• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I miss my Super Mario Sunshine..."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Are there any video games that you used to own, but gave them away for whatever reason? Do you know regret giving that video game away, or do you have other thoughts?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Star Fox 64.

I thought I beat the game and was so disappointed at how short it was. Imagine my surprise when I found out the amount of content in the game after I sold it. God damn.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So many. When I was younger, I used to have to buy games by selling games, so I would often sell games that I liked and regret it. Other times I would give up on games too early and sell them. This happened A LOT. Dynasty Warriors, Pokemon, Dead or Alive, Dragon Ball Z...if I had it, I probably traded it in for other stuff, and I would often rebuy them and sell them again. Because of that, I eventually stopped selling games altogether, just so that the regret was getting to be too much, and this was only a couple of years ago.

But the game I regret the most is easily my copy of Persona 4. I beat it via a backup, and I regret that royally. I'm still ashamed of myself for selling it in the first place.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
You made this thread for me, right? :P I used to have Super Mario Sunshine, but it wasn't working or the Gamecube wasn't reading the disc. I exchanged the Gamecube and returned the game. I never got another copy of that game. I enjoyed it for the one day I played it, though. Around the same time, I returned Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly because it was buggy and unfinished. I also resold Starfox Adventures, which I kinda regret since it's a good series and I didn't beat it.

I resold LoZ Twilight Princess, a real shame since I didn't beat it and my Wii library consists of like... 4 games. I resold a lot of Playstation and Nintendo games. I can't really remember any more than I've listed, though. I'd never sell any of my old Pokemon games.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hm...I've had a really long gaming history, but the game I miss most was Ratchet and Clank 2.

I remember that I had a bunch of weapons in it, everything upgraded and things, until my mum gave away my games to a family friend ;-; (he never brought them back, and he was much younger than me, so they had to be broken).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
yes I used have FF9 that I was made to give it my sister's husband as his copy got sat on by his son. He was meant to return it after he completed it but never did. I and my boyfriend regret that as copies now are so expervise.

Years
I have re-bought two games in the past which were CoD MW2 & Fallout 3, but I wasn't too regretful during the period I didn't own them.

The main game I wish I had now is Pokemon Platinum, I sold it when I sold my 3DS originally because I had no use for it. I need to buy it again now I have a 3DS again, Platinum is a beautiful game.

I also miss Crash Bash on my PS1 and I wish I could go back and play it for childhood nostalgia, but unfortunately I broke the disc as a child.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I don't have this problem, because I never trade in or sell games unless they're horrible or something I'll never play. Even if it's a game I beat and I don't really ever plan to play again, I'll still keep it. I like having a physical collection, and who knows - I may replay it someday anyway.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I traded away Luigi's Mansion when I was 12 years old. my friend gave me Batman Vengeance in exchange. Even though I love Batman Vengeance, I miss playing Luigi's Mansion. Also I gabe away my Def Jam Vendetta to my friend and I never took it back. It was a good fighting game :C

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I sold all of my PS2 and Gamecube games (along with the actual Gamecube and its peripherals) a few years ago so I could buy something (a DS? I can't remember). Anyways, I do miss many of those games, mainly Pokémon XD and Colosseum, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Crash Nitro Kart and Twinsanity, Spyro Enter the Dragonfly and a Hero's Tail. There's also Pokémon Sapphire (my first Pokémon game) and Platinum, which are hiding somewhere in my house. If only I never lost them...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I can't think of any, although I felt this way about my copy of Batman: Arkham City until I bought another one. Usually I keep my games because eventually I'll want to play them again regardless of how much I liked or hated them.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Pokemon Ruby, Emerald and Firered Versions... I never knew we had to hold on to them, for the 4th Gen. Luckily though, I found a website (literally just a moment ago) for which I can reclaim all these games which I'll be purchasing soon!

Buying back old games is difficult since most advertised on the internet (Ebay, Amazon, Gumtree, etc.) are counterfeit...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't give away or sell games, but back in the GBA era, I had Yoshi's Island and my sister would always take it and play it. She ended up losing it and I'm still mad about that. :(

I don't have this problem, because I never trade in or sell games unless they're horrible or something I'll never play. Even if it's a game I beat and I don't really ever plan to play again, I'll still keep it. I like having a physical collection, and who knows - I may replay it someday anyway.

This pretty much sums me up too. I like to keep things and have stuff to look at and show off and refer back to.

Years
I gave away my Pokemon Platinum like.. three years ago to my best friend. She hasn't even gotten past the first gym and I really miss it. :( Playing Diamond just isn't the same.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm the exact opposite in that I'll normally trade/give away games as soon as I've finished them if I think there's a slim-to-none chance that I'm going to play them again. For the most part, I really don't regret it as well; I'm not a hoarder of anything, by nature. The one game that I do miss playing wasn't even mine to give away, technically. My brother had a PlayStation One and Spyro: Year of the Dragon, which was one of the games that I played non-stop when I was 10! But after a few years, he just took it in to a game shop one time and traded it in for something else. At the time, I can't say I was that bothered, but it's a game that I do miss nowadays.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The only time this ever happened for me was with Final Fantasy VII. I got a second copy for some reason, so I sent my first copy to Morkula. Then the extra copy I had got lost so I couldn't play it at all. I ended up replacing that one with a black label copy (my brother got it for me since he lost the extra copy... and then my mom paid him back because it turned out she lost it in the end... long story). It doesn't matter anymore anyway because less than a year later, it came out on PSN and my digital copy is the only copy I bother with nowadays. :P

I don't give away or sell games unless I have more than one copy so this has never happened with any other game, nor do I expect it will happen again in the future.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I've given away a ton of games throughout my life, and some of them I really do regret. What I regret the most would probably giving away my Gameboy Advance SP along with all of my GBA and GBC games, including Pokemon to the daughter of someone I knew, because they couldn't afford to buy stuff like that. I didn't really use it at the time, so I didn't think much about it, but realised how much I missed the games after a year or so. Worst thing about it is that she lost everything I gave her a while afterwards, and then got a DS later as a birthday present anyways :( One good thing did come out of this though, as if I hadn't given the games away, I probably wouldn't have learned about ROMs and ROM hacks, and without those I probably wouldn't have discovered this site at all. So yeah :p

I've also lost a few games, most notably both of my Zelda games for my Gameboy, both of which I really liked. I also let a friend borrow my Pokemon Silver for a Super Mario game, and he ended up losing it, so yeah, something I really regret as well :(

Years
I will always regret the sale of my Pokemon Yellow game. Why did I do that? Honestly, I sold it for a bit of cash. But, wow, I don't know why I did it. It was my first ever Pokemon game and it's just so valuable I can't believe I did it.

Years
"The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition", for the gamecube.
It wasn't actually my family's, my brother borrowed it from his friend... for two years. We kind of forgot it was borrowed by that point. I finished Ocarina of Time but not Majora's Mask by the time we had to return it. D:

Back