The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 2nd, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I never liked conquest. such a bad game lol.

Nothing new hunting for Lunatone and solrock atm for July quest.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (08:56 PM).
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
This is the hatching that never ends, never ends, never ends! This is the hatching that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends!
[/url]
Some people started hatching, not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue hatching it forever just because,
This is the hatching that never ends....

Sorry I had to

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (08:21 AM). Edited July 3rd, 2013 by KurtSnowee.
KurtSnowee

Hey Guys!
I've never seen or obviously caught a shiny Pokemon yet throughout ANY of the games, but I have recently taken a "shine" to these new Pokemon.I would really love to join the Shiny Hunters and signed up on PC just to give it a shot!
~EDIT~
Forgot to add that I'm gonna start my hunting with a Steelix!
Old July 3rd, 2013 (09:10 AM).
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Greetings, Kurt! Welcome to PC and the SHC!

A Steelix, huh? That's a pretty nice choice! Which game are you hunting it on, and through which method?

Feel free to drop some updates or have a small chat with us while you're doing stuff in-game. It's great to talk about the goings of the hunts so we can all share our Shiny hunting spirit! Speaking of which...

I'm still going at it, myself! Stuffing Nincada into five different boxes until they're full, then uploading them to Pokécheck to see their IVs, keeping any nice ones in the process.

Look at this crazy guy! Too bad about the nature, but it's great for breeding. I now have that one along with this one for breeding. No Masuda, but those 31 IVs are popping out all the time.

Good luck with your hunts, everyone! I'll be around.

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481
Old July 3rd, 2013 (09:55 AM). Edited July 3rd, 2013 by Chr. Draco.
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

hi there and welcome to the club kurt: interesting target, i wonder if you're going to catch it as a steelix or catch an onix and evolve it.

Looks like hatching has become popular recently, time to make those magma body pokemon work extra time. Speaking of hatching, i decided to hatch some eggs in hopes for a shiny; no shiny this time but at least it has 5 percfect iv's and the desired nature, the only problem, i don't know what to do with it since it has lots of potential. i would have liked it to be shiny so that it could have been jackpot and bonus. (game corner reference).

Currently SRing in platinum, you can guess which is my target since there are Little amount to SR in platinum that are not roamers.

Cya and happy hunting.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (12:28 PM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've been playing Voltorb Flip (almost to 450 coins) to get a Sandshrew. I plan to SR for it until I get a shiny one- I've taken a liking to shiny Sandlash.

I lost one of my game systems recently- it's around the house somewhere -so I can't SR on Heartgold. I've been using the Pokeradar in the Trophy Garden, as well, in hopes of running into either a Pikachu with a Light Ball or a shiny Pokemon. I have yet to find either.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old July 3rd, 2013 (02:11 PM).
ViIsOP

Hello everyone! I would like to join this group if it's okay. I own Two shinies, A Ninjask and a Pichu. I got both of them in Emerald.

Old July 3rd, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViIsOP View Post
Hello everyone! I would like to join this group if it's okay. I own Two shinies, A Ninjask and a Pichu. I got both of them in Emerald.
By posting a message you have joined!

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back
Old July 3rd, 2013 (02:23 PM).
KurtSnowee

Thanks for the warm welcome!
With Steelix I'm going for a hunt in Soulsilver mainly because that is my favourite game with the two regions and all. I'm gonna go for the good old random encounter Onix & then evolve it :p
Old July 3rd, 2013 (02:35 PM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtSnowee View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome!
With Steelix I'm going for a hunt in Soulsilver mainly because that is my favourite game with the two regions and all. I'm gonna go for the good old random encounter Onix & then evolve it :p
Hope you have a masterball in case you find a shiny geodude/graveller and it wants to self destruct...

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old July 3rd, 2013 (02:54 PM).
ViIsOP

Thank you for the welcome...And I let a shiny koffing get away like that. =/

Old July 3rd, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViIsOP View Post
Thank you for the welcome...And I let a shiny koffing get away like that. =/
Thankfully I have no stories like that. However I haven't been in a Safari Zone since Gen 1, other when needed in the storyline...

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:07 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Welcome VI; i see you like league of legends.

People, when hunting for shinies that explode or selfdestruct, always have a pokemon with the damp ability, the most common and easiest to find i think its psyduck, and its typing is good agaisnt most of them i guess, just always have ítems to heal it and try to have it a high enough level where it can survive several hits while you try to catch your explosive target. Of course remember to have lots of different kinds of pokeballs as you can.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:11 PM).
KurtSnowee

About to start a new hunt and what happens? My best mate rings me on Skype telling me he just restarted his Pokemon Black game. I asked him what the big deal about that was and he told me the first Pokemon he saw was a SHINY Patrat. Irony.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:12 PM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
About to start a new hunt and what happens? My best mate rings me on Skype telling me he just restarted his Pokemon Black game. I asked him what the big deal about that was and he told me the first Pokemon he saw was a SHINY Patrat. Irony.
By first you mean before he had pokeballs? If so, that sucks....

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:15 PM).
KurtSnowee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthagerous View Post
By first you mean before he had pokeballs? If so, that sucks....
Yup, the first Pokemon he saw WITH Pokeballs! He just sent me about 300 screenshots considering it's the first shiny he's ever seen. Also just a quick update I'm going to be focusing my search in Union Cave! Also when I {hopefully} get Steelix what game do you recommend keeping it in? Soulsilver? or should i put it in Black so it's in the lastest game?
Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:35 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

you can send it to black if you are not planning to use it in SS, also make sure you teach it any move it can only learn in IV gen if you plan to use it in battling and depending on your strategy think what move would be useful to have; also consider the fact of EV berries and where you can easily EV train it, if it's easier to train in SS keep it there for some time until you have it fully trained and with the moves you want it to have, if you can easily train it in black, you can send it right away after you are sure it has at least the moves you want, like tutor moves, just in case you don't have bw2 where you can teach some tutor moves.
Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:43 PM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Yup, the first Pokemon he saw WITH Pokeballs! He just sent me about 300 screenshots considering it's the first shiny he's ever seen. Also just a quick update I'm going to be focusing my search in Union Cave! Also when I {hopefully} get Steelix what game do you recommend keeping it in? Soulsilver? or should i put it in Black so it's in the lastest game?
I am a fan of the 4th Gen, so all mine are on HG. Once/if I get a copy of a 5th gen I will still probably keep on HG as I'm not that into the later ones. Unless you are into online/competitive battling put it on your favourite game

Out of interest, why union cave? If it's Steelix you want you only have a 5-10% chance any given Pokemon will be an Onix, as opposed to some bits of Mt Silver where it hits 30%. Or the lower floor of Rock Tunnel has (maybe) cooler other Pokemon with still a 10% chance (IMO cubone+kangaskan are better than sandshrew+rattata). I assume you aren't that far through the game yet?

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old July 3rd, 2013 (04:43 PM). Edited July 3rd, 2013 by KurtSnowee.
KurtSnowee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
you can send it to black if you are not planning to use it in SS, also make sure you teach it any move it can only learn in IV gen if you plan to use it in battling and depending on your strategy think what move would be useful to have; also consider the fact of EV berries and where you can easily EV train it, if it's easier to train in SS keep it there for some time until you have it fully trained and with the moves you want it to have, if you can easily train it in black, you can send it right away after you are sure it has at least the moves you want, like tutor moves, just in case you don't have bw2 where you can teach some tutor moves.
I definitely take it to Black considering it's let latest game, thanks for all the tips such as the Move Tutor! You were right about me not having BW2 as that was the only game of the series I haven't played because i lost interest when it came out! Will defiantly take your words to actions though.

Quote:
I am a fan of the 4th Gen, so all mine are on HG. Once/if I get a copy of a 5th gen I will still probably keep on HG as I'm not that into the later ones. Unless you are into online/competitive battling put it on your favourite game

Out of interest, why union cave? If it's Steelix you want you only have a 5-10% chance any given Pokemon will be an Onix, as opposed to some bits of Mt Silver where it hits 30%. Or the lower floor of Rock Tunnel has (maybe) cooler other Pokemon with still a 10% chance (IMO cubone+kangaskan are better than sandshrew+rattata). I assume you aren't that far through the game yet?
Unfortunatly i whipped out my DS & I was chillin with Falkner. I may have to wait abit & go with the flow of the game for awhile
Old July 3rd, 2013 (10:54 PM).
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Quote:
what game do you recommend keeping it in? Soulsilver? or should i put it in Black so it's in the lastest game?
Why not both?

If you have (or can change to) WEP-based Internet encryption, you can make an account at Pokécheck, register your save file, upload your Shiny through their fakeGTS service and then queue it for download on Gen V. This way, you can have a golden Steelix being a super sweet guy following your character in Soul Silver while also having him in Gen V!

Old July 3rd, 2013 (11:44 PM).
KurtSnowee

Finally got to Union Cave, I'll try there for awhile & if i don't see many Onix's I'll continue to another cave-like area! Wish me luck! Pidgey Evolved :o Quick Question if anyone knows as well, is Rage worth keeping on Totodile for awhile?
Old July 4th, 2013 (12:01 AM).
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Can't say I've ever gotten much of a use out of Rage. It's reactive and takes a while to build up. May be alright if you have absolutely nothing else of value to overwrite it, though.

Old July 4th, 2013 (12:33 AM).
KurtSnowee

Ok. I decided for sure that I'm going to wait until further down the track to hunt down this Steelix, considering the odds are 10% for a regular Onix in Union Cave, I'm gonna wait till Mt.Silver as they are at their peak of 30% of the Mountainside
Old July 4th, 2013 (12:36 AM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Ok. I decided for sure that I'm going to wait until further down the track to hunt down this Steelix, considering the odds are 10% for a regular Onix in Union Cave, I'm gonna wait till Mt.Silver as they are at their peak of 30% of the Mountainside
If you want Steelix then that is a good idea. Wonder who suggested that. Oh wait it was me

Seriously, ANY increase is probably worth it given the huge odds we are dealing with.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old July 4th, 2013 (12:45 AM).
KurtSnowee

Quote:
If you want Steelix then that is a good idea. Wonder who suggested that. Oh wait it was me

Seriously, ANY increase is probably worth it given the huge odds we are dealing with.
Haha yeah thanks for the tips! I've been research every inch of Onix/Steelix today, I'm in SoulSilver so I'll try to use some Heavy Balls when i see one! Just gotta stock up on Black Apricorns!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links