The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Wow so many people. I like it!

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old July 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Something tells me that this is going to be a good roleplay with good people and good times with good food and good references and good quotes. It will be generally good. Also, I have two questions.

Is mayonaise an instrument?

Will there be occasional events to take place, like a special visitor or something?
Old July 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Something tells me that this is going to be a good roleplay with good people and good times with good food and good references and good quotes. It will be generally good. Also, I have two questions.

Is mayonaise an instrument?

Will there be occasional events to take place, like a special visitor or something?

Firstly, no. However, mayonnaise could make for a good decoy weapon.

I shall be trying to include alternatives to lessons, so people have a choice of what to do (or can do both). This may include special guests and events yes :3.
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
HI SIGNING UP NOW :33

---
Full name: Ginevra May Morrigan
Appearance (Reference #1, #2, #3): At above average height for a girl her age, Ginny stands tall at 5'10", generally towering over girls and boys alike. She has straight, shoulder-length red hair that somehow always finds its way in her face, causing her to absent-mindedly remove it at random intervals. Her eyes are a striking light blue which shine when she smiles.

Developing early, she learned how to brush off boys' attentions and not let them get to her. She usually wears a pair of form-fitting jeans, flip-flops, and a styled t-shirt or tanktop. Her hair can be found in almost any style, be it up in a bun, in a tail, or just down.
History: Ginny was raised in a middle-class family as the oldest of three girls living in suburbia. She always found herself looking out for her sisters, but also enjoying their company as the three were born in consecutive years. The early years were spent with a well-balanced amount of play and study, allowing the girls to harness the energies of their bodies and their minds.

On the morning of her twelfth birthday, Ginevra awoke underneath her bed and screamed, not having a clue how she got there. She was never one to sleep walk or anything of the like, but her parents assumed that she had simply done it in her sleep. After this happening every day for two weeks, she tried her best to figure out what was going on. After some investigation, she found that she could pass her hand through her bed and to the other side, and if she really concentrated, she could phase her entire body through the mattresses.

Part of her wanted to share it with her parents and sisters, but she decided it was best to keep this ability to herself. She spent time alone honing her skill over the years, but found it difficult to find time to practice and be with her family. In the summer after her tenth year of schooling, she received a letter from a prestigious boarding school Gilded Hall, which after much thinking and discussing with her parents, she accepted. She thought that at least there, she could find some time to herself to hone her skills.

Ability name: Phase Shifting
Spoiler:
Explanation: The ability allows her to shift and pass through physical matter such as walls, doors, people, or anything. It takes immense concentration to shift herself out of phase, but she has been able to pass through solid metal at a full run numerous times in the past.
Limitations:
- Sometimes, she can lose her concentration and become stuck somewhere until she can calm down and regain her mind.
- Shifting too much and too often can tire her out and cause headaches.

Room Number: 7

Last edited by Cordelia; July 25th, 2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
Damn, Mac beat me to it! This is a great roleplay you got there, Swifty! I'll still spectate, though!
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
I'll be getting my app finished by tomorrow. I've got my reservation still in force, right?

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Damn, Mac beat me to it! This is a great roleplay you got there, Swifty! I'll still spectate, though!
Im pretty sure that Swift is making some more spots but im not 100% sure
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I think the two he just added are the new slots -- originally wasn't it 12? Who knows. :3
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
I think there's gonna be 2 more spots because there are 8 rooms and 2 people in each room and 2x8=16 so yeah.
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I would like to reserve, if there is a spot remaining.
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Room six needs a roommate :D

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Magic
Community Supporter

Mac, you are accepted. Good sign up :3, welcome to the RPC! You're my roommate :o.

As to other spaces cropping up, until the IC thread has gotten going there will no longer be spaces available (unless people drop their reservations).

There will be another batch of students in the future though. Hopefully.
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Thanks~ and yeah, I did that on purpose to make you feel awkward.
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Yay, welcome Mac! :D Your character seems really cool and interesting. Very nice choice of powers too. It's always nice when someone chooses powers more focused on their interaction with the world rather than "Gotta think of combat capabilities first and foremost", not that that's a bad thing
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Thank you -- I wanted something different than an offensive power :D Phase shifting is pretty awesome, imo.
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Hell yeah it is! Kitty from X-men was always amazing and she managed to take out Juggernaut with her ability in the movie I'm not planning to have my power be offensive either, even if I -can- use it for it if need be. My guy isn't one that tries to get in fights though, so there's that.
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:33 AM
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bastian View Post
Hell yeah it is! Kitty from X-men was always amazing and she managed to take out Juggernaut with her ability in the movie I'm not planning to have my power be offensive either, even if I -can- use it for it if need be. My guy isn't one that tries to get in fights though, so there's that.
You'll probably just throw stuff at my character with your power if he gets on your nerves! xD
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:45 AM
DarkMoonPhase
The Lunar Beauty

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase
Alright. I'm almost done with the SU History and then I'll repost it.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bastian View Post
Hell yeah it is! Kitty from X-men was always amazing and she managed to take out Juggernaut with her ability in the movie :P I'm not planning to have my power be offensive either, even if I -can- use it for it if need be. My guy isn't one that tries to get in fights though, so there's that.
Hehe, yeah I based her power off of Kitty tbqh... hehe. I really like her power.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
As to other spaces cropping up, until the IC thread has gotten going there will no longer be spaces available (unless people drop their reservations).

There will be another batch of students in the future though. Hopefully.
There are 8 rooms and 14 spaces. Is there a discrepancy here or is it purposeful?
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Magic
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
There are 8 rooms and 14 spaces. Is there a discrepancy here or is it purposeful?
It allows for people to have individual rooms if they wanted / their ability made it better to be isolated.

I didn't wish to force people into pairing up.
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Meaning if their abilities did not require so, or if they did not mind being paired up there would be up to two more spaces available? >< *crosses fingers

I'm really interested in doing this, I think I've got the chops! /selfpromotion
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:32 AM
DarkMoonPhase
The Lunar Beauty

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase
And here's the finished product. Tell me if there's anything I need to add/change.

Full name: Shion Hougi

Appearance:
Regular
Spoiler:

Power in use
Spoiler:
Her hair is still long, but it looks like ice. Her eye's change into an icy blue color.

History: Shion's family wasn't all 'gifted.' Her mother was an Ice controler and her father was normal. Shion has a 11 year old sister, who controls water, but she can't enroll yet. Shion's power was hard to control. She had to hide it from her father, and conceal it at her other schools. Shion's mom had total control over her power, and tried to teach Shion, who failed. Shion was used to change, because if she lost control at schools her family would move, and her school would change.

Shion's younger life was filled with hardships. Her family constantly on the move left her with no friends. Shion's sister was also a cause for all the moving. Shion had given up making friends and started to isolate herself from others. Shion was often all alone. Shion would come home and cry for hours, and then stay in her room. Shion is not very easy to become trusting of others.

Shion was happy when she became a part of the Gilded Halls. Shion knew the Gilded Halls were a perfect place to have friends. Shion was finally in a place she didn't have to hide, and the Gilded Halls became her home. Shion has been making preparations for the opening, and can't wait for her first day.

Ability name: Ice Control

Explanation:Shion can control ice, meaning that she can sculpt or launch ice. Shion carries a huge water satchel, which she use for the foundation of her ice. Shion can also forge weapons of ice, but this is very limited. She can make snow and never melt ice toys. Shion makes the ice bend to her will but this power also comes with limitations.

Limitations:
·She can only use it 3 times per day.
·She can only make Ice swords and daggers, but the sap all her energy and are sometimes very frail.

Room Number: 5
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Magic
Community Supporter

DarkMoonPhase - First of all, you need to add a written description for appearance. You can keep the pictures but I did specify at least one paragraph.

Now, your power:

Quote:
Shion can control ice, meaning that she can sculpt or launch ice. Shion carries a huge water satchel, which she use for the foundation of her ice. Shion can also forge weapons of ice, but this is very limited. She can make snow and never melt ice toys. Shion makes the ice bend to her will but this power also comes with limitations.
I'm still very unsure on your description.

(1) Nevermelt anything seems a bit overpowered.
(2) Making snow (ie affecting a large area) is quite overpowered too, when branching off her ice ability.
(3) Your limitations aren't clear. What counts as 'three times'? Is that making three giant swords or three flecks of snow? What happens after those three?
(4) "She can only make ice swords and daggers" why? Those seem like very specific, advanced things, to 'only' be able to make.
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:05 AM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Come on DMP! Once you finish the SU, there will be an insane party in Room 5 and we can drive cars!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links