• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials keeps deleting Pokémon from my pokemon.txt

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
ESSENTIALS KEEPS DELETING POKEMON FROM MY Pokemon.txt!!! And every time i playtest the game this happens:

---------------------------
Pokemon Shade
---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 0, key Evolutions

Compiler:1595:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:1629:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:2424:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2414:in `each'

Compiler:2414:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2411:in `each'

Compiler:2411:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:3959:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4083

Help please! :(

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Essentials doesn't do that without a reason. What are you doing to it?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
That's not a reason. Have you tried editing pokemon.txt directly or used one of the Editor's features which would affect any values in that file (i.e. "Edit Pokemon" or the two "Reposition Sprites" or "Edit Regional Dexes")? If so, what exactly did you do?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
That's not a reason. Have you tried editing pokemon.txt directly or used one of the Editor's features which would affect any values in that file (i.e. "Edit Pokemon" or the two "Reposition Sprites" or "Edit Regional Dexes")? If so, what exactly did you do?

I repostioned a sprite of a Pokémon i made myself, I added two of my own pokemon in the pokemon.txt , and i edited a Jigglypuff and changed it's type. But more than that i do not think i done anything more...

I found the problem, the National Dex was deleted but i fixed it. Thank you for your help :D :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
This happened to me, I always back up my pokemon.txt before tweaking it that way if it gets messed up I can easily get back to where I was.

Back