“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”
― Bob Marley

Last edited by Trinidad; June 29th, 2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Rizardon

Send a message via Skype™ to Rizardon
Tate and Liza because of the unique double battle style.
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM
sethdogg122

Norman because his gym lets you either head into the battle styles you think are easiest, or are more suitable to your team, or tackle the challenge of facing a new type of NPC battling strategy.
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Kanto: LT. Surge. He is just such a badass, I like the military and to integrate such a character into Pokemon is just too cool for school :D

Johto: Haven't played but go Whitney and her Miltank for annoying everyone! ^.^

Hoenn: I like Flannery because she's hot hahaha, see what I did there? Being a fire type trainer? Ok sorry :/ Her lack of confidence when challenging the player is also very funny, i'm sure I'd be like that at the start if I became a gym leader! :D
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Winona I'd have to say, that helmet of hers with the wings and also her hair is very beautiful plus she uses some pretty strong Flying-types.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
In Kanto, I really like Sabrina and Blaine. I've liked them since gen I though, haha. But Sabrina is just a really cool person, and I love Blaine's gimmick. I'd actually say I prefer Blaine just a bit more, haha.

For Hoenn, I would say Wattson. I don't really have a good reason why though. I just always liked his personality and he stood out to me more when I was a kid. Plus you can get Thunderbolt from him! :)

tl;dr I like old men.

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:58 AM
DarkMoonPhase
The Lunar Beauty

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase
Kanto: Mm... Erika

Johto: Whitney
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:22 AM
Janp
Audino master

Koga for Kanto because he's Ninja
Flannery for Hoenn. She's hot
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:57 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Kanto: Giovanni cause he is a crime boss as well.
hoenn: Liz and Tate cause they are twins and battle you together
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Kanto? Probably Blaine. He's p fun.

Hoenn? It's between Wattson and Flannery. He's jolly and ridiculous and she's adorably hot-headed and I totally see them being close and having a grandpa/granddaughter relationship and they're adorable ok.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

In Kanto I'd say Sabrina, just because she was mysterious and cool.

As for Hoenn all of them lmao. Uhhh If I had to pick just one I'd say Wattson, however they were all cool and Hoenn is the best at everything.

"By force of will!"
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly
I liked Winona, so I'd go with her for my answer. Her gym had an awesome maze (doors ftw!), and I liked her beauty.

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old July 1st, 2013, 08:10 PM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
FR/LG: Blaine, classy, and my favorite type.
R/S/E: Juan/Wallace. They gave me the most pleasant "challenge" from all gym leaders.
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:34 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Kanto : FR/LG : Blue : Because His team was powerful as well in diversity which I liked to train My whole team.
Hoenn: R/S/E : Tate & Liza : Very Cute looking yet very powerful gym leaders... I always faced a tough challenge when I challenged them
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:47 AM
Daixtey
That One Totodile

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Daixtey
Kanto: I liked Blaine a lot not only is his gym cool I also like his personality and Pokemon-type he uses.
Hoenn: I think Brawly was my favourite Because of the challenge that he gives you early in the game.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Hmm, for Kanto I'd say Sabrina, because I like how she looks (in the games, not the anime), and because she uses the Psychic-type which is my favourite type. For Hoenn, I'd say Flannery, again because of how she looks, and because she uses my third-favourite type (Fire, after Psychic and Dragon).
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
ScizorzClawz
ScizorzClawz

Nature: Relaxed
I like Bugsy. You know, because I'm scizor and he's a bug gym leader.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 09:53 PM
GraN143
Booted out - don't be like me!

My Fav Gym Leader Is Misty Because His So Cute
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

My favorite Gym Leaders in FR/LG were Blaine and Koga. Both of them were mostly for their gym design, although I do like both of their stories going forward into the Johto games, as well.

As for R/S/E, my favorite Gym Leaders were Winona and Wallace, again for their gyms. Both of them had some of the more fun little gym puzzles in my mind, and Wallace even managed to get an upgrade to Champion in Emerald (even if I didn't quite agree with it).

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: GHOST // GRASS
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Anguscr4p
3rd Gen Enthusiast

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Anguscr4p
For Kanto, I'm going with Giovanni, he uses pretty much all of favorite 1st gen pokemon and is also just a complete badass. He's like a classic crime boss from the 20s.

And for Hoenn, although I love Juan/Wallace's gym puzzle, my favorite is Norman, because it's cool to face your "dad" in a gym battle. Plus, his Slaking's mind games in R/S were really difficult to beat, but were still cool and showed some strategical thinking on Nintendo's part.
Studious ROM Hacker

POKEMON EMERALD+ -coming soon
(Sometime in July...hopefully)

Wanna talk? Send me a PM!
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Tate & Liza are absolutely adorable. Ever since I saw them in the anime they've become one of my favorite gym leaders. Winona is also quite amazing though; her design is beautiful. :D

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
lmcde22

Wattson!!! What a character. I love him and his laugh...

"Wahahaha!"

Brilliant. One of the best characters out of all the games. Plus he gives you TWO TM's if you do that little side mission in New Mauville... And Thunderbolt is one of my favourite moves so I always do it.
To be the best you have to beat the best.
Fire-Type Friend Safari: 3067-5658-5984
PM your FC and Safari Type if you add
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Reinforce
Reinforce Production

Nature: Gentle
Kanto - Sabrina i really love her gym teleport game haha but She is really strong..
Johto - Bugsy well I really love bug types pokemon thats he's my favourite gym leader in johto region
Hoenn - Wattson haha I love the fact that he always defeating my pokemon )
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
My favorite gym leader is Flannery. Mainly because she's a fire type leader, which is my favorite type. However, it's also because she's still like a beginner, despite her being the fourth gym leader. (That's mainly just funny, but whatever.)

As far as main trainers go, Steven Stone takes the cake. He's just... so cool. (Not sure what else to say here.)
Current Pokemon re-play through: XD: Gale of Darkness

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
In Hoenn, Flannery because my Swampert demolished her team. And I loved her gym's design, Lavaridge Town, etc.

In Kanto, Sabrina.
Life without water would be no fun
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links