The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:32 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
Have you ever written a fanfiction where you only take a few things from the fanbase (e.g. a single Pokémon) and then use your own imagination for the rest? Would this be considered as fanfiction? I'm currently plagued with this as I'm in the planning of a fanfiction that only uses two Pokémon for the whole story (so far).

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old July 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I would say yes, since you're using Pokemon as characters. I don't know what you mean by using your own imagination for the rest, but since you're writing about Pokemon, it can count as a Pokemon fic.
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:56 AM
adventure
in mega we believe

Nature: Naive
I think I know what you might mean. For a RP of mine, I use lots of inspiration from Homestuck, but I also tweak enough of the mechanics and story and features so it can't really be called a Homestuck RP anymore. I take the game they are playing in canon (SBURB) and change it and give it a new name, for instance.

As for pokémon... I'm not sure - if it's about pokémon, as Astinus says, it's about pokémon. That counts as a pokémon fic. I guess the line between what is fanfiction and original fiction can be a bit blurry. But in pokémon, it's fairly clear that if you incorporate a pokémon of some kind in the story, it's a pokémon fic :p

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Crystalanachrony
ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n

Nature: Hardy
I have not personally written any stories like that, no, but I have seen very many that have gone the same way. I really don't think anyone cares if an imaginary Pokémon quota is filled or not, so long as it's a good story.

thank you for waiting!
we've restored your pokémon to full health.

dark monotypeart credit
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links