Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page Better or worse?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Black/White or Black/White 2?
Black/White 15 36.59%
Black/White 2 26 63.41%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 22nd, 2013 (10:05 PM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
This is the thread where you rate Pokemon White/Black with Pokemon White/Black 2.

I have watched my sister play it and really, it is a little... strange. Sure, the storyline isn't bad but the activities is like one of those games which you think is awesome, but over time you begin to hate it.

POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE FOR THE WIN!!! :D
Old June 22nd, 2013 (10:24 PM).
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I prefer B2. I love all the formes available and the PWT is awesome
Old June 24th, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Pokemon trainer

Nature: Modest
I like black an white 2 more, the PWT and pokestar studio are fun addition to tge game.

3Ds code- 3497-0110-1817

IGN: Zack
Old June 24th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
Nintendo is for awesome people

I prefer Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, because it had a lot of Pokemon from the first four generations. I did miss Pikachu and Gengar, but still...

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old June 24th, 2013 (12:23 PM). Edited June 24th, 2013 by Sandshrew4.
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
Both were extremely easy for me, so I can't rate it on difficulty. I suppose I like black and white 2 better because of all the new features, but I didn't particularly enjoy the storyline of either.

Both were extremely easy for me, so I can't rate it on difficulty. I suppose I like black and white 2 better because of all the new features, but I didn't particularly enjoy the storyline of either.
Old June 24th, 2013 (01:15 PM).
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
Equal for me not 50/50 more like 49/61, I'm still a bit closer to: Black 2 / White 2 - most of the reasons have been mentioned above me.... PWT, PokeStar Studios, at least for me more stuff to explore in the post game.

[Both games have all the Pokemon I really want to use (Dewott, Mienshao, and Watchog), both difficulty is the same, both have the stadiums in Nimbasa.....]

Old June 24th, 2013 (02:50 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to riod
So should I transfer my pokemons from soul silver to white 2?
Old June 25th, 2013 (04:07 AM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by riod:
So should I transfer my pokemons from soul silver to white 2?

Yeah. It would be easier, unless you want to start fresh altogether.
Old June 25th, 2013 (04:47 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Black and White 2. It is the only main series game with an antagonist that actually tries to KILL you! B/W was nice but it was too linear for me. When I first played white 2, I got lost. No joke.
Old June 25th, 2013 (09:08 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to riod
Quote originally posted by Gym Leader Rozu:
Yeah. It would be easier, unless you want to start fresh altogether.
Well, I already beat the pkmn league by the first time, so I think it is fair to trade my iv bred, ep trained pokemon that are not already lvl 100, so I can train them while having fun, not only fight the league over and over again. I'm just afraid to feel nostalgic and want to play SS again, but I think that I have more things to do in w2 :/ hard choice xD
Old June 26th, 2013 (12:15 AM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by riod:
Well, I already beat the pkmn league by the first time, so I think it is fair to trade my iv bred, ep trained pokemon that are not already lvl 100, so I can train them while having fun, not only fight the league over and over again. I'm just afraid to feel nostalgic and want to play SS again, but I think that I have more things to do in w2 :/ hard choice xD

I didn't understand a word. xD I would recommend trading because on the next game you buy it may seem a bit difficult with the Pokemon League and such. It's always good to have a back-up Pokemon Team waiting in your PC.

This bit is for different posters. Pokemon Black 2's extra features (AND people trying to kill you) are the only thing which makes it a little bit more fun. But completing Pokemon Black, didn't that thrill you and make you enjoy Pokemon all the more? The characters are memorable and it still has some originality. Not SO much, but it makes you remember the older games. Like LeafGreen and such. xD
Old June 26th, 2013 (01:06 AM).

Nature: Bashful
the only thing I liked more in black 2 than white 1 is the use of items, its much easier, and the option to put pokemon list on the short cut page. hmm I can't think of anything else, I like them both the same, they were both great.

and oh yeah, Cheren challenged me more than emm the rival guy in black 2 (I call him lex (from superman, lex luthor, but you can't put the whole name so just lex) :p so that aspect of white I like more than black 2.

FC: 4441 - 9051 - 9936 Superman X
X team: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Charizard X, & Lapras.

PM me and let me know if you added me, thanks
Old June 26th, 2013 (01:14 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

I prefer white 2/Black 2 because it added so much to the game..PTW/Poke studios and my favorite Marine tunnel.
Old June 26th, 2013 (02:40 AM).
What is love, if one could not see it?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Koishi Komeiji
Black/White 2 had changes that added things to the aftergame, like the Pokemon World Tournament. Black and White's aftergame just seemed like nothing, sadly, and Neo Team Plasma's new goal shifting from seemingly being good, to downright common bad-guy-take-over-world plots...it seemed a bit classic to me.

Also, dat free space area in your bag.
beloved
theme
credit
Old June 26th, 2013 (04:19 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Black 2/White 2 purely due to character appearance and all-region Pokémon. Black holds a better story, although Gameplay for the win.
I really like some of the other stuff such as that medal thingy, Marine Tube and of course PokéStar Studios! They really give more miscellaneous things to do around in the game, and make it less about purely beating the Elite Four.
Old June 30th, 2013 (08:37 PM).
1000 years of pain!!!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Black/White 2, because you can have Pokemon from the International Pokedex, the characters are much better, there are new places and they have a water type gym!
Old July 4th, 2013 (03:40 AM).

I prefer Black and White 2. While the addition of the first and second generation of Pokemon immediately gives it points, I prefer it because the story wasn't as obnoxiously in your face as in Black and White.

In the first games every five steps you'd be interrupted by one of the main characters either calling you on that video phone thing, appearing in front of you and saying "Hurry up! There's a town ahead!" or some obnoxious plot-related problem.

The second games still hold your hand too much, but it's usually in the more manageable form of friendly trainers giving you items when you beat them, rather than main characters talking to you all the time.
Old July 4th, 2013 (07:22 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Like a majority, I prefer the sequels, Black 2 and White 2. The sequels have every feature of the original Black/White, with more. Although some trainers that you could battle in Black/White aren't able to be battled (in a normal way) in Black 2/White 2, B2W2 has more features overall.
Old July 6th, 2013 (02:13 AM).
Banned

I guess you guys have points. But think about the good times of playing Pokemon Black and getting through, also meeting up with Cheren and Bianca!

The biggest thing in Pokemon Black 2 in my opinion is the international tournaments. The other things were just distractions, a little fun asset to distract us. :x
Old July 6th, 2013 (02:18 AM).

im not sure which one I liked. I preferred the black/white map, because the black/white 2 map seemed to not make full use of great areas like the starting town. i thought the story in the sequels wasn't as good, and the constant, lazy references to the prequels was so annoying. "Gosh, i haven't had a battle that good since.... oh, about two years exactly". but the added features were better so ill have to say the sequels
Old July 6th, 2013 (09:46 AM).

When it gets right down to it, I prefer Black and White, but only by a bit. I really like all the side stuff to do in B2/W2 and some of the features they added were really nice (and long overdue), but I just loved the whole feel of B/W - it really did feel fresh and new, and since my favorite part of playing a new pokemon game is finding and catching and using and getting to know all the new pokemon, it was just great to have a game in which there was nothing but new pokemon.
Old July 6th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
I highly prefer BW2. The story was much more engaging and I loved how involved your rival was this time around. Black and White weren't bad, not at all, but I just preferred the features and changes to the story B/W2 brought!
Old July 6th, 2013 (12:33 PM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
GF has never made a third game that was worse than the previous ones in a generation. There's the exception of Yellow, true, but I don't consider Yellow a "proper" third game. That one was Pokémon Blue version from Japan, from which the sprites of the American versions of Red and Blue were taken. As everyone knows by now, the proper Japanese versions were Red and Green, with Blue as the third, forming the perfect RGB color spectrum.

I think the story of BW was superior, but a lot of things I found wrong with BW2 were due to the fact it was released after BW, using the same region as a template. Mainly, the fact that, from Nimbasa to Mistralton, the story is a repetition of the BW one. If BW2 was BW1, I think it would've been even better received.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old July 9th, 2013 (08:46 PM).
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I thought the story was much better in BW than it was in BW2. I thought that the story was believable and amazing in BW. It had a sense of depth. But in BW2 they wanted to freeze the whole land with ice... Really? I thought this was lame and not believable at all. I have to say that I was disappointed very much when it came to the storyline in BW2.
Old July 10th, 2013 (12:02 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
BW had the better story, but the sequal added game feature that I wanted a lot. PWT ROTATION BATTLES!

Everyone has wanted to rematch Gym Leaders for a long time. PWT satisfies that itch in a way no one was expecting. Plus, it allows me to indulge in rotation battle which barely existed in the first game.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)