• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
No other games produced by members of this forum have lagged in this way. That's why I made a point of mentioning it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hi Desbrina, i'm new.
Good Job!
Just tried the game and I really loved it!

I made a list of the odd things that happened during the game.

in order:

- between Mt. Moon and Cerulean City there is a trainer with 31 lv paras (I've already read your answer about Bulbapedia, but I still find it strange)
- MN05 Flash can be obtained from Oak's aid in the Pokecenter, instead of near Pewter City
- in the Rock Tunnel there is a problem with the stairs (fixed in 0.19)
- there is a problem with Escape Rope (I used it in the Rock Tunnel and I finished "on the mountains")
- in Celadon it's possible to arrive to the Gym without using Cut (you can walk on the fence next to the Gym along the water)
- the Snorlax between Route 11 and Route 12 doesn't stop you from passing trough and arrive to Lavender Town (fortunately! this bug helped me to go to Lavender bypassing Rock Tunnel)
- in Celadon, the Rocket guy is supposed to drop the Lift Key but I can't find it anywhere...

Now, without the Lift Key I am unable to continue...
Does anyone know where can I find it?

Thanks! :)

getulioroyal

Sofft
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Definitely an awesome project (the best in my opinion), which is discontinued ...

Sad.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Not discontinued, just extremely busy at the moment. I am working on it as and when i can, and since a new essentials version has recently come out i'm debating if to update it before or after 0.19 release

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
Hey, I'm new to Pokemon Lightning Yellow but I already have something to say, is there anyway you can speed up the animation? Also, is there a way to enlarge the screen size?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXmfyo7TKoAt times I am having a hard time playing this thanks to this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXmfyo7TKo
Even though it is because of it that I want to play this mod in the first place. Funny how things work
12.%20tongue.gif

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Hey I'm getting the following error after the title screen:

Script 'Sockets' line 500: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Errno::ETIMEOUT

Anyone know what the problem could be? I've updated to 0.18 and am running as Admin on Windows 7 if that helps.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Think you could add both the Rocket Grunts AND Jessie and James? Like in the Pokemon tower at Lavender town from Back in Red, Blue, Firered and Leaf Green for example. At the top you had to fight a group of team rocket grunts. While in Pokemon Yellow they were replaced by Jessie and James. Would it be possible to include both the grunts AND the rocket pair during that instance? Same goes for the other places that had Rocket Grunts replaced by the Rocket duo. If you had both it would definently make the game more difficult. In a good way of course.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hey I'm getting the following error after the title screen:

Script 'Sockets' line 500: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Errno::ETIMEOUT

Anyone know what the problem could be? I've updated to 0.18 and am running as Admin on Windows 7 if that helps.

There's a good chance this occurred due to a server move over the past week or so, so the game wouldn't have been able to contact the severs when starting up

Think you could add both the Rocket Grunts AND Jessie and James? Like in the Pokemon tower at Lavender town from Back in Red, Blue, Firered and Leaf Green for example. At the top you had to fight a group of team rocket grunts. While in Pokemon Yellow they were replaced by Jessie and James. Would it be possible to include both the grunts AND the rocket pair during that instance? Same goes for the other places that had Rocket Grunts replaced by the Rocket duo. If you had both it would definently make the game more difficult. In a good way of course.

At the moment i'm trying to keep everything reasonably close to the original, so i probably wont change that

Hey, I'm new to Pokemon Lightning Yellow but I already have something to say, is there anyway you can speed up the animation? Also, is there a way to enlarge the screen size?
Theres no way to speed anything up.
Enlarging the screensize will be possible with 0.19

Hi Desbrina, i'm new.
Good Job!
Just tried the game and I really loved it!

I made a list of the odd things that happened during the game.

in order:

- between Mt. Moon and Cerulean City there is a trainer with 31 lv paras (I've already read your answer about Bulbapedia, but I still find it strange)
- MN05 Flash can be obtained from Oak's aid in the Pokecenter, instead of near Pewter City
- in the Rock Tunnel there is a problem with the stairs (fixed in 0.19)
- there is a problem with Escape Rope (I used it in the Rock Tunnel and I finished "on the mountains")
- in Celadon it's possible to arrive to the Gym without using Cut (you can walk on the fence next to the Gym along the water)
- the Snorlax between Route 11 and Route 12 doesn't stop you from passing trough and arrive to Lavender Town (fortunately! this bug helped me to go to Lavender bypassing Rock Tunnel)
- in Celadon, the Rocket guy is supposed to drop the Lift Key but I can't find it anywhere...

Now, without the Lift Key I am unable to continue...
Does anyone know where can I find it?

Thanks! :)
Thanks for this info. From what i remember (don't have access to the game at the moment) the key in 0.18 is there but the sprite doesn't show. you either need to talk to the rocket guy again or its beside him

Just played through the game and wanted to give some feedback...

Well constructed yellow-update. Congratulations on the visuals which are great. The game feels very fresh. However like someone else (can't remember if there were multiple people) I have had issues with the game turning off due to "scripts taking too long", or crashing outright. As far as I am aware it happens when you encounter a Pokemon for the first time (as happened when I first battled a Voltorb in Mt. Moon and Horsea in the Cerulean Gym). Not sure why that would happen though.

Furthermore battles are super-slow, could do with a bit of a speed-up?

Right now though, my biggest complaint is that I am stuck. I battled the first trainer in the water gym, and the Horsea trainer triggered the script problem and then proceeded to save when it turned off. Now I am in an eternal struggle... I turn on the game, and I have to battle the trainer. And the game crashes and saves. Again. I sugget in your next update that you turn off the auto-save feature, and recommend users to simply save often.
From what i've been told, the script is hanging comes from having animated battlers. I have been told that redownloading the game has fixed this for some people

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
The game looks good, Im looking forward to play this game hope you realease the game soon

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
The latest version will be smaller when its released ( i hope anyway )

Anyway, GTS has changed a bit, but its still mostly the same, added the ability name to it. Might add the map caught and ball caught, haven't decided yet
Just friend trades on it left to do.

Need to sort out the elite four and when thats done 0.19 should be good to go

GTS screens
gts-seek1.png
gts-seek2.png
gts-seek3.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2014
script 'sockets' line 402 not found undefined method `size' for nil:NilClass is generic code. caused by file being "read only". right click on "pokemon lightning yellow" go to propeties and untick read only. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
there seems to be a issue when anybody sends a horsea out, it freezes the game and restarts. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. nothing works :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
I'm trying to use the 0.18 version of the game. However, in the beginning when I try to get into the battle with Pikachu, the game keeps freezing and gives me "Script is hanging" error. I've tried redownloading the game, but that hasn't resolved the problem...any ideas? I'm using Windows 7.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Could someone tell me where the save files for the game are kept, please? I saved several times during my first session at this game, which is awesome, by the way, but when I started it up again today my only options were 'New Game' and 'Options'

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Screensize will be bigger in 0.19

The freezing issue seems to be from animated battlers, which will be taken out in the next version since they are causing major problems with freezing.

Save files should be located either in
C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Lightning Yellow
or in the games folder

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Thank you, but neither exists on my computer. No matter how many times I save the game and search, I cannot find it anywhere and the game acts as if I've never played before. I'm on Windows 7 if that makes any difference.

Back