The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 7th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Virgilin
Salmon Fishing in Vulcan

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Virgilin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I just can't wait to see what they come out with next since FE: A sold well enough to warrant the series continuing. There are things that could be improved on from FE: A (like pair up being overpowered)... I'd like to see enemies pair up! That'd be interesting in itself. :D
FE:A has been doing great so far! Both the old and the new fans are very dedicated to the series so there is absolutely a chance that it will continue! Even though they said that it would be consluding the series... sigh...

There is a game called Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem coming out for the WiiU. But then again, it's a cross-over game. Still it has the FE:A characters in it so that's great!

Enemies pairing up... that's kind of a scary thought! Though it would make the game more fun and add in more strategy to it! :D At least they should have made it an option on the Lunatic Mode or something!

| Paired to warship | PM | VM | About |
Old July 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
Okay then! :D Which part are you up to and what units do you use? (please don't say a Pegasus knight) xD
um im at chapter 7 (i know so early to get stuck XD) im using a pegasus knight why? i like them
Quote:
I just can't wait to see what they come out with next since FE: A sold well enough to warrant the series continuing. There are things that could be improved on from FE: A (like pair up being overpowered)... I'd like to see enemies pair up! That'd be interesting in itself. :D
i agree. i hope it becomes as awesome as awakening. that would be something i'd definitely get.
enemies pairing up is scary though. no doubt it would make the game harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
A Fire Emblem Club! Awesome!

Username: PinkSapphire
Favorite Game: Awakening
Favorite Character: Lucina

c: there you go. I don't know what it means to be in a club so can I get some explanation please? Do I need to do something?
Mac said it well enough. also remember to obey the rules. welcome hope you enjoy the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgilin View Post
FE:A has been doing great so far! Both the old and the new fans are very dedicated to the series so there is absolutely a chance that it will continue! Even though they said that it would be consluding the series... sigh...

There is a game called Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem coming out for the WiiU. But then again, it's a cross-over game. Still it has the FE:A characters in it so that's great!

Enemies pairing up... that's kind of a scary thought! Though it would make the game more fun and add in more strategy to it! :D At least they should have made it an option on the Lunatic Mode or something!
huh they said awakening would conclude the series? In all honesty thats the first time i heard it. I also didnt know there was a crossover for wii u. that shows that i need to keep up wiith news.
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
They said if Awakening did not reach 250k sales in Japan, it would conclude the series. It reached 500k in Japan only. Needless to say, but we're good.
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Virgilin
Salmon Fishing in Vulcan

Send a message via Skype™ to Virgilin
Quote:
They said if Awakening did not reach 250k sales in Japan, it would conclude the series. It reached 500k in Japan only. Needless to say, but we're good.
Woah awesome! That really does mean we're going to get another game!! That's so exiting! I wonder if they will still make it for 3DS or for the WiiU like the crossover... Maybe by that time, they will have another new console for us.

| Paired to warship | PM | VM | About |
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Woah awesome! That really does mean we're going to get another game!! That's so exiting! I wonder if they will still make it for 3DS or for the WiiU like the crossover... Maybe by that time, they will have another new console for us.
I'm sure they'd make another for the 3DS and probably another for the Wii U. I hope the 3DS one comes first though. :D I'd love to see a game with feet. ;)
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Warship
異議あり!

Quote:
whew im relieved :D i couldnt stand it if awakening was the last game
Quote:
i think they will make one for both. it has been like that seen gba era. and considering wii u just came out i dont think we will have a new console by the time new games come out. maybe revisions of the consoles like 3ds lite or wii u mini
Quote:
I'm sure they'd make another for the 3DS and probably another for the Wii U. I hope the 3DS one comes first though. :D I'd love to see a game with feet.
yeah! the main reason i want the 3ds one early is i dont have a wii u though
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Arc
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ EVO HYPE ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Nature: Bashful
Ooh. A Fire Emblem club. I might as well join as I love Fire Emblem.

Username: Barrage
Favorite Game: Path of Radiance - Awakening
Favorite Character: Mia/Severa
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Cordelia
Banned

What is your biggest gripe about Fire Emblem?

In the older games, I hate weight! It just seems so pointless. ;-;

In Awakening, I hate the lack of feet, plastic personalities, and boring supports. But the gameplay is so fun in both...
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Warship
異議あり!

i hate when enemies are left with 1 hp. i have to waste another weapon use to overkill it. also i hate when i crit my opponent when its low in health especially if it was my second attack. also in older games i hate how supporting is so hard. i remember waiting for 30+ turns just to make a few characters marry in sacred stones. its even harder in blazing sword and binding blade since there are no skirmishes you can take advantage of.
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Arc

My biggest gripe with Fire Emblem, is weight as well. Seriously, I can have decent characters with great growths and stats but they're crippled by the fact that their Con is like 5 or 6. I think the character who suffered the most from weight was Eliwood, due to the fact that Eliwood can't even wield his own personal weapon Durandal very well because of his low Con. I'm glad they got rid of weight in Awakening other than the fact that removing weight made Nosferatu overpowered.

My biggest gripe with Awakening though, is the lack of objectives. I found it boring that most maps were "rout the enemy", or "defeat enemy boss."
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Warship
異議あり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrage View Post
My biggest gripe with Fire Emblem, is weight as well. Seriously, I can have decent characters with great growths and stats but they're crippled by the fact that their Con is like 5 or 6. I think the character who suffered the most from weight was Eliwood, due to the fact that Eliwood can't even wield his own personal weapon Durandal very well because of his low Con. I'm glad they got rid of weight in Awakening other than the fact that removing weight made Nosferatu overpowered.

My biggest gripe with Awakening though, is the lack of objectives. I found it boring that most maps were "rout the enemy", or "defeat enemy boss."
First things first, welcome to the club! I hope you become active and enjoy here!

ok now.i dont remember eliwood having that low of a con but then again i didnt even know what con and weight did. im glad they got rid of it in awakening though since an iron sword was generally stronger than steel swords in most cases in older games. (seriously like only swordmasters could crit and double with steel items) nosferatu got stronger in awakening due to weight removal but it was still far from overpowered. it costed much for that part of the game really and dark mage choices were slim (i guess only tharja was there) if you didnt download wireless characters. competitively nosferatu only works if you want to damage and heal at the same time but it usually doesnt heal you fully so elixir is a better choice. also sorcerer's vengeance takes advantage of being wounded. still its nice to have on hand i suppose. then again i didnt use nosferatu much so all this might be gibberish too
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by warship View Post
First things first, welcome to the club! I hope you become active and enjoy here!

ok now.i dont remember eliwood having that low of a con but then again i didnt even know what con and weight did. im glad they got rid of it in awakening though since an iron sword was generally stronger than steel swords in most cases in older games. (seriously like only swordmasters could crit and double with steel items) nosferatu got stronger in awakening due to weight removal but it was still far from overpowered. it costed much for that part of the game really and dark mage choices were slim (i guess only tharja was there) if you didnt download wireless characters. competitively nosferatu only works if you want to damage and heal at the same time but it usually doesnt heal you fully so elixir is a better choice. also sorcerer's vengeance takes advantage of being wounded. still its nice to have on hand i suppose. then again i didnt use nosferatu much so all this might be gibberish too
Thanks for the greeting. :D

On the topic of Nosferatu. I say Nosferatu is overpowered due to the fact that as long as you have a Sorcerer with decent stats, stick them on a fort with Nosferatu and you can clear most of the maps in the game like that with the exception of Apotheosis and a few other maps. Plus it's not really hard to get Dark Mages because reclassing.
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
DarkMoonPhase
The Lunar Beauty

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase
My gripe in awakening is the feet. What's the point of making the theaters have feet, and then not have them on the animations.
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Warship
異議あり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrage View Post
Thanks for the greeting. :D

On the topic of Nosferatu. I say Nosferatu is overpowered due to the fact that as long as you have a Sorcerer with decent stats, stick them on a fort with Nosferatu and you can clear most of the maps in the game like that with the exception of Apotheosis and a few other maps. Plus it's not really hard to get Dark Mages because reclassing.
hm you got a point with reclassing but not many people get second seals at that point. still tharja alone could do it i guess. you're right about one thing though due to healing consecutively one could clear a map with only one or two nosferatus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoonPhase View Post
My gripe in awakening is the feet. What's the point of making the theaters have feet, and then not have them on the animations.
that always bugged me soo much! at first i thought it was a glitch because basically their feet are under the ground so it could have been a measurement glitch alright. still pretty annoying.
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

I'm quoting one of the FE:A makers on this, but the reason the feet are minimal is due to the fact they didn't know how much space they would have left on the 3DS cartridge with everything they were doing. So they cut into the size of the game by not implementing the animation of ankles and feet (because no one has any special feet animations besides the Animals). In the end there was still enough space left, but by then they didn't bother changing it anymore. :')
I thought the feet were weird at first, but now I find it rather cute.

What I miss in Awakening is the "Rescue" option. |D How many time I didn't curse because I couldn't save weaker units. I used to use this sweeping strategy all the time when training weaker units in the GBA games. Attack from a distance, rescue with Cavalier/Pegasus Knight and get him/her out of harm's way, repeat.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Warship
異議あり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotowari View Post
I'm quoting one of the FE:A makers on this, but the reason the feet are minimal is due to the fact they didn't know how much space they would have left on the 3DS cartridge with everything they were doing. So they cut into the size of the game by not implementing the animation of ankles and feet (because no one has any special feet animations besides the Animals). In the end there was still enough space left, but by then they didn't bother changing it anymore. :')
I thought the feet were weird at first, but now I find it rather cute.

What I miss in Awakening is the "Rescue" option. |D How many time I didn't curse because I couldn't save weaker units. I used to use this sweeping strategy all the time when training weaker units in the GBA games. Attack from a distance, rescue with Cavalier/Pegasus Knight and get him/her out of harm's way, repeat.
oh i didnt know that :O i miss the "rescue" option too though. its equilavent "pair up" still leaves weak units on the field. in fact the strong unit hides XD
Old July 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

Send a message via Skype™ to Dansparce
My biggest gripe used to be how hard it was to get supports in the games. Especially in the games that didn't have repeatable maps.It honestly made just forget about them altogether and when I did get them, it was completely random.

My biggest gripe with Awakening is how little most of the characters contribute to the plot. Besides their introduction chapter, they were practically never heard from again. I know that the older games did this as well, but it wasn't to the same degree that Awakening did.
Old July 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I read something where one of the devs regrets not going back in and adding the feet. xD He said it won't be missed in the next game!
Old July 8th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu
Okay then! :D Which part are you up to and what units do you use? (please don't say a Pegasus knight) xD
um im at chapter 7 (i know so early to get stuck XD) im using a pegasus knight why? i like them

Well, Pegasus Knights are only good for a few things. Doing small deeds (warning close towns, ect) and being paired with somebody, because they strike twice and it is good with a weak guy you would like to level up (Pegasus Knight must be higher level).

Chapter 7: Incursion, huh? With Hard difficult and Lunatic, I understand that it may be tough. Keep everybody in a group and advance carefully. Get Maribelle and Ricken to the group as fast as you can, because as you all know, Ricken can be a huge asset at the start.

Pair Chrom with somebody, but have him in the back (he can attack the foe yet still be safe), so you can transfer if necessary. Advance to the Commander and strike all together, but if leveling up is required, just do what feels comfortable but with caution.

Need any more help, just ask! :D
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu

Well, Pegasus Knights are only good for a few things. Doing small deeds (warning close towns, ect) and being paired with somebody, because they strike twice and it is good with a weak guy you would like to level up (Pegasus Knight must be higher level).

Chapter 7: Incursion, huh? With Hard difficult and Lunatic, I understand that it may be tough. Keep everybody in a group and advance carefully. Get Maribelle and Ricken to the group as fast as you can, because as you all know, Ricken can be a huge asset at the start.

Pair Chrom with somebody, but have him in the back (he can attack the foe yet still be safe), so you can transfer if necessary. Advance to the Commander and strike all together, but if leveling up is required, just do what feels comfortable but ith caution.

Need any more help, just ask! :D
dat quote tag actually pegasus knight saved my hide many times so i will never stop using them. their promotions dark fliers and falcon knights are equally strong. in fact along with lodestar pegasus knight is my favorite class. anyway chapter's name is incursion but you gave pointers for "The Exalt and the King" :D "Incursion" is the chapter where Cordelia joins.
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
THAT'S the chapter I meant. xD

Pegasus Knights, they may be good for some people, but for me, they are a waste of time. Dozens of Archers in almost every level and SUMIA/CORDELIA ARE DRIVING ME NUTS BY GETTING SHOT DOWN!!! Ugh!!!! >:c

Well, all I can say, ASSASSINS/HEROES/MANAKETE'S FOR THE WIN!!! :D (who thinks Manakete's sound like manatee's?) xD
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Quote:
THAT'S the chapter I meant. xD

Pegasus Knights, they may be good for some people, but for me, they are a waste of time. Dozens of Archers in almost every level and SUMIA/CORDELIA ARE DRIVING ME NUTS BY GETTING SHOT DOWN!!! Ugh!!!! >:c

Well, all I can say, ASSASSINS/HEROES/MANAKETE'S FOR THE WIN!!! :D (who thinks Manakete's sound like manatee's?) xD
why should i even use ricken and maribelle then? XD

well that may be true since i played in easy mode before and there werent as many archers but still i think they're cool.

no! Bow Knights, Warriors and Taguels are better whats more i dont know what a manatee is! :D
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by warship View Post
whats more i dont know what a manatee is! :D
This is a Manatee xD

Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
This is a Manatee xD

oh thanks :D its kinda cute :D
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
You guys should probably leave the talk of manatees there and get back to Fire Emblem

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links