• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Part 11:
Spoiler:

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
Well, this Nuzlocke gives me something to do while I'm riding in the car for 10 hours a day on vacation. Anywho, onto the first update.

So after a little bit of pointless noodling around New Bark Town, Elm finally allowed me to pick my starter. That is when I introduced the world to Chris the Cyndaquil. Noodling around some more, getting shoes and eggs and battling some red-headed kid, I got some Pokeballs and the real journey began. I wandered out to Route 29 and ran into a familiar friend. I then proceeded to catch myself Pinta the Pidgey. Running ahead onto Route 30, I picked up another really cool cat, Wally the Weedle. Along this road is where Wally came into his own and after some battles, evolved into a Kakuna. Route 31 was our first place of misery as Chris accidentally killed a Bellsprout. However, he grew to level 10 off of this and learned Ember, great for Sprout Tower. I entered Violet City and met a strange man by the name of Primo who gave me a soon-to-be member of my team, a Wooper egg. Wandering into the gym, I dominated Falkner and Chris evolved into Quilava in the process. I proceeded to run onto Route 32 and battled (and unfortunately killed) a Mareep. A few battles, a heal and a Beedrill later, I made my way into Union Cave and caught myself Zack the Zubat. After running through the cave, dodging encounters with my Repel, I made it to Route 33 and caught myself Erica the Ekans. Chris and Wally, the stars of my team, battled valiantly through Slowpoke Well, but in the process, our first fatality, Wally was tragically killed by a Zubat who confused him and crit him all day long. Erica stepped up into his place and fought alongside Chris to rid the well of Team Rocket. The pair of them absolutely dominated the gym. Then we ran into the red-headed kid again, who in a stroke of fate, murdered Erica right there in front of me, my second fatality. After catching some Farfetch'd, Chris had the unfortunate task of learning Cut to cut the single, solitary required bush in the whole entire game. On Route 34, it was rather unfortunate, but Chris killed a Drowzee that just couldn't take the heat Chris was packing.

Current Team:

156.png
Chris the Quilava
Level 18
Nature: Careful - Ability: Blaze
Stats: 50 HP - 33 ATK - 26 DEF - 35 SPA - 34 SPD - 35 SPE
Moveset: Headbutt - Quick Attack - Cut - Ember

41.png
Zack the Zubat
Level 7
Nature: Brave - Ability: Inner Focus
Stats: 23 HP - 13 ATK - 9 DEF - 9 SPA - 10 SPD - 12 SPE
Moveset: Leech Life - Supersonic

16.png
Pinta the Pidgey
Level 4
Friend to all, will stick around and use Fly

194.png
Wooper EGG

DEAD (Rest In Peace All Those Who Lie Here):
Erica the Ekans - Levels 7-13
Wally the Beedrill - Levels 4-12

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
I bought White 2 specifically for this! Especially since I was on a 3 year hiatus from Pokemon (Haven't played since HeartGold) and I haven't looked at anything BW related much, this will be a lot of fun!
Username: Ponyo
Game: White 2

LBJ

I Love Pokemans
Years
Username: LBJ
Game: Platinum
I would just like to state, The only optional rule i am using is:

Must nickname all of your Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
Nuzlocke - The First Day

I started my adventure, as Cindee the Pokemon trainer. I chose Oshawott as my starter and coined him G-Dragon after the famous K-pop star. That's where everything went downhill. The first pokemon I encounter was a Patrat, whose name is now, Batrat. The next couple first Pokemon encounters WERE ALL PATRATS. I barely made it past the first gym (Work Up almost decimated my Batrat). My faithful duo travelled with me further, looking for a new non-patrat companion. I ran into a Sunkern past route 20. I caught him, but sadly his first battle ended in his death as his meager stats and my poor trainers insight led to a swift death. I ended the night with catching a Magnemite I named Sol in the Virbank Complex. Hopefully the following days will be better for my team. Sol is shaping up to be a great tank while G-Dragon's nature will help him out immensely as he levels up. Not quite sure how Batrat will fit in with my future team, but has been a loyal damage dealer since I've caught him despite his nature. Hopefully he'll grow on me, but I'm dying for a more exotic (female, perhaps?) Pokemon. Sunkist will not have died in vain! Roxie, here we come!

Cindee's Spectacular Pokemon Team
Spoiler:

RIP
Spoiler:

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
Username: Tashiro
Game: Sapphire

Current team:

Mudkip (Avrazxis)
Zigzagoon (Katien)

Current location: Route 103

I'll update with an amusing story when I'm less exhausted.

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Username: ShinyNuzLover
Game:Emerald
Name: Emer

Started with a f Treecko. I guess that's okay. Nicknamed her Jana, she's Rash natured so that's plus Sp. Atk. minus Sp. Def. That will be pretty good for her. I think that's it for tonight.

Team:
f lvl.5, Rash Natured, Moves: Pound, Leer

Last edited:
Years
So I got up to and defeated Flannery in one sitting. Lost my Dustox during the process and was heartbroken for a few days. I'm ready to continue my adventure. I also can't work out how to get pictures off my phone.

Years
Final Part:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
LETS DO THIS!

Username: SNOR(es)LAX
Game: White 2

Optional Rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use legendary Pokémon. (I will be catching them, but not going to use them)

Update #1
Started of with a Quiet Snivy nicknamed Calefare.
Went on with the usuals and got my Pokeballs and Pokedex.
On Route 19, caught a Mild natured Purrlion.
Went on and defeated all those kids near that champions house.
Went to Route 20 and defeated all those trainers.
Tried my luck at Floccesy Ranch and to my luck and surprise, I got a Riolu, I nicknamed him Blueberry.
Encounter on Route 20 is a Level 2 Sunkern named Growth.

Current Team:
495.png

Calefare the Level 8 Quiet Snivy

509.png

Purge the Level 7 Mild Purrlion

Spr_5b_447.png

Blueberry the Level 5 Calm Riolu

191.png

Growth the Level 2 Adamant Sunkern

RIP:
No one yet, hope it continues!

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Ok I'm gonna rechallenge this on a different game.

Username: Spritingyoshi22
Game: Soul Silver

Optional Rules:
Must nickname all of your Pokemon.
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
No rules come into play until I have my very first set of pokeballs

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Zagan
Pearl

Optional rules
Optional:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use held items.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
No duplicates as well :)

This is my first attempt, so thats why Ive not put in some of the harsher rules :)

EDIT: Started Pearl, done the start game stuff (had to battle some wild pokemon but couldnt catch them)
Picked Chimchar, name it Charlie, got the pokedex and let my mom know that im off on an adventure.

Finally got some pokeballs so went back to route 201 - caught a Bidoof, called it Todd, Route 202 - caught Starly, named him Steve

First Death: Steve died to a crit :(

Got to jubalife city - Todd is level 6 and Charlie is level 7 :)

Update 2:
in 203 - caught Shinx (harry)
in the Oreburgh Gate, Caught a Geodude (Nudge)
Oreburgh Mine, Caught a Zubat (Rose) after lots of geodude (using the no duplicate rule)
Harry the Shinx Died
in route 207 I caught a Machop (Sally)

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Pika :chu:
Emerald

First time challenger! I am excited, nothing can get in my way! Except maybe a Snorlax....

You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

Started out with Kipdum the Mudkip :18:
went up and beat May like the feeble trainer she is
got Pokeballs and went out to catch my first pokemon which was Smoochyena the Poochyena! :t261: (Route 101)
Then on Route 103 I found a Wingull dubbed....Gullum! :t278: haha I'm terrible on the names....
On route 104 I found a Marill which I've named Pikablue :t183:
Pikablue died in his first battle...
Kept running into Poochyenas for the first Pokemon encountered and even though I'm not doing the duplicates rule I don't want to raise two of them so I just KOd them
Caught Skrillex the Whishmur inside Rusturf Tunnel
Fought Roxanne Gulliver wiped out her first two with ease and got a crit on Nosepass but was OHKOd by a Rock Tomb.
Kipdum took charge and avenged our fallen brother in arms
Why are there so many casualties? It truly is a cruel and terrible world out there.
Stay tuned Next time on Pika:Nuzlocke Challenge!

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
At the Vally Windworks I saw a buizel, but accidently ran away >.<, got the keys from the Grunts and beat everyone inside, althought Todd and Rose (Bidoof and Zubat) passed away due to a Fat cat :(

In Route 204 I caught a Kricketot and named her Kate, in Route 205 I met another Buizel, caught it and named her Benihemai - she soon died tho :( Got to eternia forrest and met up with Cheryl and started to venture in to said forrest, came across a Cascoon and Wurmple (Saw the Cascoon first so caught that one) and thats it for now.

total deaths: 5 :(

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
This time on Pika: Nuzlocke Challenge!
Time travel!

Challenged May to a battle after Roxanne.
KOd Smoochyena the Poochyena
Kipdum evolves
Travelled to Dewford and caught a Makuhita dubbed E. Honda :t296:
Travelled Blindly to Steven. After so many playthroughs I know the path to not need Flash. If I battled Brawly I woulda lost the challenge already so I'll skip him for now
Went back for Exp. Share will come in handy later when I pick up weak pokemon
Travelled to Slateport where E. Honda was taken out by a Low Kick in the beach to a random sailor
I rage quit and will have E. Honda taken out of my team as soon as possible
I don't really remember where I saved but I think it was after I caught E. Honda and if it was before I just won't catch a Pokemon in the Cave where you find Steven.

Next Time on Pika: Nuzlocke Challenge! Trouble in the Slateport city!

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Well last update from me, All my team members died and I got a White out :( these are the events that lead up to it:
Nude and Casy died (Casy was a Cascoon)
Made it to eternia, got the badge, cleared the Glactic building
Route 211 saw me catch a Meditite (Mumsy)
Sally Died
Kate Died
Mumsy died
Route 206 saw me get a Ponyta soon died tho :(

In Wayward Cave trying to catch a Bronzor in Wayward Cave, my last Pokemon Charlie died :( and so my Nuzlocke is over :(

http://imgur.com/iN3rMkz

http://imgur.com/dxK7XYl

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
I might restart and try again, but which game, Pearl/White or Black 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back