The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2013, 02:39 AM
TrainerDaniel

ESSENTIALS KEEPS DELETING POKEMON FROM MY Pokemon.txt!!! And every time i playtest the game this happens:

---------------------------
Pokemon Shade
---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 0, key Evolutions

Compiler:1595:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:1629:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:2424:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2414:in `each'

Compiler:2414:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2411:in `each'

Compiler:2411:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:3959:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4083

Help please!
Old July 11th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Essentials doesn't do that without a reason. What are you doing to it?
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:12 AM
TrainerDaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Essentials doesn't do that without a reason. What are you doing to it?
I checked the National Pokédex in the Editor and it said it only had 224 pokemon...
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

That's not a reason. Have you tried editing pokemon.txt directly or used one of the Editor's features which would affect any values in that file (i.e. "Edit Pokemon" or the two "Reposition Sprites" or "Edit Regional Dexes")? If so, what exactly did you do?
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:55 AM
TrainerDaniel

Quote:
That's not a reason. Have you tried editing pokemon.txt directly or used one of the Editor's features which would affect any values in that file (i.e. "Edit Pokemon" or the two "Reposition Sprites" or "Edit Regional Dexes")? If so, what exactly did you do?
I repostioned a sprite of a Pokémon i made myself, I added two of my own pokemon in the pokemon.txt , and i edited a Jigglypuff and changed it's type. But more than that i do not think i done anything more...

Quote:
I found the problem, the National Dex was deleted but i fixed it. Thank you for your help :D :D

Last edited by TrainerDaniel; July 11th, 2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Pokemon_Celestial

This happened to me, I always back up my pokemon.txt before tweaking it that way if it gets messed up I can easily get back to where I was.
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

It actually does this when I edit the connections too.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links