The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Say your team isnt working for what ever reason. Do you change the nature of your pokemon or do you change your pokemon all together?
Old June 23rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I change the Pokemon and I get a new one. I don't really pay attention during my first gameplay only after I finish the main story.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
It will never happen with the whole team, it does happen with one or two Pokemon. When ever I'm not comfortable or not working out then I will box that Pokemon, and give another Pokemon a try. The only time I had to change a good Pokemon was for breeding (I got two females by accident instead of Male & Female) purposes.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - 1/8 - game: X
Old June 23rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
I change teams mostly for the battle frontier/competitive battling. Say, use a bug-type team or my trick room team or even my "elite teams" specifically fit for 1v1/2v2/3v3s... it always depends on the situation. But for the most of it, I replace the whole team with different pokemon so i wouldn't get too bored of the game.

But I mainly just bring 3 pokemon + HM slave(s).. so the one or two remaining slots could be for any pokemon i've used before. If i miss them, that is.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.

Last edited by molivious; July 6th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
if a Pokemon is not working in my party I would breed/catch a different Pokemon altogether. Usually it is for Wi-Fi battles and those Battle place like PTW, that because I need EV trained ones to win those tricky battles.
Old July 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Arlo

Constantly.

I've never used a set team. I constantly rotate through at least a couple of dozen pokemon. Whenever I'm heading out to do some specific thing - explore a new route or traverse a cave or challenge a gym - I assemble a team specifically for that.

At this point, I rarely have any problems with my teams. I've put together so many different teams over the years that I don't even really think about it - I just "know" when I've got maximum coverage and minimum shared weaknesses.
Old July 6th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Alex
Mmm, yeah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Usually, if I have a stubborn Pokémon that's really hard to train at the beginning of the game (such as Poochyena in R/S/E) I just release it and find a better Pokémon.

Oh, and I refuse to ever box a former teammate; I always have to release it, dunno why.
Old July 6th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I usually plan my team out in my head and it works most of the time, but sometimes I go against that and impulsively use other things. If my team is straight-up not working, then I fall back on what I know works.
Old July 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
Mainly towards the last few gyms or on Victory Road right before the Elite four. Normally I try to balance out my team more right before versing the Elite four so I have a better chance at beating all of them without having to try again.
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I plan my team ahead of time so I usually don't change my team unless one of the members really, really sucks. If so I'll then catch a new Pokemon and train it; it's usually a giant pain because there's normally no trainers around and so it's just wild Pokemon. :( And if a Pokemon has a hindering nature then I'll let it stay and see how it goes, if it ends up being too affected by the negative nature then I'll release it and try and find another one with a beneficial or at least neutral nature.
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I only dump team members if they fail me too many times, during the first playthrough. I spend a lot of time perfecting teams for competitive battles.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old July 26th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Gogofreak
Touhou and Pokemon Fanatic

Nature: Jolly
If a member is really falling behind, I just box it. One time, I boxed my Venusaur because I didn't use it anymore due to Kadabra and Raichu destroying everything.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here