The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

Nature: Jolly
Considering the fact that there are a lot of people reading this ATM, I'm going to do some shameless (unofficial) advertising of my own! (Sorry JNathan) Here we go!
*Put on buisness man suit and turn on your business man voice!*

We here at Naruto: A New World, are looking for two Akatsuki members. There is no requirment, other than the willpower to destroy the good guys and their children! But naw. You don't need anything. We just need a couple roleplayers. I trust you guys.

"Welcome to Boobies, we hope you like what you see, boys!"
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
I'm shelving Wolf's Rain for the time being (I may bring it back in the future, depending on how the players turn up), but for a while now, I've had an excellent idea. The series may be obscure, but I find it to be an undiscovered relic. I love this series, and I'd recommend it to anyone who loves action/comedy anime. The name of this RP idea?

Arms Alchemy Academy: BUSOU RENKIN!

Old July 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
A Busou Renkin RP? I'm only interested as long as Makka na Chikai is present on the opening page.
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM
銀ヤミ

It most certainly will be, along with a video of some Busou Renkin action, to show people who are unfamiliar what to think of when creating their own Kakugane abilities and types, if I can find a proper video.

Old July 12th, 2013, 08:07 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
It most certainly will be, along with a video of some Busou Renkin action, to show people who are unfamiliar what to think of when creating their own Kakugane abilities and types, if I can find a proper video.
If that's too much trouble, you can always get pages from the manga. Those should be easy to find.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Gauging interest for a Yu-Gi-Oh! roleplay.

Expert knowledge of the card game not required, but passing knowledge (do you know how to play the card game?) is necessary. [I understand that this narrows the user pool considerably, which is why I'm gauging interest.] Not looking for a significant number of players.

Homebrew cards will definitely be allowed (pending some analysis / approval). Probably utilizing some period of time after GX canon as the setting for the plot. New mechanics allowed, but there is a list of restricted cards that cannot be used (due to implications of the universe).

This is another attempt at creating and sticking with an RP; this time, the franchise is familiar, so people won't have to read through tens of thousands of informational writing just to understand the setting. (Really, nobody wants to do that anyway.)
So, uh, children's card games, anyone? I'd start planning on this, but I'd like some indication at least of whether there will actually be players. (It's viable as long as there are a handful of interested people... I don't believe I have a true minimum for the plot in mind.)

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Magic

Cirrus sounds interesting, but how would it work? It would take quite a while to write out a yugioh battle, and would involve a load of VMs/PMs/chatlogs to avoid bunnying.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Most of the time the players play against NPCs, and generally they'll be allowed to take full control of the NPCs (because seriously, nobody loses against random NPCs); player-versus-player duels are much rarer, and when they do come up they'll be arranged via VM / PM / instant messaging (!!! best medium detected) beforehand so that one or both players will write a unified account of the entire game after first deciding the result of the duel.

(Duels against serious NPCs will be, of course, dramatized appropriately between the GM and the player. However, the player typically always wins anyway unless they have to lose due to PLOT TWIST / CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, so y'know)

Plus, half of the time you don't even play children's card games! A lot of the character development and interaction happens independent of the fact that children's card games exist.

(I miss CARD GAMES, which is why I'm thinking of making a card games RP. You can find a very good example of how exactly YGO RPs would work out in its thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...t=97398&page=3 provides a lot of brief NPC duels.)

ADDENDUM: another good example on the later pages of the thread, this time of a player-vs-player game.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.

Last edited by Cirrus; July 13th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Hey! Blah here. I just got introducced to the RP world and I'm liking what I'm seeing
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM
<Challenger>

@Cirrus Pfft! I play SHADOW children's card games! I will probably join and make so many references to Yugioh Abridged that you will all hate me and I will love it. Littlekuriboh is a comedy genius.

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

I feel like Melvin will find his way into the RP and hug us all when we're not looking... O.o
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM
<Challenger>

Eh. I just killed my own father, so I'm in WAY too good a mood to let it bother me.

Old July 13th, 2013, 11:00 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
If that's too much trouble, you can always get pages from the manga. Those should be easy to find.
That does sound much easier.

There will be a requirement of creativity in joining, though. Each player's character must have a unique Kakugane with its own strengths and weaknesses. For the most part, we'll be avoiding anything canon, but still, I don't want anyone to imitate Sunlight Heart or Mirror Skin, or any of the known Kakugane.

However, this leads me to wonder, should this RP have a larger group of players, or smaller?

Old July 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
Hey! Blah here. I just got introducced to the RP world and I'm liking what I'm seeing :P
Blah, you suck. Er just kidding and welcome to RPC!
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Chalifoux
ZIGZAGOON!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
New people, yay! :D

Hello, Mac and Blah -and hello again, Megan!-. Please take these welcome cookies and enjoy the nice RP Corner and it's awesome RPs and people and learn to fly and stuff:3
Spoiler:

@Cirrus. Do that Yu-Gi-Oh! RP The fate of the world depends on it! Nah, seriously, I would definitely join it if I have enough free time :3
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Thanks! I'm really excited to be involved. It seems like a really friendly community.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Thanks to those who welcomed me back! I'm really excited to be roleplaying again. To be quite honest, I really miss doing so~ I'm going to jump in at PTA (probably my forever roleplay xD) and Imma browse and see what other roleplays are out there! Things have indeed changed, and I'm happy to see Swifty taking care of things around here! So proud of you :')
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
<Challenger>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Thanks! I'm really excited to be involved. It seems like a really friendly community.
Friendly? Pfft. These ugly chumps are not friendly! I however, am a prince charmiing. In case no one could tell, that was sarcastic. I am a very mean person. Lol

Old July 13th, 2013, 04:14 PM
TheCartographer
Map-Maker

Holy Crap! -grabs many welcome cookies- I love you now. You have cookies. Hmm, so many RPs, and I haven't written a Character for an RP in so long... where to start?

ps: I may be out of practice.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:43 PM
<Challenger>

If everybody would stop making excellent roleplays so I wouldn't have to join them all, that'd be great.

Old July 13th, 2013, 11:19 PM
銀ヤミ

Working on the Arms Alchemy Academy RP post, what do you guys think?

Oh, and since it's kind of an obscurity, clicking the "Busou Renkin" Japanese Title will link you to a website where you can watch it in either subs or dubs.

Old July 13th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Chalifoux
ZIGZAGOON!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
@WolfOfEve. Well, that's a pretty looking teaser :3 Although the video shows up wider than the CSS it is at for me :/ But yeah, looks intriguing and all :3

@TheCartographer. Ermahgerd, your signature, my cookies. Perfect. I love you already :D Most people like to being the Pokémon Trainer Academy, or a journey Roleplay like RéBURST RéBOOT. Or one of the many original Roleplays, like Midnight, Reapers, and many, many more! :D
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

@Hereto Well great now that you said that I have to go make one! Oh wait...that wouldn't be great lol nvm no worries.

@Cartographer I share the same sentiments as Sr. Alejandro Beats for sure.

Man...when are they gonna make new episodes of Legend of Korra? It's not fair it was sooooo goood. Just like the original Avatar. Me and my best buddy for a long time watched the whole of Last Airbender on xbox live netflix back when you could watch stuff together, every episode in the course of a few days, awesome.
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
If everybody would stop making excellent roleplays so I wouldn't have to join them all, that'd be great.
I must admit that the RP's around look really cool. :] I'm excited for more journey RPs myself. ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:59 AM
adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
so you did come here 8D WELCOME. This is the friendliest and most fun section of PC. It's a subjective fact that anyone here can back up. Browse the Roleplay Library to find something that interests you, Mac~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links