The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:14 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelofe View Post
hey man, I really want to play this Hack, is there a .gba rom avaliable?

I want to play it on my android device using GAMEBOID.

Thanks a lot!

edit: tried patching, used the 1.0 original rom, like explained on the website, but I got the white screen =/
PM me I will help you there as it is against the rules here

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsalexney View Post
I'm going to ask a really dumb question, and ask how you save the game?
If you are playing this hack on VBA then you have two ways of saving this game. One is the in game save from the menu and the other is the save states option VBA offers. Hit Ctrl +S each time you want to save. Also don't forget to change your save settings to Flash 128 Kbytes in VBA menu

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 12th, 2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jésrøñ bans View Post
See dude we have got gba version n which I use is New_Pokemon_-_Light_Platinum_Eng-spaces_(1)
Try searching this on google n u will get the 16mb rom.
Yeah... support the wrong way... and a way which is forbidden here...
Why don't you at least direct those people to FAQ so they can LEARN how to patch so they will now how to use hacks next time.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Jésrøñ bans
Dreams come true.....

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yeah... support the wrong way... and a way which is forbidden here...
Why don't you at least direct those people to FAQ so they can LEARN how to patch so they will now how to use hacks next time.
Ok m sorry dude.
Actually I didn't know the rules and regulations over here.
So this won't happen again.

Life iz very short, live each moment of it...
No one knows whats gonna happen tomorow, so enjoy today...
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Mr.Kane

Anyone able to help me out? I played this ages ago, it was the full version and everything but I had to do some tinkering to get it to finally work on GPSPhone (gba emulator for ios devices). It was flawless and I did no actual editing to the rom, just had to make a save file in an emulator on my laptop and copy both files over to the rom directory on the iPhone I used.

Sadly the emulator just uses save states so I cannot edit my save to continue, my problem is the 7th Gym leader is no where to be found, he was supposed to be in the lab/power plant (I can't remember exactly) but he isnt and this means I cannot continue, any ideas?
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:01 AM
wasney

I now have immense respect for any and all rom hackers. I have succeeded in adding a location for initiating trade and battles, and even scripted the 3 characters that are usually on the second floor of the pokecenter. Still need to create the 3 rooms that those things take place at and such...and then test, test, test. Not sure if I am going to continue. At this point, we (my gf and I) think we can have fun just playing, and not battling or trading on another....
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:59 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
a friend of mine would like to try this game, but he uses an iphone emulator to play it. is there a chance you can add anoither download to the weleyfg site for a .zip file format? the iphone emulator doesn't accept .rar files
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:08 PM
GhostStrategy

How do I open the game? I have VBA but the file I downloaded is not a .GBA file?
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStrategy View Post
How do I open the game? I have VBA but the file I downloaded is not a .GBA file?
And here we go again...
Please refer to the FAQ of this section...
You need to patch the clean Ruby ROM...

Old July 14th, 2013, 01:18 AM
moontda

thx, i got the game going. im looking forward to finding amazing stuff like in the previous version
Old July 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Hayabusa-Kun
Happy Go Lucky

Nature: Brave
HELP! I'm stuck! I've almost complete the Pokedex but it seem that i can't find this two legendary Pokemon that is Uxie and Azelf. I've search the whole place. Thanks for helping!
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
firered410

I'm having problems with trainer battles no trainer will battle me from route 406 onward. the only people who fight me are rivals and gym leaders, but no team steam members or regular trainers. If anyone could help that would be great and much appreciated
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa-Kun View Post
HELP! I'm stuck! I've almost complete the Pokedex but it seem that i can't find this two legendary Pokemon that is Uxie and Azelf. I've search the whole place. Thanks for helping!
Since you seem to have defeated Shirona in order to get Mesprit, I presume the prerequisite is done...
Both are randomly placed in Zheri... Azelf should be in forest while Uxie on beach island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firered410 View Post
I'm having problems with trainer battles no trainer will battle me from route 406 onward. the only people who fight me are rivals and gym leaders, but no team steam members or regular trainers. If anyone could help that would be great and much appreciated
It seems to be wrongly patched ROM with set trainerflags... you should patch a new one.

Old July 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
lettermb97

Can you battle using VBA Link in this game? becaseu my and my brother raced to see who could finish it and want to battle
Old July 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM
lugia.199x

I just obtained a rottom and i wonder how to change it's form ? Sr if my English not good
Old July 19th, 2013, 07:21 PM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugia.199x View Post
I just obtained a rottom and i wonder how to change it's form ? Sr if my English not good
Sorry, Rotom cannot change formes. I was bummed about this too.

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:04 PM
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
Well just got through this game and I'll admit, it was pretty good, not the best one, certainly not up with Life of Guardians, but it was pretty good.

That being said ladies and gentlemen...while there are good things about this ROM Hack, there are some negatives about it...and my my my do I have a lot.

Tune into my next Rant video where I bash this game, for some of its flaws...mainly its technical flaws.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:07 PM
InfiniteTrinity

This rom is amazing c: are you able to play vba wireless link ? :x and using ciros poke editor, chansey seems to have the shaymin sprite :d
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:03 PM
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

I know this is a terrible question that has probably already been asked, but I wanted to know if all starters are available. I know that a few months ago there was a glitch that allowed you to get the 3 johto starters, but that was the only way I knew of. (I just started the game, if you are wondering.)

If it's already been asked, you can just redirect me towards that post, if not, I would really like a response.

Thank you for helping,

Green
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Old July 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
I know this is a terrible question that has probably already been asked, but I wanted to know if all starters are available. I know that a few months ago there was a glitch that allowed you to get the 3 johto starters, but that was the only way I knew of. (I just started the game, if you are wondering.)

If it's already been asked, you can just redirect me towards that post, if not, I would really like a response.

Thank you for helping,

Green
Well, in the game itself, all the starters are available. However, getting the starters...I think it's only one per set. Sorry :/

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old July 21st, 2013, 02:22 AM
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

Thank you for responding, and I guess that's fine with me.

Now one more question...(Only because it is one of my favorite pokemon)

Is there any way to obtain Leafeon or is it one of the pokemon that cannot be obtained?

(Oh, thought of another one.)

Also, is this the final version, or could there be revisions later? I noticed that a few of the pokedex entries are incorrect for me.

Sandile appears as Slakoth. (The entry, not pic, same goes with the rest.)
Scraggy appears as Makuhita. (Sorry, I probably spelled it wrong.)
Zorua has Paras's description.
Drilbur appears as HootHoot.

That's all I've noticed so far.
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Old July 21st, 2013, 07:10 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
Thank you for responding, and I guess that's fine with me.

Now one more question...(Only because it is one of my favorite pokemon)

Is there any way to obtain Leafeon or is it one of the pokemon that cannot be obtained?

(Oh, thought of another one.)

Also, is this the final version, or could there be revisions later? I noticed that a few of the pokedex entries are incorrect for me.

Sandile appears as Slakoth. (The entry, not pic, same goes with the rest.)
Scraggy appears as Makuhita. (Sorry, I probably spelled it wrong.)
Zorua has Paras's description.
Drilbur appears as HootHoot.

That's all I've noticed so far.
That's the one thing that's bad with the GBA serie games. You can't have all the Eeveevolutions. There's a limit to only 5 evolutions per Pokemon. Eevee in Light Platinum already has Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, and Umbreon. So, Eevee cannot evolve into Glaceon or Leafeon. However, the original Eevee Evolutions aren't so bad. They're actually very good. But still, sorry dude :/ And, I'm making my own update for the game. I figured out how to add over 100 moves to Light Platinum. I'm doing it as I write this, and Pokedex entries...that I could try to fix as well

Last edited by LCCoolJ95; July 21st, 2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Update stuff
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
all4game

HELPP, How To get the 4th Starter in light platinum like a chimchar dll hehe
Old July 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM
Arroar

Nature: Jolly
I am going to Nuzlocke this on my channel. Its awesome. thanks.
Old July 21st, 2013, 04:01 PM
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

@all4game - Even though I haven't gotten to it yet, I believe you have to beat the Zherry league and when you get to Lauren, you are given the option of getting it... Or maybe that's the fifth gen...

EDIT: Correction, that's the fifth gen, the fourth gen you get from Rowan who is in Snowce. I do not know where in Snowce, so you'll have to look around for Rowan.

EDIT #2: Another thing I've noticed is that the first time you enter Mt.Winder, it says it is called Mt. Winter.
Also, if you haven't realized, I will most likely be doing this until I beat the game, so if you do not like me posting error so often, just tell me.

EDIT #3(Slightly Random): When you battle Diamond after getting out of Mt. Winder, he has a Tyranitar level 49, although pupitar evolves at lv. 55, just pointing it out.

EDIT #4: When surfing towards the secret base of steam, the very northern edge on the west side, your reflection will show on the land.
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Last edited by greenking13; July 22nd, 2013 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Noticed error
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:48 PM
hasbi_tm
hasbi_tm