• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Thanks a lot Spiky!
I will be waiting for this new version! ;)
Only a question: ¿does 1.8 version support .nsbmd importing for buildings?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Don't worry Marc, you don't have to release version 1.8.0 next week. Just take your time and try and get the things you need to complete for what you originally planned for in version 1.8.0. ^^

But even if you decide to release 1.8.0 next week, that's fine. I'm sure I wouldn't mind a few bugs in which I can post here in this thread. :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Finally, today I'm releasing SDSME 1.8.0. This long-awaited version adds support for script saving, and makes the ROM loading process faster for games that have been previously opened by the tool. B2W2 scripts have been disabled due to some glitches, and new features for generation V have been added. This version also fixes significant bugs found in 1.7.0, like the matrix and building editor ones. Thanks to Pokewiz000 we have a Chinese translation too now.

You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Thanks for your support, and have fun!

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Spiky you just keep getting more amazing! I like that! Keep it up, I will too update my friends to check this out! 1.8.0. here I come!

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Thanks for the new version!
Which are the feature planned for the 1.9.0 release?
How do I know which path I'm editing? I am referring to the wild Pokémon.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Thanks for the new version!
Which are the feature planned for the 1.9.0 release?
How do I know which path I'm editing? I am referring to the wild Pokémon.

To make everything easier, double click the wild Pokémon cell in the header you're editing. This will open the encounters for that header :)

1.9.0 will hopefully include a NSBTX editor and B2W2 scripts.

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Hey Spiky! I don't think you've read my previous post, but the trainer class editor doesn't edit images. This is because the editor targets an uncompressed file instead of the compressed one, which the game uses.

Other than that, great job!

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2013
Hey spiky, I've been using this tool for a little while and 1.7.0 could edit HGSS trainers, however in 1.8.0 an error message appears when you try to edit trainers, everything else has been awesome so far, nice job.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Hey spiky, I've been using this tool for a little while and 1.7.0 could edit HGSS trainers, however in 1.8.0 an error message appears when you try to edit trainers, everything else has been awesome so far, nice job.

Thanks for reporting the bug. There was an incorrectly written path string that prevented the trainer editor from loading properly when using HGSS. While the bug is harmless to the game and won't mess up anything, it's quite visible, so I have already fixed it. You can get the new version 1.8.1 from the usual link :)

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
Hi, can you add a map editor please?
PS. I keep getting errors when I try to load my Black 2 ROM.It won't load my game no matter what I try to do. The ROM was tried&tested, I completed the E4 and got everything I was meant to get. I'm running Windows XP SP3 with Framework 4.0

The Who?

What is THIS doing in my hat?!
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Hey Spiky, is there any sort of tutorial/documentation on this? Thanks.

Back