Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga
Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Hnggg, these episodes are waay too short. Every week I just want more and every week just goes by slower and slower hfdsuifhf. I really hope this anime doesn't do an SAO and start off amazing and just gets progressively more and more boring with each episode, because that was so disappointing. But yeah, loving the anime so far, with how intense and on-edge every episode (nearly :p) feels, and it's just such an interesting and well-done plot. I wouldn't really call it unique, since it can kinda be compared to a lot of zombie movies and such, but unlike with those, I actually find this anime interesting :D

Spoiler:
Get moving already! They spent a whole episode getting to that boulder, and then a whole episode protecting Eren from the titans. Not getting anywhere! And I'm still curious to what caused titan Eren to attack Mikasa in the first place, since I didn't think he cared about anything other than killing titans >:O But yeah, hoping we'll see some action and some actual progression in the episode, because the last two have been relatively boring (relatively being a key word, since they're still amazing kdfhsfhg). Also I don't get how Eren can't see that Mikasa is madly in love with him :O She's constantly doing everything to protect him, and always wants to be with him. Like, I get why he would think she's just treating him as a little kid, but sheez. Take the hints man!

This basically =/ I thought it was just me but it seems generally these episodes ARE really slow. I feel like nothing really happened this past episode. If you think about it, if there's only going to be 25 episodes, then we're halfway through.
Spoiler:
How are they going to explain Titan Eren, Eren's basement, finish the battle of Trost, and explain Titans sufficiently in another 13 episodes? Maybe 25 episodes just represents one season... but still. :x
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
derozio
Shingeki no Bahamut is awesome
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I'm pretty darn sure there are going to be more seasons. Something like what Gintama does. They've probably got enough funds right now for more than an 25 episode series. No way they can fit all the stuff left over in the next 13 episodes with the pacing they're going with. Not to forget, the manga itself is ongoing and far from over.
Credit // Theme // Pair // I'm a violinist.Kaori
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Spoiler:
How are they going to explain Titan Eren, Eren's basement, finish the battle of Trost, and explain Titans sufficiently in another 13 episodes? Maybe 25 episodes just represents one season... but still. :x
Spoiler:
They won't. The only thing that is actually finished in manga is the battle of Trost.
Even if this had 500 episodes, without it happening in manga, it cannot be explained
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Spoiler:
To those saying it'll run out of material, it will be a sad day, as when the anime hits its ~26th episode, it will have caught with the manga exactly, and since it's only a monthly release manga, it might even strain to go on hiatus while the chapters are every slowly released. That wait time might be huge, too! ;_;
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
Spoiler:
To those saying it'll run out of material, it will be a sad day, as when the anime hits its ~26th episode, it will have caught with the manga exactly, and since it's only a monthly release manga, it might even strain to go on hiatus while the chapters are every slowly released. That wait time might be huge, too! ;_;
Spoiler:
You wish At best, anime will catch up with "Female Titan" arc which is roughly 30 or so episodes.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old June 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nah, it definitely won't catch up. The anime's pacing is surprisingly good. It might slow down or speed up towards the end depending on which story arc they choose to finish the season with, but it definitely won't catch up. There's still plenty of material to make a season 2 out of, plus whatever comes out in between the air dates of the two (which would easily be a year).
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:16 AM
thefallendetective
-johnlocked-

Nature: Lonely
SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN I'M SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD! (/^-^)/

I watch the anime and boy does it make my heart throb hard!! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ But the episodes are always so
short. ;A; When you watch and it seems like only ten minutes have passed and then the end credits
start rolling and you're like WHAT ON EARTH JUST HAPPENED WHUT I CAN'T I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY
BUT. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ /throws sparkles around the room.

HAHAHA I'm really happy that there are other people who love SnK too!! Can I ask what are some ships
you all like?

Spoiler:
I recently ship eren x rivialle because of all the fanart I've been seeing on tumblr! <3 They're really too
cute!! (✧◡✧) I'm sorry I'm creepy.
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallendetective View Post
HAHAHA I'm really happy that there are other people who love SnK too!! Can I ask what are some ships
you all like?

Spoiler:
I recently ship eren x rivialle because of all the fanart I've been seeing on tumblr! <3 They're really too
cute!! (✧◡✧) I'm sorry I'm creepy.
It's cool, it's cool. I don't necessarily ship it, but I like seeing fanart of Connie and Sasha goofing around together. That's the closest thing I have to a ship for this series.
Old June 26th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
Spoiler:
Nah, it definitely won't catch up. The anime's pacing is surprisingly good. It might slow down or speed up towards the end depending on which story arc they choose to finish the season with, but it definitely won't catch up. There's still plenty of material to make a season 2 out of, plus whatever comes out in between the air dates of the two (which would easily be a year).
Spoiler:
Just to work it out in my head and with someone who likely knows more about how anime works then me... We're at episode thirteen now, and the manga is at, what, forty-six? That means by the time the season reaches the end of its second cour, which should be around episode twenty-six, the manga will have had three chapter updates, which is around three more episodes. If a few month hiatus is taken (perhaps one season [the fall season] is the break time) then only another three chapters would have been released which leaves at least another 20+ episode-worthy material for season two, yes? Just wondering if that's how you figure it.
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Spoiler:
Just to work it out in my head and with someone who likely knows more about how anime works then me... We're at episode thirteen now, and the manga is at, what, forty-six? That means by the time the season reaches the end of its second cour, which should be around episode twenty-six, the manga will have had three chapter updates, which is around three more episodes. If a few month hiatus is taken (perhaps one season [the fall season] is the break time) then only another three chapters would have been released which leaves at least another 20+ episode-worthy material for season two, yes? Just wondering if that's how you figure it.
Wow, man, how do you count that? o.O
Manga may be at 46 chapters but the important fact is how many chapters were adapted...
Anime is in the middle of chapter 14. Quick counting... 1 episode = 1.1 manga chapters

Old June 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Actual spoilers below. I tried to talk around them, but it made everything I said really confusing so I just decided to post a warning.

Spoiler:
To be honest, my figuring is far from solid because it relies heavily on the anime's pacing. The best-case scenario is that the anime manages to fit in the Female Titan arc and season 1 ends immediately after that, and the worst-case scenario is if they pull a Magi and pad out the ending with a non-canon arc for whatever reason. In this case that might end up happening if they want to open season 2 with the Female Titan arc. If that happens, then they would probably be able to make a second season with all of the story arcs from the Female Titan arc all the way to where the manga currently is - maybe even a little less if it ended right before the return of the Colossal and Armored classes.

But if they decide to cram in the Female Titan arc - and it would be crammed due to its length and the anime's projected ending falling right in the middle of it - then the latter part of season 2's material would focus on whatever comes out in the next 6-12 months. It'd most likely be a 12-month hiatus to give the manga room to get ahead of the second season's projected ending. Of course, with the movie coming out at some point there's no rush at all for season 2.
Old June 29th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Magic

Anyone else impatiently waiting for subs to be released? I swear it's later than usual ><.

Neeed! Neeeed!

I don't really mind how much this series covers, as long as it doesn't end abruptly or feel tooooo rushed. Ending in the middle of a manga arc could make for a good cliffhanger.
Old June 30th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Anyone else impatiently waiting for subs to be released? I swear it's later than usual ><.

Neeed! Neeeed!

I don't really mind how much this series covers, as long as it doesn't end abruptly or feel tooooo rushed. Ending in the middle of a manga arc could make for a good cliffhanger.
Depends on your preferred subbing group. Commie are releasing pretty quickly
Ending in the middle of arc...? Fans would start complaining for sure.

Old June 30th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Depends on your preferred subbing group. Commie are releasing pretty quickly
Ending in the middle of arc...? Fans would start complaining for sure.
I normally check a few websites but none of them had anything before I went to sleep .

I expect fans will complain either way, ending on a cliffhanger (as long as there is a guaranteed second season) wouldn't be such a bad thing.

It would mean there was lots of debate amongst the anime-only watched about what will happen, and it would probably increase the number of people reading the manga.

Spoiler:
I guess this episode was fairly predictable... Eren succeeded, hole is blocked, hurrah. I do wonder how the story will progress from here though - I'm assuming we're not just going to watch them endlessly clearing the next zone before using the exact same tactic to close the hole.
Old July 1st, 2013, 01:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Well... anime (or should I say opening? xD) promoted manga very well as sales rapidly increased.
I'm kinda skeptic about second season... if they wanted to adapt more, they could have made this into 52 episodes anime...

Old July 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I started this anime three days ago and am already caught up with the episodes. Sucks that the next one is a flashback episode but.. :( I gives I can watch something else in the meantime. Although the art/animation can be slightly sloppy at times, most of the time it's pretty good. I really like Levi ahdhfgha <3

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old July 6th, 2013, 11:10 PM
oofw

does it put anyone else off that all the titans have different haircuts ?

thanks for reading my post. my name is oofw but u can call me "woof". this is my first post.
thanks for reading my post

http://oofw.blogspot.ca/
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I started this anime three days ago and am already caught up with the episodes. Sucks that the next one is a flashback episode but..
It's a habit for >20 ongoing anime in the last 2 or 3 years that they have recap episode in the middle of airing.
Unless of course they are halted in the middle like Psycho Pass & Robotics;Notes in Winter 2013 =)
And there's no way one episode can do much in this pace =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Although the art/animation can be slightly sloppy at times, most of the time it's pretty good. I really like Levi ahdhfgha <3
We shouldn't be surprised since it's done by animators collected on twitter =D

Last edited by Satoshi Ookami; July 7th, 2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
It seems that its gonna get a new op and ed.

Jiyuu no Tsubasa by Linked Horizon (the same band who sang the first op) and great escape by cinema staff.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old July 13th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOR(es)LAX View Post

Jiyuu no Tsubasa by Linked Horizon (the same band who sang the first op) and great escape by cinema staff.
Yeah... it was announced about month ago.
Not many anime retains one OP if they are >20 episodes.
I don't think anything beats Guren no Yumiya, though... :D

Old July 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOR(es)LAX View Post

I personally really like Jiyuu no Tsubasa and its ever changing melodies/rhythms. I wasn't a fan at first, but it's actually really nice, especially set against the new opening sequence.
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
Magic

So, Major Hanji is my favourite character now, by a mile.

Spoiler:
She's got such a unique view on the situation. From what I can tell, she seems very level headed and potentially (because of her work) she'll be a great supporter of Eren as he tried to control his titan side.

Her crying as she hurt the titan is what does it for me.
Old July 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Hanji is pretty cool... I'm kinda disappointed that she plays important role only in Female Titan arc... :/

Old July 21st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

While I prefer the first OP's music, I like the second OP's scenery. :o

Episode 15.

Spoiler:
Recon Corps has its fair share of quirky people. Hanji obsesses over Titans, Rivaille/Levi is neat freak, and Mike smells people. ._.

Hanji! <3 Now I understand why the others got up and left. Poor Eren, sitting through the discussion the entire night and not learning anything new. I think he's handling this rather maturely, or he doesn't have a choice, since from here on out, he may be separated from his friends. :(

One funny moment was when someone said that Hanji shouldn't be screaming in that situation, where she was hurting the Titan. xD

I didn't realize that Levi was so short, like Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist. 8D
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, just watched the two episodes I missed during my holiday as well as episode 17 last night, and though they didn't really progress much in the story over those three episodes, I really found them to be interesting. I especially like the Recon Corps for being such defined characters, like, they all of such unique interests and personalities, and manage to be hilarious despite the fact that they're supposed to be a serious group :p

Spoiler:
But yeah, like I said, not much progression, though that doesn't mean the episodes are bad. We got some new and interesting characters introduced, as well as getting all our favourite characters accepted into the Recon Corps :D I really like how most of them did it, even though it wasn't necessarily what they, or their families, wanted, but because it'd help humanity. Historia definitely looks out of place though :p

I really like Hanji for the fact that she's taking a different approach with the titans. I mean, if they actually study the titans and find out what they actually are, maybe there'd be a better chance that they'd find out how to defeat them. It could be possible that the titans aren't actually in control of what they're doing, or stuff like that :p I also like how she actually grows attached to the titans and at times forget that they're actually dangerous, even though they do nothing but bite at her. Yah she's a crazy maniac. Also, I don't know why, but at times I just really find Levi's blank stares to be hilarious. He'd also pull off a maid outfit perfectly ;)

I'm really curious about the female titan as well. I'm pretty sure they mentioned at some point that titans don't have genders, so it's pretty certain that she's a human transformed into a Titan. I was also pretty confused about what was even happening when Jean was attacking her and Armin started shouting about Eren being crushed until Blade said this:

06:02 blade Anyways I get what Armin was saying now @ best friend
06:02 blade He was talking about Eren dying but that still doesn't make sense
06:03 blade Armin was actively thinking about who could be the female titan
06:03 blade She was looking for eren ya probably
06:03 blade And/or didn't want to crush armin
06:03 blade Either soft or she's in their class
06:04 blade And when Armin said eren was crushed she paused ya

So yeah, I think it'd make sense that she's a human-titan from their class, since that would explain why she didn't just kill Armin, but had no problem killing any of the other Recon Corps members. Probably means Jean would've been safe too. The only candidate I can really think of to be the titan though is Annie, since she was the only member of their class who didn't join the Recon Corps, and they kiiiinda look alike? At least more so than any of the other classmates :p

Really looking forward to the next episode though. They always seem soo short, but it's just because I find a lot of other animes to be boring and dragged out, so yeah :p It better not take a turn like SAO did >:(
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links