The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old June 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
I have been using the Wii U as my browser since last week. That is because my computer monitor isn't working.

It all started last week when I turned my computer on. My monitor flickered a bit, and was black. The light was green (as in the power light on the monitor), but i couldn't see a thing! Yes, the monitor's plugged in! What should i do?

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old June 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
Did you check if the monitor cable (the blue or white cable) is plugged in correctly? It could be that the cable stopped working.
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old June 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

I made sure everything was plugged in, nothing changed

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old June 13th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Tsutarja
Burning hot!

Nature: Jolly
Is this an LCD (flat panel) monitor or a CRT (tube screen) monitor? There's a chance that if it's an LCD monitor that the monitor itself is dying, likely due to a bad capacitor in the monitor itself.

Also, if it's an LCD monitor, do you hear a slight hum coming from it?

Gym Leader Flannery wants to battle!
Slugma (Lv. 26) - Magma Armor - (Flame Thrower, Sunny Day)
Torkoal (Lv. 28) - White Smoke - (Overheat, Attract)
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014
Old June 13th, 2013, 07:18 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

It is an LCD Monitor, but I don't hear a humming noise from it.

who knew?

Old June 16th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Tsutarja
Burning hot!

Nature: Jolly
Chances are your monitor is probably dead, likely due to a blown capacitor.

Does the power light on the monitor stay on, even if the picture doesn't come up? And if you leave the monitor running, is there any foul smell that comes out of it?

Gym Leader Flannery wants to battle!
Slugma (Lv. 26) - Magma Armor - (Flame Thrower, Sunny Day)
Torkoal (Lv. 28) - White Smoke - (Overheat, Attract)
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:07 AM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

The power light does stay on even if there is no picture

who knew?

Old June 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Yep. Sounds like the monitor itself is broken. You'll have to get it replaced somehow. Fortunately LCD monitors aren't expensive.

How old is the monitor anyways?

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old June 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

i don't know.... I remember that i got the PC in 2004 Christmastime, and the monitor worked during its long life

who knew?

Old June 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

update! got my monitor replaced last night

who knew?

Old July 9th, 2013, 05:50 AM
KacyCrawford

I would suggest replace it with a new one. Your explaination suggests that
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links