The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:31 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
I'm mainly a PC gamer, too. When I was an older kid though, I also had both Nintendo and Sony systems, so I'm pretty loyal to both brands, actually. But definitely more of a PC gamer than I ever was.

I actually like the "console wars" that fanboys/girls participate in. I think it's good to stand by something with full conviction like that. The passion is good for the soul! I imagine them as different factions, haha.
The way I see it, the "console wars" isn't about fanboys just raging. It actually shapes the future of gaming. If people are gonna stand up to "no always online" stuff like that.. and "no we don't want to stream" it makes perfect sense, especially seeing that bandwidth is still capped in most of North America. If you have a legit reason to rage, I say rage all the way!
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Tsutarja

Nature: Jolly
People have their opinions and preferences on consoles, and that's fine. What I don't understand is why fanboys have to bash the consoles they hate but superbly admire the ones they love, when in fact they haven't even probably used the consoles that they're bashing. I know people like this, unfortunately.

As for me, I prefer Nintendo consoles over Sony and Microsoft, yet I don't bash them. My brother has a PS3 and I don't bash him about owning it, and he doesn't bash me for owning a Wii.

I know this post doesn't make sense, but w/e. It's just a random thought.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
It's kind of human nature to make sure people know you don't like the things you don't like. That's something I've noticed recently in everybody, and I've tried to stop it in myself.

As for the userbars, I quite like them, my only problem is that they've replaced username formatting

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
For me, I own a 360 and a Wii. I never owned a PS3 but they are excellent. I like them all, tbqh. This new generation that's coming/that's out, though... I'd have to go with PS4/WiiU. Just not a XBone fan at all.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Sanguine
À la prochaine!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Like Mac, I own a Wii and a 360. I haven't touched my Wii in a really long time, though.

I'm still unsure of what I want to buy in regards to the PS4 and the Xbox One :/

:criesovernoformatting

[02:57] -Dark Azelf: u liek teh bottix
[19:45] -Dark Azelf: she is evil and cute kinda like satan except in a bunny forme

[00:57] -Kanzler: stupid guys make me homo
[23:11] +PervertedPika: Yeah, I have had bad things happen when my family was home and I was having Marky time in my room ;.;
Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Knowing me when the PS4 comes out I'll be acquiring a PS3 because cheaper. Oops. Though it's not completely my fault that until beginning of next year there would have seriously been no games in which I haaaad to get a PS3.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
Knowing me when the PS4 comes out I'll be acquiring a PS3 because cheaper. Oops. Though it's not completely my fault that until beginning of next year there would have seriously been no games in which I haaaad to get a PS3.
I feel a lot of people are gonna do that, actually. Which came, Tara? And I'll be getting a PS4 when I can afford it. Heh.

Also, I quite like the new username format. Just something about it.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Tsutarja

The new usernames are certainly a change that is gonna have to have time to get used to for a lot of members. I see things on a forum all the time that change and I've adjusted to such changes.

As for the PS3, it wouldn't surprise me if it came through like the PS2 with games still being in production for the system even far after the PS4 comes out.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
If I'm going to get a console, I'd be getting a Wii-U. The console really hit me and I like it. I tried it at my friend's place and it was awesome. I was never really a big fan of Sony after their first PlayStation. Xbox 360 was alright. Wii was good in my standards but I never bought one because the games didn't really appeal to me (And because my girlfriend got a Wii and I could just play it at her place instead of gettin one myself)
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

My name no longer is italic, so the operator symbols finally won't be messed up. [: I kind of like all of the usernames being black, as well.

As previously stated, I don't really play videogames anymore. Just Pokemon- and even at that, I really just use it for working toward a better trade shop haha. I recently lost redis rights to a couple of Pokemon, so I need to stop being lazy and get them myself.
Edit:
Found out from Tabor that it's only temporary *just* before our names changed back haha.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; July 2nd, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Black Ice
[XV]

until developers figure out how to utilize the new generation consoles, i dont think the difference between this gen and next gen will be huge. the trailers didn't really impress me, but i guess there is a limit to how good graphics can get with current technology. ps3/360 will probably stay relevant for several more years. wii...lol
Old July 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
until developers figure out how to utilize the new generation consoles, i dont think the difference between this gen and next gen will be huge. the trailers didn't really impress me, but i guess there is a limit to how good graphics can get with current technology. ps3/360 will probably stay relevant for several more years. wii...lol
I'm really hoping that they'll integrate the PSVita somehow. There is so much stuff they can do with it! I can't wait! Especially that the Playstation is such an open market for indie-developers. I just know they'll make some cool stuff.
Same with the WiiU.. why are they only using it as a menu screen? Come on, Nintendo! You can do SO much more. And the fact that if your WiiU first player controller breaks.. you need to buy a whole new console? >_> That is very disappointing.

And graphics will never be as good on a console than a PC but Unity is doing quite a lot of cool stuff too.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
It's a real bummer that all the good titles for the Wii U are being released next year as opposed to now, because the sales of the system are suffering because of that fact. Regardless, all three systems look like they have potential.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old July 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Tsutarja

If anything, my next TV console is probably gonna be a WiiU, because I'm more of a Nintendo person than anything, but based on what I saw, the PS4 does indeed look promising and I would certainly get one. As for the Xbox One, I'm not as fond on it as I am the WiiU or the PS4, mainly because of the lack of emphasis on gaming from the keynote that Microsoft held to introduce it. But things may have changed since then for the Xbox One, so idk..
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Also a real shame that most of the games that are top sellers on the TV consoles are mostly fps. Practically every new game that comes out are fps. Don't get me wrong, they have some great fps games. But I think there's just too many of them nowadays.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarteh. View Post
Like Mac, I own a Wii and a 360. I haven't touched my Wii in a really long time, though.

I'm still unsure of what I want to buy in regards to the PS4 and the Xbox One :/

:criesovernoformatting
Get a PS4. They removed the DRM from the XBone but I wouldn't trust them not to try it again later.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
ProfGrove

I've been mainly an Xbox gamer since its release and will continue considering they don't have a portable. I made up my mind awhile back though that I would be going handheld and having recently picked up a 3DS XL; am loving it! I will be getting a PS Vita too and the new Nvidia handheld named SHIELD or whatever. Yes, will be going with Xbox One as a home entertainment system, solely for exclusives I can't get elsewhere.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I already have a Wii U and it's a shame there is nothing for it atm. I've barely played it and it pretty much is just used as a normal Wii. Hopefully Pikmin 3 can change that.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Cordelia
Banned

WiiU is reminding me of the 3DS at launch. There wasn't much of a point in owning one til later...
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Pokemon X & Y are the bread and butter for the sales of a 3DS imo
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I'd say so, but also a lot of great games have come out this year... cough Fire Emblem cough
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I've enjoyed all the games (whether I was just watching or actually playing) that I've gotten for my 3DS so far. Though all of 'em except one came out this year, and the last one came out end of last year. So yeah. Took a while for the 3DS to gain games but now that it has them it's great imo. And I believe with games such as Pokemon X/Y coming out it can continue.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
ProfGrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Pokemon X & Y are the bread and butter for the sales of a 3DS imo
I can't disagree with you on that point. The 3DS has other great games that attract players, but my decision on buying a 3DS XL came down to seeing gameplay for both Pokemon X and Y. I was hit with a yearning desire to capture those graphical creatures and begin my quest anew, almost 10 years since I was last in Kanto/Johto.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Tsutarja

I will say I got my 3DS XL back in April in anticipation for X and Y, but so far I only own Heroes of Ruin, which was a game given to me by a friend. I would want to own more 3DS games, but I'm in agreement with those who say that X and Y will be a main motive for more gamers to own a 3DS or a 3DS XL.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I saw the Mario Kart game for the 3DS and I said to myself 'hmm, looks like a nice game, and not available on the DS. Maybe I should get myself a 3DS"
But when I saw Pokemon X & Y and it's availability on only the 3DS, I said to myself that I gotta get one now. I'm determined to get one before October
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here