The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Proud To Be A Brony
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Nature: Bashful
Is it just me or does Mistys Psyduck in the first seasons of pokemonl always put a smile on your face? I personally can't help but laugh everytime Psyduck bursts out of his pokeball when Misty is choosing a totally different pokemon. And then theres Psyducks "moments" that just make me burst into tears of laugher. But Psyduck also had that pretty badass side to it. I just love Mistys Psyduck...it never fails to put a smile on my face

Does anyone have the same thoughts and opnion of Mistys Psyduck, as me?
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:09 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Yes Psyduck was a funny little fellow and when he sees anyone that face he makes makes laugh out of the chair. I think the Unova saga also adopted this sort of think a lil bit and Ash's Oshawott started to do these sort of things
Old July 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Psyduck used to be my favorite Pokemon. I loved Misty's especially. It was funny and I heavily miss it for being left at the gym. I loved it to death and I want to see it again. Other than what it did, I loved when it had a headache the most. Yay, Psychic powers!
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old July 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Proud To Be A Brony
Typhlosion goes BOOM

As derpy as he was, that little Psyduck was just pure awesome x3 and omg is it strong :o I may actually start using psyduck in my black 2 :3
I am currently watching the whole entire anime from season one to present season now on episode 5 of season 2 xD

I'm a Brony, I'm proud to be one, and nobody can change who I am!
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Every time I saw Psyduck, most of the time I would burst out laughing, it always did lot of funny stuff. I never did like Psyduck at that time (the Pokemon that is) since back then I only liked Meowth & Persian. [I'm doing the same thing as SupernovaTypholosion, I'm rewatching all episodes from the early nostalgia but in my native Spanish dub - at the moment season 1 - episode 58 "¡Decíframe Esto!"]
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I agree! He's so ridiculously adorable and still one of the most unique Pokemon we've had on the cast. I miss the little guy. <3

Old July 7th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Proud To Be A Brony
Typhlosion goes BOOM

They should do a series (or season) where Kanto has new gym leaders, new elite four etc, and ash travels around Kanto with Misty and Brock again. And in one of them, Misty and Psyduck are reunited :3 probably wouldn't work out, but hey, a guy can dream can't he? XD
Old July 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Psyduck was my fave of Misty's Pokemon, because it started a trend for the main cast to have at least one Pokemon providing a comedy relief role. I do miss it a lot but I did start liking Psyduck in general because of Misty.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old July 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
T-Zombie
The End (?)

Psyduck did have his funny moments but as an actual pokemon (battling) he kind of sucks. He can't swim so he uses a floaty with hearts on it. He's sorta like the Patrick of pokemon: kind of dumb and useless but is funny and has his moments where he is useful.
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Proud To Be A Brony
Typhlosion goes BOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Zombie View Post
Psyduck did have his funny moments but as an actual pokemon (battling) he kind of sucks. He can't swim so he uses a floaty with hearts on it. He's sorta like the Patrick of pokemon: kind of dumb and useless but is funny and has his moments where he is useful.
Wrong At times, Psyduck was incredibly powerful. Eg. In the episode where they helped make a film, Psyduck released ash and everyone from the claw machine thingy, using confusion. Only sometimes, Psyduck was kinda useless, but Psyduck is not an overall useless pokemon.
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Wuddupz

Psyduck was pretty awesome, I remember when he used his psychic powers the first few times it was the coolest. And that episode where she thought it evolved into Golduck haha.
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Why doesn't the new series have personalities like Psyduck anymore? He added comic relief like no other.
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:58 PM
ErikaInRainbowCity
Everyday I'm Tumblin'

Nature: Hasty
I always thought Jessie's Wobbufett was the replacement for Psyduck lol but now both are gone I recently rewatched the episode "Princess v. Princess" in season one and the battle with Lickitung and Psyduck was pure gold

PhotoSYNTHESIS
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

We need a new Psyduck! New viewers will never know how humorous he was.

I think Oshawott is the closest we've had to a new Psyduck. He comes out of Ash's pokeball without permission, to take the role of another pokemon in battle. Although he can be comic relief in battle, it's not quite the same. Part of the psyduck gag was that his trainer got frustrated at him, and that he acted very stupidly. Neither Oshawott, Piplup, nor Gible's comic relief has filled this well.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links