Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page 3rd Game or Sequel Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in Generation VI after Pokémon X and Y?
A sequel (such as Pokémon X² and Pokémon Y²) 21 20.00%
A third game (such as Pokémon Z) 57 54.29%
A totally different third game (like in a new region and stuff) 21 20.00%
No third game or sequels. 6 5.71%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 26th, 2013 (01:54 PM).
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

A 3rd game sequel.
Old June 26th, 2013 (02:34 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I feel that in generation Sequels may have been a one time thing for Gen V to make it special (for the time being that is) aka to make up for the rush of the generation out of the door for this one.

I'm hoping they'll do something like prequels, that'll be a shake up
Old June 27th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
I Drink Nozz-A-La

I think for the special game they should do something completely different. Perhaps do a mix between remakes of Ruby/Sapphire and sequels? A continuation of the Ruby/Sapphire plot or X/Y plot moves to Hoenn.
Old June 27th, 2013 (10:25 PM).
Silver Tier

A mix of third generation VI game or even sequels with remakes imo is 99.999 percent unlikely. Especially considering Hoenn's theme is nature...okay one can argue that they could do a GMO versus Organic thing, but Hoenn's theme is more about physical nature than "natural" here. If they plan to do any mixing it'll work best with Kanto which is also obsolete...and has Mewtwo whom is appearing in this generation with a new forme...
Old June 28th, 2013 (02:31 AM).
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Paparazzo:

A 3rd game sequel.
Why don't we just have a normal 3rd game as always?
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old June 28th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
Personally, I loved the sequals. It was something actually different and for Pokemon, a new concept. I've never really cared for the "3rd game", simply because it wasn't different enough to make it special. Even now whenever a new Pokemon generation is released, the thing that upsets me is that there aren't large enough version differences other than the Pokemon exclusives, which isn't that big, to make them to different. What I would like, is a sequal set in however far into the future that it is from the intial games, that allows travel back to at least one of the regions, but, actually make the region different. B2 and W2 added a bunch of new stuff to Unova that wasn't there previously and I loved it. But, I don't want to travel back to one of the regions if everything is exactly the same as it was when I played the game it was set in. Make version exclusives that actually make a difference. If they were to take up the whole travel back to another region, then in each version it could be a different region. And, while staying on the topic of revisiting regions, if they make a 3rd game, then either make that one able to go to both the version exclusive regions, or, be able to go to one or two completely different ones so we can see how each region has adapted and evolved. Just my thoughts though and I know it'll probably never happen but, it's nice to dream.
Old June 28th, 2013 (12:47 PM).
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Quote originally posted by Austin1395:
Personally, I loved the sequals. It was something actually different and for Pokemon, a new concept. I've never really cared for the "3rd game", simply because it wasn't different enough to make it special. Even now whenever a new Pokemon generation is released, the thing that upsets me is that there aren't large enough version differences other than the Pokemon exclusives, which isn't that big, to make them to different. What I would like, is a sequal set in however far into the future that it is from the intial games, that allows travel back to at least one of the regions, but, actually make the region different. B2 and W2 added a bunch of new stuff to Unova that wasn't there previously and I loved it. But, I don't want to travel back to one of the regions if everything is exactly the same as it was when I played the game it was set in. Make version exclusives that actually make a difference. If they were to take up the whole travel back to another region, then in each version it could be a different region. And, while staying on the topic of revisiting regions, if they make a 3rd game, then either make that one able to go to both the version exclusive regions, or, be able to go to one or two completely different ones so we can see how each region has adapted and evolved. Just my thoughts though and I know it'll probably never happen but, it's nice to dream.
Even tho I might like the idéa I would still prefer the Sequal to be an ''one time thing'' since it made B/W kinda special.
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old June 29th, 2013 (08:50 AM).

I like the 3rd game installments

Old June 29th, 2013 (05:13 PM).
Dark-type Trainer

Although it did make it special, they can take the idea and modify it. I'm just saying, the third game is never much different from the other two, while the first two are never too different to begin with. All I'd like is for them to shake things up. I will always love Pokemon and always buy the games, but, getting your starter, grinding, fight the gyms and then the Elite Four, not doing it for me much anymore. Keep those in the games but, don't make me have to do that. Just do something that makes an actual difference, that shakes up the game for once.
Old June 29th, 2013 (09:05 PM). Edited June 29th, 2013 by Boilurn.
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I like the idea of X2 and Y2, never thought about that, but I think we should only have one sequel rather than many and go with Pokemon Z.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Dark-type Trainer

I also don't see why everyone is so opposed to sequals and only wanting it to be a one time thing. What's wrong with sequals?
Old July 2nd, 2013 (04:54 PM).
dream

Nature: Naive
I'm more partial to the idea of having a third game. Including "Z" to the duo is just a part of the good'ol Pokemon formula.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to a "X2 and Y2" sequel either.

Old July 2nd, 2013 (07:28 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Austin1395:
I also don't see why everyone is so opposed to sequals and only wanting it to be a one time thing. What's wrong with sequals?
Probably because these sequals in each generation don't change very much to the core gameplay element. Sure, it would be nice to see an update of what Sinnoh would look like 10 years later, but they aren't that much of a difference when it comes to playing them.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (10:46 PM).
Dark-type Trainer

I suppose you are right Boilurn. But, BW2 actually added new stuff. More towns/cities, etc. I just don't see why the idea of a sequel is pretty much already even not able to be considered at this point for some people. Sure it made BW2 special, who's to say it won't add the same effect for X and Y or any other later generation?
Old July 2nd, 2013 (11:16 PM).
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
Honestly, I'd love to see a third game. They generally add a lot more depth to the storyline than its predecessors; Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are prime examples. I guess Black 2 and White 2 would count as well. What I would absolutely not want to see is another generation made. (new region, etc.) It would feel as though it were rushed, kinda like how the sixth generation feels for me.

Don't get me wrong, the sixth generation sounds frickin' awesome-- what with all of the 3D effects, the Fairy type, new battle styles, amongst other things. I'm just still stuck in the 4th gen.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old July 7th, 2013 (08:16 AM).
luster purge
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I would much rather prefer Z than X2 and Y2. I kind of feel that...B2 and W2 (to me) were made to kind of correct the faults that were present in B/W. Continuation of the storyline is nice and all, but that would mean that they're just re-making the entire game over again, just with more added features to make the game more interesting. .___.;

I'd rather a totally different game like Z be the case. I'm not asking for anything to be drastically different, but I don't think there needs to be a storyline extension unless necessary.
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old July 24th, 2013 (09:28 PM).
Ice Cream

I mean I guess I could see a sequel to the games, but you can't really know until X and Y come out. It depends on the story, and if a sequel would be good enough for the game.s Personally, I would like to see a ruby and sapphire remake before a sequel or anything like that would to for X and Y.
Old August 21st, 2013 (08:35 PM).
Knight of Blood

Nature: Lonely
This poll did not contain my answer.

I'm expecting/hoping for a single sequel, not a third version, by the name of Pokemon Z.

I believe that sequels are VERY superior to third versions, because they provide more content than just a new battle facility. Sequels offer us an entirely new story, set years in the future. Similar to how GSC gave us a glimpse to how Kanto had changed over the years, sequels do the same without a region having to bleed over into the next.

If Gamefreak created a third version without a new storymode, that would be taking a huge step backwards.

Think about it: what exactly was it in BW1 that actually required there to be two sequels? One, was that depending on which legendary N aligned with in the prequel, you would catch in the sequel. Second, the scenery of technology/nature remaining constant. Third, version exclusives. That's it.

But are any of these actually necessary for a sequel, especially when we have capabilities like the memory link? If X and Y were to offer different environments, Z could offer entirely new scenery. Just as how Crystal/Emerald/Platinum had different exclusives, so could Z. Just as how they allowed you to catch all 3 legendaries, so could Z.

For those not familiar with Memory Link, it allowed BW2 to get extra features after communicating with BW1. Z could do the same, except it would differentiate between X and Y to affect the world differently. This would have to be done in such a way that those who didn't play X or Y wouldn't miss anything, though.
Old August 23rd, 2013 (08:34 AM).
Champion

Nature: Timid
I also agree for it to become a single sequel. I don't think a "third" game would be even justified. In the past the 3rd games did not only contain a slightly changed story but also new features like in crystal we got the animated sprites and female playable character, battle tower and in yellow we we got a following pikachu and we could get all starters and it removed the missingno glitch and mewtwo dungeon was diffrent and of course anime pikachu voice. But since ruby&saphire the third games added less content. In emerald you could choose if you wanted latios or latias and you could catch all main legendary's. That's what i hated in the third gen and later on. That you could not cath the opposing pokemon if you had ruby or saphire. But then again it had some extra features to like animated sprite again and diffrent colors on the characters and instead of only the battle tower we got the facility's. Platinum was like emerald not much added content even less than emerald had over the third gen. And now for the reason wy a third game wouldn't be justified is that it will be on the 3ds we could have DLC for extra features or maybe extra storyline ANd thats wy i would like to have a single third game that is also a sequal. And if the sequal would get added features they should become a dlc for the older games.

Old August 23rd, 2013 (08:46 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by KillerTyphlosion:
I also agree for it to become a single sequel. I don't think a "third" game would be even justified. In the past the 3rd games did not only contain a slightly changed story but also new features like in crystal we got the animated sprites and female playable character, battle tower and in yellow we we got a following pikachu and we could get all starters and it removed the missingno glitch and mewtwo dungeon was diffrent and of course anime pikachu voice. But since ruby&saphire the third games added less content. In emerald you could choose if you wanted latios or latias and you could catch all main legendary's. That's what i hated in the third gen and later on. That you could not cath the opposing pokemon if you had ruby or saphire. But then again it had some extra features to like animated sprite again and diffrent colors on the characters and instead of only the battle tower we got the facility's. Platinum was like emerald not much added content even less than emerald had over the third gen. And now for the reason wy a third game wouldn't be justified is that it will be on the 3ds we could have DLC for extra features or maybe extra storyline ANd thats wy i would like to have a single third game that is also a sequal. And if the sequal would get added features they should become a dlc for the older games.
Emerald fused the plots of Ruby and Sapphire, and had a different ending to the conflict between the Super Ancient Pokémon (the Weather trio's in game title), the first battle frontier. Platinum added forms, changed the story, added more post game content, and legends that weren't in DP. So I don't see how they added any less content than Yellow or Crystal...

Also we don't even know if they'll have DLC...it's possible Gf will not put it in order to justify a third version...
Old August 23rd, 2013 (08:46 AM).

Quote originally posted by tommyger:
Let's hope there is a remake of RSE first
And then Pokemon Z

And then Pokemon Red in 3D
Pokemon Yellow on 3DS would have ALL MY MONIEZ.
Old August 26th, 2013 (09:36 AM).

Maybe it will be known as XZ/YZ instead?
Like fusing Xerneas to 'Z Pokemon',
in a similar fashion where Yveltal combines with "Z Pokemon",
since lotta people suggested the motif as DNA.
Old August 26th, 2013 (09:39 AM).
let's make this a reality
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
If Game Freak want to make good money then their best option would be direct sequels similar to Black 2 & White 2. They went down so well, perfect reviews, great storyline and sales for those games went through the roof.
Old August 26th, 2013 (09:51 AM).

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I would much rather prefer Z than X2 and Y2. I kind of feel that...B2 and W2 (to me) were made to kind of correct the faults that were present in B/W. Continuation of the storyline is nice and all, but that would mean that they're just re-making the entire game over again, just with more added features to make the game more interesting. .___.;

I'd rather a totally different game like Z be the case. I'm not asking for anything to be drastically different, but I don't think there needs to be a storyline extension unless necessary.
I kind of agree with your opinion,
my suggestion is a complete whole new plot,
but not a direct sequel like BW2,
while taking place in the Kalos region.
That would bring a fresh twist to game bloggers,
game magazine and fans as well.
New different criminal syndicate,
new sets of main and rival characters.
Instead of changing the Gym Leader or adding a new location for a new Gym,
Why not move the Gym to an another location instead?
Old August 26th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
Silver Tier

Maybe the sequels can have a name like Team Cool which uses Ice Pokémon...
The sequels can be Pokémon W and Z (W is the chromosome that goes with Z btw) lacking the X2 Y2 as they aren't actually sequels like B2W2 were but more like how GS were sequels to RG except in the same generation.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links