• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why didn't Brock ever "fall in Love" with Jessie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
Has anyone ever noticed that Brock never "Fell in Love" with her? Like the way he does with Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy. Nor any of her "Discuses" I always found Jessie to be pretty attractive when she isn't being a *****. Why do you guys think that is?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
There's more than one time where she's dressed up as nurse Joy or officer Jenny and Brock is able to tell that she isn't the real deal and doesn't fall for her... so he must just not find her attractive.

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Maybe the writers just didn't want to complicate things by making Brock fall in love with a main antagonist that showed up virtually every episode and such? Who knows :P

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Anime logic: She's too young for him.

I'd have thought it was the other way round ... I always thought Jessie and James were 25 - 30, Brock was a teenager aged 16 - 18 and Ash and companion were 10 - 13, but I may be wrong! >:D

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
I'd have thought it was the other way round ... I always thought Jessie and James were 25 - 30, Brock was a teenager aged 16 - 18 and Ash and companion were 10 - 13, but I may be wrong! >:D

Im pretty sure jessie and james are 17-19. Jessie once said her age in an episode in the original series though. and brock is 15 while ash is 10.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
There's more than one time where she's dressed up as nurse Joy or officer Jenny and Brock is able to tell that she isn't the real deal and doesn't fall for her... so he must just not find her attractive.
Brock can tell the difference between all the Nurse Joys and Office Jennys. How can Brock fall for Jessie if she keeps stealing Pokemon from him and his friends? I agree that it would look bad for the writers if he fell in love with Jessie every time she appeared.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
It's because Jessie is part of Team Rocket. You know, since Jessie is a bad guy, Brock has no reason to fall in love with her. That would make him seem like he's betraying Ash and co. So, why would he fall in love with her? It's not a good idea--and he doesn't like Jessie, anyway. You know that he doesn't fall in love with the bad guys.

Years
Basically the reason Yuki's Sword stated, Jessie is a villain so if Brock were to fall in love with her it would have made him betray Ash and his other friends. Brock never falls in love with the bad guys, which explains why every girl he flirts with is usually a Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny or a character of the day.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
It's because they don't want him to fall in love with the main female characters.

Squirtle17

Overlord of the West
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
I'd say probably because it seems that Brock is much younger than Jessie. Either that, or the writers didn't want to make things complicated.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Continuing my previous post which I never actually put a proper reply in, just some strange statement about ages, I think Brock&Jessie would scare younger viewers, and me. :c

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Can you guys ever think of a time in which Brock had a crush on an antagonist female, knowing she was evil? I can't.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Because Broke knew that Jessie was Evil .
Broke lose's his affection toward a girl if she reveal to be Evil .

I always found Jessie to be pretty attractive when she isn't being a *****. Why do you guys think that is?

I never found Jessie attractive !
She is a total disappointment compare to her HOT Mother .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back