Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page If you could end someone's career...

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old July 1st, 2013 (07:28 PM).
through the aging, the fear, the strife
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naughty
If you could end an artist's career, whether it be a mainstream pop artist or an obscure indie rock band, permanently, meaning they could never release another song or album again, what artist would it be and what are your reasonings?
Old July 1st, 2013 (09:14 PM).
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
I could think of hundreds of bands, mostly from the 80's Hair Metal era - especially Poison... but then I'll go with a lame answer, None, I remember that those artist are people too (I'm sure they have family somewhere they need to maintain).....

that aside: Poison, Ratt, FireHouse, Cinderella, White Lion, Stryper.... (I can't believe I used to love their music).... #1 choice: Poison [mainly for Bret Michaels]

Old July 1st, 2013 (09:41 PM).
blow a kiss, fire a gun
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I will end Taylor Swift. I'm tired of hearing her whining on the radio. GOOD. BYE.

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old July 1st, 2013 (09:44 PM).
happy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I'd basically put an end to P!nk, her songs are overplayed as heck and I did admit her music got a bit boring lately. They sound nothing like her old stuff!
Old July 1st, 2013 (09:54 PM).
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
Will.i.am. He's a shrewd businessman but I have little respect for him otherwise.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (01:19 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, and Katy Perry. They all just annoy the heck out of me.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (07:25 AM).
Furude
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
It's... so hard to choose.

But it would probably be Nikki Minaj, One direction or Bieber. I just hate their music so much, SO MUCH.

But since we have to pick one I'll go with Bieber based on this
1. In live shows all you can hear is the backing track - because he needs autotune.
2. Terrible songs both lyrically and music wise
3. He's a temperamental little tool who throws a tantrum if he doesn't get his way.
4. He makes more money than I do.
5. Just make him stop.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old July 2nd, 2013 (09:49 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Choosing between Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber.... I would go with Bieber.

I hate his music, they all sound the same. Always singing about girls and he started singing about girls when he didn't even hit puberty yet. No experience with girls whatsoever. His attitude is also horrible and his fans are just horrible. After his bad music and lousy attitude, his fans are the worst. When Selena Gomez was dating Bieber, some of Biebers' fans threatened to kill her for dating Bieber. Seriously? >.>
If the kid just stopped his career, everyone would be happier.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (01:44 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
ModeratorCS

That guy who produced Rebecca Black's Friday. His record label generally has been producing positively atrocious music. That's if I'm allowed to use him as my answer, that is.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 2nd, 2013 (04:25 PM).
It's so overt, it's covert!

No one is allowed to say Green Day as long as I'm alive

Honestly I'd like to say Justin Bieber. He is incredibly stupid (just google his ski mask picture) and since his fame has been fizzling out, he's been begging the media for negative attention, because it's all he can get. And his music is horrible
Old July 2nd, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and her family

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO, Bieber is a tool and an idiot, Kanye is an annoying idiot... and do I have to explain the Kardashians?
Old July 2nd, 2013 (06:27 PM).
No thinking. Just stupid.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'd end the careers of Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and One Direction if I could. Choosing just one would be hard, but if I really have to, I'd say Justin Bieber.

His music is awful and it's all getting repetitive. All the songs he write are about girls and all these tweens worship him like he's a god or something and throw a fit at anyone who hates him one bit. They're annoying. Plus he's becoming a big tool as of lately doing all this controversial/negative stuff just for media attention.

Honors go to Nicki Minaj though. Her music is just as awful, in fact, it's even worse than Bieber's. She just puts the most random junk in her songs and none of them make no sense and are just obnoxious. Particularly I hate "Pound The Alarm" and "Stupid Hoe" the most. (particularly this part in Pound The Alarm is obnoxious and this part in Stupid Hoe. ) All of her songs are just awful and I wish the person who told her she had talent didn't exist.

Quote originally posted by Mac:
All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO,
Where'd you hear that from? I honestly hate how people make up theories of certain stars being Illuminati/NWO members cause of things they say/do and clothes they wear/other things. To me that makes no sense and unless the star states they're part of the Illuminati/NWO themselves , I don't buy it.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (06:40 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
I would also end the careers of a lot of modern pop singers from the late 2000s and 2010s, most notably the ones AW mentioned above. I have never tolerated music from Justin Bieber nor One Direction, and I dislike the fashion of Nicki Minaj.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (06:46 PM).
blow a kiss, fire a gun
Super ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Mac:
Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian and her family

All are horrible human beings that need to be erased from existence... Beyonce and Jay-Z are members of the Illuminati/NWO, Bieber is a tool and an idiot, Kanye is an annoying idiot... and do I have to explain the Kardashians?
Quote originally posted by Dave:
If you could end an artist's career, whether it be a mainstream pop artist or an obscure indie rock band, permanently, meaning they could never release another song or album again, what artist would it be and what are your reasonings?
I don't want to know what horrid world you live in where the Kardashians are pop stars or a band, lol. But they're not music artists. Just people famous for one of them having a sex tape.

Old July 2nd, 2013 (06:59 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
I don't want to know what horrid world you live in where the Kardashians are pop stars or a band, lol. But they're not music artists. Just people famous for one of them having a sex tape.
Kim Kardashian actually made ONE song, haha

Although it's only one song and she doesn't plan on making an album anytime soon
Old July 2nd, 2013 (07:14 PM).
blow a kiss, fire a gun
Super ModeratorCS

I bet it's better than I Hit It First. That in mind, it brings up another artist worthy of an ended career...too bad it was never started to begin with.

Old July 2nd, 2013 (07:45 PM).
Paper plane~
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Lady Gaga and Nicki minaj...what in world?? i have no idea

Old July 2nd, 2013 (08:47 PM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Are you ready? Okay. No Particular Order.

Nicki Minaj
Drake
Rhianna
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Justin Bieber
Kanye West
Alicia Keys
One Direction
Taylor Swift
Lil Wayne
Nickelback
Michael Buble
Ellie Goulding
Ed Sheeran
Wiz Khalifa
Chris Brown
Bruno Mars
Pitbull
Shakira
Maroon 5 / Adam Levine
Kesha
Flo-rida
Fun
Carly Rae Jepsen
T.I.
Iggy Azalea
Selena Gomez

And a lot of other genre/foreign artists that I can't think of right now.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (09:57 PM).
The last Saskatchewan pirate.
ModeratorCS

Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
It didn't take me long to have Chris Brown pop into my head. With all of the stupid stuff that he's done over his relatively short career, I'd have no problem if his career were to come to an end.

And while it's already been said, I'd put Justin Bieber on this list as well. I've never cared for his music, but never had a problem with the guy himself for the longest time. More recently, though, it seems like he's letting the success get to his head, and if you look up any of the "Beliebers" on Twitter, etc., it's almost scary how overly obsessed they are with the guy. I think it would be healthy for everyone if he faded away, as I'm sure he's already set for life with the money he's made.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (10:14 PM). Edited July 2nd, 2013 by Limerent.
Platinum Tier

My choice is Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Justin Beiber, 1D, and any rapper that blares about firetrucking female dogs, taking drugs and shooting up other "African Americans". Just for producing tasteless music with rude words targeted at pre-teens "twelvies" that encourage negative behaviours and stereotypes. In the case of JB and 1D being more soppy than an episode of House Husbands, The Bold and The Beautiful or some other really soppy soap opera.

I can proudly say I have never listened to a song from any of those artists and am not in a position to judge
Old July 3rd, 2013 (12:09 AM).
Fire Trainer

Justin Beiber, One Direction, pretty much any rapper or heavy metal band, and every Disney star that for some reason sings too. Also, Lady Gaga. They're all horrid.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:59 AM).
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I am indifferent towards many artists/bands when it comes to their music, but their conduct is a whole different story. If I had to pick just one artist whose career I'd end, I'd pick Taylor Swift. It's hard to believe that such an unpleasant person has so many fans. Even if one were to say that her bad press was just a bunch of PR stunts gone wrong, they'd have to excuse her music as well. It's as if her songs were written to be simple enough for any child to understand since they make her sound like a child and most of her fans are children, but the messages within them are so terrible that I would never let my daughter listen to her music until she's old enough to understand it. Hell, at that age I'd probably give my daughter a crash course in music from this decade to help her understand why people whine about all music of entire genres being bad.

P.S. I love Ke$ha.

Second place would probably be Bieber, but with more focus on his conduct than Taylor Swift. It seems like he got to be a smug little chumpstick with a huge ego ever since he hit puberty. In the past year or so he's done and said so many things that have been flat-out stupid. My personal favorite is his Anne Frank comment, but that illegal tattoo comes in close second (because that one's just plain funny).
Old July 3rd, 2013 (07:33 AM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
I'd end the careers of Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and One Direction if I could. Choosing just one would be hard, but if I really have to, I'd say Justin Bieber.

His music is awful and it's all getting repetitive. All the songs he write are about girls and all these tweens worship him like he's a god or something and throw a fit at anyone who hates him one bit. They're annoying. Plus he's becoming a big tool as of lately doing all this controversial/negative stuff just for media attention.

Honors go to Nicki Minaj though. Her music is just as awful, in fact, it's even worse than Bieber's. She just puts the most random junk in her songs and none of them make no sense and are just obnoxious. Particularly I hate "Pound The Alarm" and "Stupid Hoe" the most. (particularly this part in Pound The Alarm is obnoxious and this part in Stupid Hoe. ) All of her songs are just awful and I wish the person who told her she had talent didn't exist.

Where'd you hear that from? I honestly hate how people make up theories of certain stars being Illuminati/NWO members cause of things they say/do and clothes they wear/other things. To me that makes no sense and unless the star states they're part of the Illuminati/NWO themselves , I don't buy it.
It's all over conspiracy theories websites that my wife likes to frequent. She's huge into it. I shouldn't have said it as fact. I just dislike them for being a part of big media and everything.
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
No but they're "famous" and their "careers" need to be ended now please.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (11:49 AM).
Silver Tier

Can I just end America's music career? No, not the band America. I mean the collective music careers of America. I know there will be a lot of unintended and unfair casualties, but I think that in the end it's for the best that it be put out of its misery.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (12:12 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
A lot of votes for Justin Bieber, and although I'm not into his music either, I'd more importantly end Katy Perry's music career. Her voice is really quite annoying since that Firework song was released. I'd also want to stop Pink's career, especially after that awful Blow Me song which made me cringe.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)