The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Well, Rika, you'll have to update again, haha, sorry xD

But, hey, hey, hey, lookie here! The new, better and totally awesome version of RéBURST was accepted by our squishy, fabulous mods :D /ohyesIjustdidsomelameadvertisement

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Shop
Trade Reviews
Giveaways
Pair
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
I see lame advertisements are the trend so yeah. The Naruto RP needs some new participants. Go go go! /lamestadvertisementever

nathan @ vm | pm | FF.net | pairs | bishie
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Did I start a fad?

Anyway, Downworlders is still open and still kicking ass...

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Warning to all: this is TornZero speaking.

I'm not pulling a reboot or nova or anything; just an account change.
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Magic

sup?

With so many people on holiday / away for bits of summer, I feel like we could use another sandbox RP.

Quote:
about this roleplay:
Welcome to Gilded Hall. This roleplay will allow you to explore life through the eyes of a teenager who is, just slightly, extraordinary. Whether it's super powers, a specific aptitude or skill they excel in, this roleplay will bring them together.

GH is going to be very open. It is based on a roleplay I ran on another website, many years ago. There are some similarities with X-Men, however this roleplay is not based on the series or mechanics in terms of abilities. Creativity will thrive in this roleplay, to ensure this each period in the day will be represented by a long period irl. Typically a single lesson will last a month, and is fully optional.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

I'm up for it sir! If this go through, I will participate.

Old July 11th, 2013, 11:03 AM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Would anybody be intrested in a really small roleplay, like a four person, maybe up to five? I figured that I should stop joining them like crazy and make one of my own, you know? I have the general idea of what it'll be about, but I don't exactly have a plotline figured out quite yet.
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@hereto. RPs don't need 10+ players each xD My Homestuck RP is 4 people and Rika's is 5 (or was it 6?). What sort of RP would this be? Is it based on something? On what? If not, what's the concept of it? :3

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Shop
Trade Reviews
Giveaways
Pair
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Well, it depends on if I actually like the RP because the number isn't a problem.

Old July 11th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Magic

If you're planning on running a small RP of <5 people, take some time to consider what kind of player you'll be accepting. You will certainly want to be more picky when it comes to sign ups, and perhaps look at the member's reputation in this section.

If one person goes inactive in a 10 person RP it's not a big deal, but in a group of 4 that could be a problem.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
If you're planning on running a small RP of <5 people, take some time to consider what kind of player you'll be accepting. You will certainly want to be more picky when it comes to sign ups, and perhaps look at the member's reputation in this section.

If one person goes inactive in a 10 person RP it's not a big deal, but in a group of 4 that could be a problem.
Aw Peter, you make it sound as if newbies have no chance :< Everyone should get a chance as long as they can type coherent sentences imo, haha. I usually don't have more than 5-6 spots open in my RPs. More than that and it gets difficult to keep close track of people. When I was the GM over 4 players, it went really well for a good while. But then two of them disappeared... So yeah, okay. It's much worse for RPs with few players, that is true.

I want to be picky when it comes to people I have RP'd with before and seen abandoning my RPs though...
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:53 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Well, I'm going to base it off of this world my best friend (growing up) came up with a few years back. We kinda borrowed random things from various things such as LOTR to Naruto. So basically, we had a world with like every magical race, but I'll probably limit it for SU reasons. I'll probably have the following options: Elves, Wizards, Humans, Dwarves, Eldorian (My own little invention) and Murloc. Everyone can at least dabble in magic, but the wizards are the most adept. Elves are the best warriors, humans are all around, Eldorians I will explain if I get around to actually putting the roleplay together, and the Murloc are good with anything involving water. The world is completely massive, and for the two or three years we've been working on the story, we've expanded to different realms and galaxys, and have even come up with battles involving gods (and defeating them) and demons.

I think I'm gonna go for something like each person rules a seperate kindom, or my character will rule and the other RP'ers will play the position of a high-ranking official in the kingdom. We ended up inventing villain after villain, and it's been a bit like Dragon Ball Z, where we keep getting stronger and stronger, so I don't have a specific story to follow. The technology will be medieval like: Crossbows, bows, swords and axes and the like. There will be dragons, treants, giants, orcs, goblins, and every other thing we could reference or think of. Keep in mind, we borrowed a little bit from absolutely everything we could think of.
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Oh gosh, there are so many new and attractive RPs these days. I feel my whole summer will be spent RPing.

Old July 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Gauging interest for a Yu-Gi-Oh! roleplay.

Expert knowledge of the card game not required, but passing knowledge (do you know how to play the card game?) is necessary. [I understand that this narrows the user pool considerably, which is why I'm gauging interest.] Not looking for a significant number of players.

Homebrew cards will definitely be allowed (pending some analysis / approval). Probably utilizing some period of time after GX canon as the setting for the plot. New mechanics allowed, but there is a list of restricted cards that cannot be used (due to implications of the universe).

This is another attempt at creating and sticking with an RP; this time, the franchise is familiar, so people won't have to read through tens of thousands of informational writing just to understand the setting. (Really, nobody wants to do that anyway.)

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
@ Hereto I love that idea, I already have an idea for a revamp of one of my RP characters from before I didn't come here a whole two years @_@

@Cirrus I like the concept but honestly I never learned how to actually play Yu-Gi-Oh, now if I could veto the whole 'know how to play' thing and just be Twisted Fate I'd do just fine XD Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Aw Peter, you make it sound as if newbies have no chance :< Everyone should get a chance as long as they can type coherent sentences imo, haha. I usually don't have more than 5-6 spots open in my RPs. More than that and it gets difficult to keep close track of people. When I was the GM over 4 players, it went really well for a good while. But then two of them disappeared... So yeah, okay. It's much worse for RPs with few players, that is true.

I want to be picky when it comes to people I have RP'd with before and seen abandoning my RPs though...
yeah that sucked. hopefully your replacements thing will work

/isstillbitter

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old July 12th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Songbird

Today I learned that PokéCommunity's RPC is only for the world's most elite and intense roleplayers.

Every other site I've been to (and that's plenty) has no regulation process; no quality check to make sure that an RP has everything it needs to hit the ground running and ensure a healthy game. Any suggestions for such a process have been firmly responded to with the idea that it panders to elitism and stifles creativity.
Old July 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@Songbird. Well, I AM EliteBeats after all. right? xD

I've found myself in similar situations. Either I've seen a hella mess of a Corner where chaos and one-liners reign... or a bunch of selfish people who believe they're a god sent to Earth when they RP or whatever.

So you could say we're in a neat gray zone here in the RPC?

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Shop
Trade Reviews
Giveaways
Pair
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
I'm not sure if you're saying that it's a bad thing that we strive for quality, haha.

I do like the fact that we have requirements that members have to abide by, but it's not like that the requirements are out of control and enough to scare off newbies. for actual posting, it's like 100 words. the legibility of those words relies on the game master and if he/she wants to be able to read them or if it's fine to just go with it. roleplays, I like to have meaning and motive (it really bothers me when members just post "team rocket is back!! we gotta stop them!!!") but the other stuff is self explanatory

I like the level of quality we have but... are you trying to say me and pete should be less strict with accepting roleplays? I like the level of quality the RPC has built up since I started here :)
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I....think it's time I come out of my self-proclaimed "retirement". Bring on the roleplays. I am back. I need stuff to fill in my extensive free time. I guess...ChiliDawgs was the one that kind of convinced me :3

100 words is enough for a roleplay post, imo...that's almost a tweet. xD It shouldn't be that hard.
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Welcome back to the world of RP Megan. I'm sure there's an exhaustive list of RPs waiting for you.

Old July 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Songbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I like the level of quality we have but... are you trying to say me and pete should be less strict with accepting roleplays? I like the level of quality the RPC has built up since I started here :)
Not at all! In fact, the regulations you and Pete have in place are probably one of the biggest reasons I love the RPC. There aren't endless streams of roleplays, and that's a very good thing. I'm unable to stick to any of those other RPing sites because they have an abundance of everything, but all of it is uninspired, rehashed to death by posting multiples of the same thing in a matter of days or even hours, and generally everything is just everywhere, including the GMs who post new sorry excuses for RPs every few hours.

I hope it goes without saying that about 99.99999997% of RPs on those unregulated sites are little more than irredeemable crap, no matter how "advanced" the posts there get. Even if the RPC had 100k+ players, with the current rules in place it would still be immeasurably better than any do-whatever-the-hell-you-want sites combined.
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Yaaay! Welcome back megan! :D lol i didn't know i convinced you to do so XD
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Hi all, I'm new to RPing on PC but I've been RPing for over thirteen years x.x (yes, I feel old now). I joined SwiftSign's new RP Gilded Hall. n_n
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Songbird

Welcome to the RPC, Mac! (Oh, and welcome back to Meggy!)

You should [shamelessplug]join the RéBURST RéBOOT and Heart of Soul! Both are looking for more players. :D[/shamelessplug]

Sponsored Links

Advertise here