• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen One thing from the future.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The box system! If your box was full, it wouldn't allow you to catch the Pokemon. It was tedious to remember to change the box, and for a kid, you don't think of things like that until you're trying to capture a legendary. That is what I would change, and it would have made things much more easier.

This. And the bag, seriously, why does the bag has so limited space!?!

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
I would remove or add nothing. I'd improve AI. Really. Fighting a Gengar vs Lance's Dragonair? He would use Agility and nothing else, because it's type is Psychic.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I know younger me would have loved to be able to rebattle almost everyone in the game like in Gold/Silver. After a certain point there isn't really anyone to fight except the Elite Four repeatedly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
move relearner. some higher level Pokemon like legendaries missed a lot of move, and you cannot get the move you want. even trading to G/S and breeding is not a solution because, well, they are legendaries..

Years
A bag with actual pockets... I would even think about unlimited bag space like in Gen V. But it was ridiculous in RBY. There was no room for anything. It was all taken up with Key Items (like Map and Silph Scope and Fishing Rod) and the HMs took up space too. Ugh.

Noka

I'ma nerd
Years
Ooh, tough question, but in the end I think I'd have to saaaay...

Unique evolutions. Like how Eevee can only evolve into Leafeon at the Moss Rock.

Years
oh god, the possiblities. In RBY i would add the Day Night cycle. Athet did a phenomenal job of it in GSC and i would have really enjoyed it in RBY ~blu

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
I'd have to add Running Shoes. I found it very tedious to play the first Gen games because of the absence of Running Shoes.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
More Dragon-type moves, as there was only dragon rage back then, that always dealt 40 HP damage.

Sirfetch’d

I'd add breeding in the games. Ever since breeding was introduced it has been a staple of the games and I think would make the originals really cool!

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Oh man definitely separate compartments in the bag. Besides the fact that you can't carry very much in the bag anyway, the lack of organization makes me batty.

Back