The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM
ilias_
I completed the Pokédex!

Nature: Calm
haha I voted that Sylveon was going to be Normal type haha Although deep inside I knew it was going to be a new type! haha Sylveon has grown in me. It is a cool Pokemon, hope its stats will be good. Can't wait to see how Eevee will evolve into Sylveon.
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I voted Normal because I was not expecting a new type, actually it was quite excepted but I just was hoping there will be no new type and wanted to believe they won't add an new type for the sake of the game. But apparently I am falling in love of the Fairy type. :]
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:08 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
LOL I voted flying because I NEVER expected a new type, the name Fairy wasn't appealing to me at first but I'll live with it, & now I can finally use a Clefairy in my team with no regrets
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:00 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
I wonder if Sylveon is going to be the only new Eeveelution this time? I am waiting to see another Eeveelution this generation. Dragon type? How do you make a canine-like Pokémon look like a dragon?
If there is another they're keeping from us, I see it being Dragon as it fits with the pattern of the other duos having one member defeating the other, and thus far Dragon is only weak against itself (which is what made me think Sylveon was part dragon as we had/have yet to see a counterpart), Ice, and Fairy now. Also that'll make the theme of the generation mythical in typing oppose to spring and winter of gen 4, Night and Day of 2, and Water-Ice-Fire of 1.
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Clemps
I'm stuck in the bath

Nature: Relaxed
I was positive on the day of Sylveon's release that it was a new type. It didn't look like any other type, and it was being kept secret.

I was leaning towards 'magic' type, but fairy type is just fine. Adds another mythical creature to the ranks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrClemps °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
To be honest a new type didn't even enter my mind until like two weeks later when speculation about the Fairy type was rife, I was initially convinced that Sylveon was a Flying type.

Old June 18th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemps View Post
I was positive on the day of Sylveon's release that it was a new type. It didn't look like any other type, and it was being kept secret.

I was leaning towards 'magic' type, but fairy type is just fine. Adds another mythical creature to the ranks.
I thought the same thing at first sight, but I allowed my desire for a Dragon eeveelution muddy my judgement. Now if only there was a Dragon counterpart to Sylveon...
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I thought Sylveon was Flying Type till the Big Reveal. I never though Fairy Type would happen, but now I'm a big Fan of Fairy Type.

Dragon vs Fairy evolutions would be great. They got to make a dragon sometime. However, I don't think there will be a new Eevee.

Because, after all the hype with Sylveon, anything else would be a second banana. No one would be as excited as they were for Sylveon. There is so much limelight on Sylveon, it just wouln't be fair to the others.
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hidden Power

What's the fun on this poll if Sylveon's type has already been announced? Please, any mod close it!
Old June 18th, 2013, 11:41 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
What's the fun on this poll if Sylveon's type has already been announced? Please, any mod close it!
THE DEBATES MUST GO ON!!!!!
LOL jk I'm all for closing this
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
I thought Sylveon was Flying Type till the Big Reveal. I never though Fairy Type would happen, but now I'm a big Fan of Fairy Type.

Dragon vs Fairy evolutions would be great. They got to make a dragon sometime. However, I don't think there will be a new Eevee.

Because, after all the hype with Sylveon, anything else would be a second banana. No one would be as excited as they were for Sylveon. There is so much limelight on Sylveon, it just wouln't be fair to the others.
True, but some other pairs and trios have had one member get more lime light than others such as Zekrom in the spin offs compared to Reshiram, just look at Conquest, as well as Zekrom appearing more in the anime.

Hopefully this lime light inequality will be fixed with giving a main character a dragon eeveelution if there's one.

I'm thinking Sylveon will be special oriented as the Fairy type moves we've seen look quite special like...which would make sense as Eevee has evolved into all the special types except for dragon. Fairy came after gen 3 but it still seems to have similar characteristics as psychic and dragon (well the special dragon moves) to some extent. So Sylveon being the first non formerly special eeveelution being special oriented can be like a shout out to the formerly special eeveelutions.
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:24 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I wonder if Sylveon will have the usual moves that the other Eeveelutions do in the beginning (Tackle, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, etc.)? I also kind of wonder if Sylveon will be like Suicune and have Gust as one of its moves because of the streamer-like tails they have?
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:59 PM
thedhp

Here's an idea... sorry if it's already been discussed.

What if there is another Eeveelution that hasn't been announced? They've always come out in pairs as far as I can remember. Something to counter Sylveon... like a Dragon Eevee?
Old June 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedhp View Post
Here's an idea... sorry if it's already been discussed.

What if there is another Eeveelution that hasn't been announced? They've always come out in pairs as far as I can remember. Something to counter Sylveon... like a Dragon Eevee?
Gamefreak has said there are no set patterns. Just because they were released in pairs twice doesn't mean anything. Most of the marketing for Sylveon has been saying she's the only new Eevee evolution.
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:21 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I highly doubt there will be another Eeveelution introduced, I just can't see it happening especially now that we've got a new type accommodated with Sylveon. It's fine as it is tbh.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
looking up the height of the Eeveelutions, Sylveon is larger than all the others. Why do you think that is? Why is Sylveon the larger one?
Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Leave that on to game freak bro..
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Pikapia
The One Who Will Destroy Everything

Actually, Sylveon isn't larger than the others. I'm assuming you're talking about both height and weight. You see, with height, Eevee is 1'00", Vaporeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Sylveon are all 3'03". Jolteon is 2'07", and Flareon and Espeon are both 2'11". With weight, Sylveon is the second lightest, losing only to Eevee. Vaporeon is the heaviest. So I guess Vaporeon is the largest Eeveelution. Hope that cleared everything up!
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapia View Post
Actually, Sylveon isn't larger than the others. I'm assuming you're talking about both height and weight. You see, with height, Eevee is 1'00", Vaporeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Sylveon are all 3'03". Jolteon is 2'07", and Flareon and Espeon are both 2'11". With weight, Sylveon is the second lightest, losing only to Eevee. Vaporeon is the heaviest. So I guess Vaporeon is the largest Eeveelution. Hope that cleared everything up!

I must have not paid attention then. you see I deal with only Flareon & Jolteon's height on a frequent basis. and occasionally Eevee. because in my photomanipulations those are the three I use most (and Sylveon) and all three are 2' and Sylveon is 3'. don't do much with other Eeveelutions so...
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
BUKKØW

Nature: Brave
I dont think its that big of a deal and really isnt an issue to me

3DS FC: 5429-9023-9555
Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:42 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I merged your topic with this more general Sylveon thread.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
I'm probably late but, I knew Sylveon was going to be a new type. I thought it was going to be Light type and that Light and Sound would be introduced this time but, I was wrong. I was not expecting Fairy to be a type. I've accepted it but, I'm still indifferent about it. I knew it wouldn't be Normal type because...well, why wouldn't a Normal type Eeveelution, look like Eevee? And it didn't look like Flying for me and when I was trying to guess its type I was already on the new type boat. Also, I'm fully expecting a second eeveelution to be brought out alongside Sylveon. It'll either be Dragon, since Fairy is super effective to it, or, it'll be something that is super effective to Fairy. I'm kind of hoping for Dragon though. I suppose it doesn't matter since I already got my Umbreon but, I can still speculate!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
excalinator

I really like Sylveon's design! Currently my favorite generation 5 'mon :D
Old July 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalinator View Post
I really like Sylveon's design! Currently my favorite generation 5 'mon :D
We're in gen 6 hun. Gen 5 didn't have any eevee evolutions.

EDIT:

Just saw a picture that was from the video showcasing Fairy Type Pokemon. Sylveon has the Male symbol by its name. I didn't remember anyone saying that Sylveon was male so I thought I should bring it up.

No Gender based Evolution got Eevee as Sylveon most likely retains the 87.5:12.5 Male to Female ratio that the line has.

Last edited by Khrysta; July 3rd, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:06 AM
reniersnyder
The Glaceon Girl

According to what the info states, it will be stronger than a legendary pokemon.. Faster than deoxys, stronger than arceus but only at Lv. 100. Well how it evolves. is by a fairy stone.. Don,t ask but moon stone is being changed to a fairy stone.

More info will be coming soon. A friend in Japan told me this.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links