The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM
ShiningLust
Gym Leader of Ground Oden

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Theroretically, Nidoking would see more use than Nidoqueen in OU because it's stronger and faster. However, both Nidos see more use in the UU environment, with Nidoking being used more frequently for the above reason. Both have the Sheer Force ability, which powers up their moves with secondary effects (effects with chances of occuring, like Earth Power's 10% chance of Special Defense reduction), but disables those effects.
oh well thanks for the info well im trying to make a new team but but i was looking to add him or her but i can find the right Pokemon to make my team good cuz i keep losing all the time

Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
Pokemon White 2
Trainer Name: Oden
Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
3DS Friend Name: Oden
3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:48 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
In a doubles Drizzle Politoad. How important are to have good IVs in the HP area? I have bred many DW poliwags and can only dig up 2-3 IV Hps. I have this poliwag with great IV stats except in HP and Atk. Also would it be worth putting in 252 Hp on this poliwag?

Last edited by AdrianD; July 11th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
It is just pure luck to get a good HP IV stat on Poliwag, as you never know what it's stats are going to be like. Nonetheless if you are going to evolve it and use it in battling I would recommend 252 HP and a moveset consisting of Scald/Surf, Ice Beam, Encore and Protect. With that, Politoed makes a great Weather Tank.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
@ Boilurn - Good for singles, wouldn't recommend it for doubles. No one uses Encore in doubles because the thing that got Encored will either switch its target or switch out, which isn't good for Politoed either way. And besides, it's too slow to use it effectively.

@ Adrian - If you can't get the HP IV, whatever. Trade for it or not, your call. But the Politoed MUST have the 252 HP. It's too frail not to have it (unless you're holding Wacan Berry but that's another story).

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:49 PM
ShiningLust

hi guys I got a question about this Pokemon cuz I've never used him so I want y'all to tell me how good he is

Rampardos
Nature: Naughty
Level: 70
Attack: 300
Defense: 100
Sp.Atk: 98
Sp.Def: 71
Speed: 107

Pokemon White 2
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Without knowing its EVs, can't tell whether or not it's good. What I CAN say is that its special defense is already crud and Naughty only makes it worse. If you don't care that its paper bag defense is now a wet-paper bag defense, then Naughty works.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
ShiningLust

oh I didn't know cuz I've never used him so I didn't know

Pokemon White 2

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links