Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool's paradise, for only a fool will think that it is happiness.
Even if I can be carefree and get laughter from the most stupidest of things, I have a strange policy on my head for myself to always better myself, to not accept being worse than someone at something. I know my interpretation of the quote above is completely wrong, but it was that quote which made me think of that. I don't like being over-joyed over something I've done when I know someone else is doing it better than me, and when I know that I can get to his level by trying. I always want to come out on top if I'm passionate about something. This has helped but also given consequences in the past.

After I'm dead, I would rather people ask why I have no monument, then why I have one.
I would rather do something great and have less people know me for it rather than be famed for something I didn't do. I guess again I've interpreted the quote differently than most people but you know what, it's what you think that counts. I say that quotes are only there to make you think; how you take the message is up to you.
Paired with gimmiepie.
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
The quote by Immortal Technique "I see the world beyond the white and the black"

Overlooking colour and race and seeing each other as one, as brothers and sisters.

The world is bleeding as it is we do not need more hate. We do not need black or Latino or Asian women to believe they are not beautiful because they are not white. I've seen this happen a lot of times and countless of times it hurts. So with that said all women are beautiful and deserve to feel beautiful and blessed because they are all unique in their own exquisite ways.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:25 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I'd like to add a knew quote to my current list of one (haha).

You know what, it's what you think that counts. I say that quotes are only there to make you think; how you take the message is up to you. - Scyke

It just sums everything up perfectly if you ask me. We shouldn't mindlessly abide the norms it is our own interpretation of things that counts and it is up to us what we do with that interpretation. Long live the philosopher Scyke!
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I'd like to add a knew quote to my current list of one (haha).

You know what, it's what you think that counts. I say that quotes are only there to make you think; how you take the message is up to you. - Scyke

It just sums everything up perfectly if you ask me. We shouldn't mindlessly abide the norms it is our own interpretation of things that counts and it is up to us what we do with that interpretation. Long live the philosopher Scyke!
Duuude, I was trying to be serious haha glad I could inspire someone. If this is called inspiration. I think it is.

(kinda an off-topic post, sorry!)
Paired with gimmiepie.
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Maybe not one I quote-unquote 'live by' but never the less, one I like. A lot.

Fortune favors the bold.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by diab_low View Post
The quote by Immortal Technique "I see the world beyond the white and the black"

Overlooking colour and race and seeing each other as one, as brothers and sisters.

The world is bleeding as it is we do not need more hate. We do not need black or Latino or Asian women to believe they are not beautiful because they are not white. I've seen this happen a lot of times and countless of times it hurts. So with that said all women are beautiful and deserve to feel beautiful and blessed because they are all unique in their own exquisite ways.
So many good Immortal Technique quotes, so little time.

Some of my favorite quotes of all time are from one single song.

"The mind of a child is where the revolution begins."

"Ignorance is venomous and murders the soul, spreading like a virus running rampant out of control."

"If the solution has never been to look in yourself, how is it that you expect to find in anywhere else?"

"Even though we survived through the struggle that made us, we still look at ourselves through the eyes of people that hate us."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXtQE-MhY5k
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
"Maze-treaders, whose vision ahead and behind is severely constricted and fragmented, suffer confusion, whereas maze-viewers, who see the pattern whole, from above or in a diagram, are dazzled by its complex artistry. What you see depends on where you stand, and thus, at one and the same time, labyrinths are single (there is one physical structure) and double; they simultaneously incorporate order and disorder, clarity and confusion, unity and multiplicity, artistry and chaos. They may be perceived as a path (a linear but circuitous passage to a goal) or as a pattern (a complete symmetrical design)..Our perception of labyrinths is thus intrinsically unstable: change your perspective and the labyrinth seems to change."

Kinda long but it encapsulates how I experience and view the world, its problems, and its people- and also my personal issues, fears, opinions, and judgments.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud

Last edited by Keiran; June 20th, 2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:38 PM
CardSeller5
Unhatched Egg

It's note the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

God only gives His toughest battles to His strongest soldiers.

Last edited by CardSeller5; June 20th, 2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Cassino
no

Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand.
— Baruch Spinoza
I found myself to embody or at least subscribe to this before I discovered the quote. I have since remembered it due to, perhaps, it being reasonably succinct and as how I might write something. I find the only thing I can do in life which seems meaningful is be wise; having the patience to observe fully and so understand everything within one's experience is, I suppose, an unspeakable joy. Again, the quote hasn't directed me; I've just come across it and find it an adequate descriptor for my life's directive.

One should not utter a word about his own inadequacies. In the Oko it says: "When a man lets out a single word, the long and short of him will be known."
— Takeda Nobushige
Rather difficult to elaborate on, without doing what it says not to. I hate for my sincerity to be devalued by petty folk with sight for nothing but aberrance in me.
DA | YT | In the navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.

Last edited by Cassino; June 27th, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i do have some special quotes which is favorite but i don't live by a special one....i find new quotes i make my own quotes i hear other people saying quotes i like..so i end up having lots of quotes i remember with a situation!!

The Most beautiful days are the ones we haven't lived yet and the most beautiful dreams are those we haven't achieve still and the most hurtful pains are that ones we haven't suffer yet....if only i knew what's coming in life next, i would've left for myself some words to remember.....stay strong me!..

Original Quote by Paul Eluard and i added a few words myself to it...first time i saw that was written by my father on his college book..loooong time ago!! it felt like the book was talking to me! (:
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

Old June 28th, 2013, 06:43 PM
KidCarter93
PokéTech Guy

Nature: Jolly
Both of the following are both education based and ever since I first heard of them, I've always believed in them and known them to be completely true.

Knowledge Is Power - Sir Francis Bacon
A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana

Knowledge of course brings us power and that can never be disproved. It can obviously bring us the kind of power which can bring evil deeds upon the world but it can also foster friendships and loving across the world aswell. If I didn't have knowledge about a certain race/creed/person etc. then I may keep away from it/them as I don't know what could happen. If I gather the relevant knowledge first, I can confront it with the understanding and great things could potentially blossom from that.

Onto the next quote. When I was going through school, my dad always used to make me read encyclopaedias rather than going out and playing with friends. Even though it was a forced education, I don't regret that it happened at all because it taught me so many things about the world and it's cultures/traditions that I would have never have learnt about in school. Even since leaving school, in my spare time I'll often just research things about the past just because I find it all fascinating.

That's the reasons why I've always believed in those quotes and they've never done me wrong.
It's a good job that I'm not able to make my own ROM hack. It would be insanely difficult to complete, even for me!
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
"Well, it's a little late for that, dawg." - Chris Hansen

Basically, it means that by the time you realize you messed up, it's too late. So try not to mess up.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Jirachu
SHOOP DA WHOOP.. =P

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Jirachu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jirachu
"We can't let fear stop us. I'm not afraid of the darkness!"
Well, i'm trying to live by that quote more, anyways.

Also;

"Welcome to the REAL world....at least we have flowers!!!!"
^ I only just resently came up with that quote in partual rem state (aka, right after waking up) to help me not concider death or hospitalization next time I think of the ones who bother me the most......

A lot of my inspirational quotes tend to be from or are inspired by my dreams xD
Shoop da Whoop. IMMA FIREN' MA LAZOR! Ohhh, oh. Imma fi-ar-en my lay-zor!

Riku is mine!

UNOVA IS VICTINI. 8D
Old July 4th, 2013, 08:29 AM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Teh one that is in my Sig, well underneath it:

"Don't bother with those who just don't matter, only bother with the good ones in your life who make you smile for real."

-----------------------------------v
"The one who seeks the right path!"

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old July 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Quopol

"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward." - C.S. Lewis

"Trouble is inevitable
Misery if optional"
- Joel Osteen

I heard these quotes throughout the course of the last 7 days. It's helped me.
Old July 5th, 2013, 07:53 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Not sure who said it but they are right in many ways. I don't take this to mean we should act childish throughout our whole lives. I take this in the sense that we will get older and life is going to change on us, this is inevitable, but that is no reason to let go of what makes us happy, be it our friends or our hobbies. If you let go of these things you may be alive but you aren't living.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old July 5th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

For me it's just one of the most common and generic quotes: "never give up"

I have given up many times in my life and I have always regretted it. Now I keep going no matter what knowing even if I keep failing, at least I am trying.

"By force of will!"
Old July 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Nature: Naive
Seize the day.
- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Also known as Carpe diem. That's really the only quote I need, even though I don't always live by it and even though I've heard tons of other thoughtful things being said through my life.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Vermilion cloud

Nature: Lonely
"Of course you are uncertain, Kalamas. Of course you are in doubt. When there are reasons for doubt, uncertainty is born. So in this case, Kalamas, don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for yourselves that, 'These qualities are unskillful; these qualities are blameworthy; these qualities are criticized by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to harm & to suffering' — then you should abandon them."

This mean that traditions are not to be followed simply because they are traditions. Reports such as historical accounts or news are not to be followed simply because the source seems reliable. One's own preferences are not to be followed simply because they seem logical or resonate with one's feelings. Instead, any view or belief must be tested by the results it yields when put into practice; and to guard against the possibility of any bias or limitations in one's understanding of those results they must further be checked against the experience of people who are wise.
Old July 8th, 2013, 02:01 AM
LoneLimeWolf

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” Because I think it is saying that you can't just say I won't change anything if I'm the only one doing it
It's not about who you are it's about what you do.
You can be anyone you want, even a pidgeotto :D
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

What, no YOLO's? ;]

Off the top of my head...

"May the bridges I've burned light the way." I've done things in the past, some good and some not so good, and now I'm just going to let them carve a path for my future.

"Sometimes it's hell trying to get to heaven." Basically, to get to the good, sometimes you have to go through the bad...
youtube (¿coming soon?) twitter playstation network
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:44 PM
bigjon357

"Pokemon brings people from all over the world together"
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty

We have a winner.
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:31 PM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Don't argue with anybody or fight with anybody without saying sorry - you may lose them the next second and you won't have a chance to apologize to them.
I don't care about EV's or IV's - I play for fun not competitive.
I don't own consoles - I play on emulators on my computer.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old July 12th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

The quote is quite self-explanatory. c:
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere;
every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here